Almost a joke - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2152 Views )

Ishmael
2319th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 05:58post reply

This piece from The Onion is supposed to be a joke about a game that is as uninvolving and lacking in fun as possible but to me it sounds a lot like the first Soul Reaver game.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 06:39post reply

quote:
This piece from The Onion is supposed to be a joke about a game that is as uninvolving and lacking in fun as possible but to me it sounds a lot like the first Soul Reaver game.

Sounds a lot like the part-time job in Shenmue II to me.

Shooo-rook
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 08:20post reply

quote:

"Though some have compared Stacker to Tetris, those within the industry have been quick to draw distinctions between the two games.

"Tetris' suggestively twisting and turning blocks, violent falling motions, and increasingly frenzied suspense are a potential influence on children," said video-game ethicist Steve Contreras." "Those video-game honchos are up to the same old tricks."

Wow... what an incredible game the plot sounds really good...

Really "violent falling motions"??? TETRIS!? How asinine are these people. This article is saying how Take 2 is responding to parent's complaints about violent video games... WHO IS THE CONSUMER HERE!? THe kid of course. Unless the kid depends on their parents for video games... WOW to reacquaintance myself with reality after playing Stacker I think i will kill 29 women, and one man.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

ONSLAUGHT
3554th Post

"Re(2):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 08:59post reply

quote:

Really "violent falling motions"??? TETRIS!? How asinine are these people.

Vasectomy, consider it for the good of mankind.

Shooo-rook
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 11:55post reply

quote:

"Though some have compared Stacker to Tetris, those within the industry have been quick to draw distinctions between the two games.

"Tetris' suggestively twisting and turning blocks, violent falling motions, and increasingly frenzied suspense are a potential influence on children," said video-game ethicist Steve Contreras." "Those video-game honchos are up to the same old tricks."

Really "violent falling motions"??? TETRIS!? How asinine are these people. This article is saying how Take 2 is responding to parent's complaints about violent video games... WHO IS THE CONSUMER HERE!? THe kid of course. Unless the kid depends on their parents for video games... WOW to reacquaintance myself with reality after playing Stacker I think i will kill 29 women, and one man.

If the FBI is watching... I was joking!!! HAHAHAAA
no 30 humans on my hit list!

Dr Baghead
3539th Post

"Re(2):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 13:29post reply

quote:

Are you playing a really clever joke on us? or do you seriously have no clue what the Onion is?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Undead Fred
2589th Post

"Re(1):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 16:04post reply

quote:

Man... I have a feeling that someone could show that article to Jack Thompson and convince him it was real... then, when he starts praising/going off on the game, he would be SHAMED OUT OF EXISTENCE

Radish
3130th Post

"Re(2):Almost a joke" , posted Fri 16 Dec 20:30post reply

quote:
Sounds a lot like the part-time job in Shenmue II to me.

Work in some way that you can starve to death while pushing boxes and you have the second half of Lost in Blue.

Shooo-rook
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Almost a joke" , posted Thu 29 Dec 01:46post reply

quote:

Are you playing a really clever joke on us? or do you seriously have no clue what the Onion is?

My apologies heh...