Original message (11206 Views )

Iggy
7470th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Christmas random news" , posted Tue 13 Dec 23:50post reply

Kutaragi :

,!  \    
           ,!\          !    \        I'm not a Sony employee. 
         i  \         l      \,,..__ I'm just a piece of the Playstation World.
          ,i′  ,\___,,--―l       \::゙'冖ーi、、
        i     :;\::::::::::..l              `'‐、、
       /__,..;:r---―-、,..__.     ,;'il:;}          .;:::`L__
   ,.:f''""゙゙゙´          、 ̄ヽ,//           ...::::::l;;;:;;::::
  _/       ......  、   \//、            ::::::::リ;;:::::::::....
//       ......:;::::::::::::. ヽ、\ ゙ヽ  ヘ    ●      ....:::::::::i';;;;::::::::::::
;;/    ::::::::::::;;;;;ノ ̄\:: 〉 〉゙'、 `ヽ_ノ       ......:::::::.;;;:ノ:;;;:::::::::::::
/    ..::::、__;;ノ;;;`ヽ_/: / /⌒)メ、_ノ/         .....:::::;;;/;;;:::::;;:::::::::
     ..:::イ;;.ヽ::;;;;;;;;;(__ノ /'"..:::::::::::::/  ...............:::::::::::;;;,;ノ;;::::::::::::::::
     :::::::l;;;;;;;;;\;;;;;;;,.(__ノ;.;:.\:::::::::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;/;:::::::::::::::::
    ::::::::,!::;;;;;;;;;;:.`゙'-、、  ::: \_/::::::::::;;;___,.;-―''"::::::::::::::::::::::::
   ..::::::::::,!;;;;;:;;;;;:::;;;;;:::;;;;;;`゙ ̄'''冖''―--―'";;;;;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Have I already said that I loved this insane man ?
Also, Mario Kart clone on cell phone by Sony.

Replies:

Iggy
7475th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 00:12post reply

Seiken Densetsu 4 is officially on PS2.

The lack of in-game pictures of RoR is NG.

Santa Hiroyuki.

pointman_4000
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 00:48post reply

quote:
Mario Kart clone on cell phone by Sony.

I think Sony missed an opportunity here. If this were on PSP, it could probably be one of the few games people would buy en masse for the system in Japan.

[OOO]----///////////////////

HAYATO
558th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 03:05post reply

quote:
Seiken Densetsu 4 is officially on PS2.

Then...WTF is PSX "Legend of Mana"??

Iggy
7476th Post

"Re(3):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 04:16post reply

quote:

I think it is "Legend of Mana".

Maou
741th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 05:35:post reply

quote:

SHOCK!

heheheh. I don't think there was a holy sword in Legend...from what I saw, it involved more talking duck soldiers and less seikens.

edit: really.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 17 Dec 05:40]

sabo10
1269th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 17 Dec 11:41post reply

僕はソニーの社員とは思っていない。

プレイステーション・ワールドの一員だから。

HAYATO
560th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 19 Dec 09:30post reply

quote:

SHOCK!

heheheh. I don't think there was a holy sword in Legend...from what I saw, it involved more talking duck soldiers and less seikens.

Yeah, the matter is that I often find it credited as Seiken Densetsu 4 around the Web, but from your replies it follows that it's just some misguided fan numbering...

gorgeous
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 19 Dec 12:34post reply

quote:
僕はソニーの社員とは思っていない。

プレイステーション・ワールドの一員だから。

Actually, in casual conversation, he's an 俺.

Iggy
7480th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Thu 22 Dec 06:48post reply

Metal Saga will be re-released as a "The Best" on 03/02.

If you missed it, it's considered by people with taste as one of the two best RPGs of the year (the other being RomaMin)(and both of them need at least an official HDD to be played correctly).

Iggy
7482th Post

"Ôkami, Valkyrie Profile" , posted Fri 23 Dec 02:21post reply

VP official site opens
The lightening bolt thing seems even better than the cristals for the platform phases.

What is it ? It's a bird ? It's a plane ?
No, it's Ôkami's release date !!!
04/20.

exodus
3172th Post

"Re(1):Ôkami, Valkyrie Profile" , posted Fri 23 Dec 02:56post reply

quote:

04/20.

Z0MG420

Ishmael
2325th Post

"Re(1):Ôkami, Valkyrie Profile" , posted Fri 23 Dec 05:01post reply

quote:

What is it ? It's a bird ? It's a plane ?
No, it's Ôkami's release date !!!
04/20.

Is Clover Studio just toying with me again or is the game actually going to be released? Will the final product be as much fun as clicking on the monkey and rabbit on the homepage is? Only time will tell.

Iggy
7485th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Sun 25 Dec 05:29:post reply

Ko-hatsu has a movie of the Hokuto no Ken game.
2005 really had quite a lot of awful 2D games.

Also, Tekken 5 DR already received an upgrade (version B)

Also the official site of Rule of Rose has been updated with a new movie, and the fairy tales book Jennifer is reading.
It looks like they will show several movies on the site... I'm not sure this is a good thing to do, since many people will by the game only for the movies, but... Oh well.

In the movie : the dog, english voices (bad VA, but japanese VA would have been too weird).
Not in the movie : Pizzako.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 25 Dec 06:02]

Spoon
1249th Post

"Re(2):Christmas random news" , posted Sun 25 Dec 11:03post reply

quote:
Ko-hatsu has a movie of the Hokuto no Ken game.
2005 really had quite a lot of awful 2D games.

A lot of movies have been posted at www.trftrf.com since the release of the game, and it's been interesting to see the development of the playing of the game.

I hope you're not implying that this game falls into the category of all those awful 2D games... but which ones would those be, anyway? I haven't been keeping up...

Hokuto no Ken has got a lot of interesting systems, and shows surprising game balance, even with all the crazy stuff that many characters can do, and all the setups into instant kill. Plus it has lots of stuff that panders to Fist of the North Star fans...

Yeah, the animations could use more frames, but then it's Arc Systems, so I don't think anyone expected anything else.

Iggy
7486th Post

"Re(3):Christmas random news" , posted Sun 25 Dec 21:06:post reply

quote:
I hope you're not implying that this game falls into the category of all those awful 2D games... but which ones would those be, anyway? I haven't been keeping up...

I would say... Battle Colloseum, Ken Samu (which is not exactly awful, but a huge disappointment after SS0 and Supisupe), GGXX/ and Melty Blood AC.

Hokuto no Ken may have a good balance, but.... frankly... I'm not sure it's even relevant anymore.

The fact the instant kill can be comboed after even a small kick or a throw is insane. Oh, and even the computer often does it. I guess the concept behind the game is that only the players able to survive to a real post apocalyptic world should be allowed to insert a 100 yen coin in it.

Beside, the team behind the game has absolutely no interest for the original manga, which is NOT a good thing when you plan to sell a game on its name alone.
Maybe some western fans like it just because it's Ken and they're happy with it, but if they don't see what is wrong to put a Hokuto game with the GG engine, then I guess I have nothing to say. Or if the original moves of the characters don't have anything to do with what they did in the manga. Or if stupid moves names like "Grape Shoot" or "Punishing Strike" don't match the Hokuto no Ken universe (but I guess the developpers thought that making the name of the move appear in huge letters in the background was enough to make it look cool). Or if some voices don't have anything to do with what they said in the manga. Or even when they say it, it sounds wrong (or maybe Mamiya and Heartsama also were Raô's 強敵(とも), who knows). Or if the Hyakuretsuken includes a bunch of kicks and a ends up with a kick.

The developpers don't care about the manga at all. Their game sucks.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 25 Dec 21:10]

Iggy
7486th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 26 Dec 01:09post reply

Results for the week

8,623 X Box 360 sold, against more than 400 000 DS.

A success, indeed, two weeks after its launch.

Abster
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 26 Dec 13:59post reply

Tenka? Disappointing? There are a pair of vids out there that show bugs and an infinite of Gaira's that have been banned from tournaments. Even one of Iroha being stuck in her perfect guard animation after blocking Amakusa's air fireball move.

BTW, the announcer's voice is different on some videos than others. Is this an option one can toggle with?

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Spoon
1251th Post

"Re(4):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 26 Dec 15:37post reply

quote:
Hokuto no Ken may have a good balance, but.... frankly... I'm not sure it's even relevant anymore.

The fact the instant kill can be comboed after even a small kick or a throw is insane.

One thing to note is that at the moment, only two characters have been seen to be able to combo into instant kill off of some kind of throw, and those are Shin with his command throw, and possibly Toki off a throw against a cornered opponent. Shin's command throw is one of, if not wholly, his selling points. But then, you see Rei do a combo that takes off four stars, or Heart do his super and take off half your health, and you realize that there's a lot of abusable stuff in the game.

Nevertheless, this is old as hell. It was in the first batch of videos released, and the Ken player in the vid sucked. People screamed WTF! then, but after seeing Shin and Rei die numerous, uncountable times by DAMAGE (not instant kill) to Toki, we got over it.

quote:
complaints that are not without merit

After the Hokuto no Ken OAV, all expectations are so low that the prospect of a decent and NEW fighting game that simultaneously happens to have HnK content is overwhelming. Yes, there's a bunch of stuff that the fanboy in me wants to cry, "UNFORGIVABLE!" over, but eventually the urges subside.

Pollyanna
1567th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 26 Dec 16:37post reply

With the exception of Mr. Big and Tung's irritating rapid tap move, I don't really think NGBC is awful. Underwhelming, perhaps, but I also think it's underrated. Well, I say it's underrated because everyone seems to dislike it and I can't figure out why. Sure, it's nothing too new or exciting, but I haven't found anything to make me dislike it yet.

Being desperate for 2D fighters doesn't excuse mediocrity, but I can't manage to complain.

The new GGXX on the other hand, is the single most unecessary game ever made...joining ranks with the Resident Evil Director's Cut.

Nate
737th Post

"Re(6):Christmas random news" , posted Mon 26 Dec 17:34post reply

quote:

The new GGXX on the other hand, is the single most unecessary game ever made...joining ranks with the Resident Evil Director's Cut.

Don't forget Resident Evil Director's Cut DUAL SHOCK EDITION.

And the Saturn version. And the DS version.

But yes, Guilty Gear is slowly becoming more and more of a joke. I think they revealed a Ky-ish looking new character for the home version recently. Meaning yet another stupid sprite edit, probably. Ishiwatari is playing a cruel game with my vulnerable young heart.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

pointman_4000
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 00:23post reply

quote:
Results for the week

8,623 X Box 360 sold, against more than 400 000 DS.

A success, indeed, two weeks after its launch.

The good thing to come out of the 360's crap sales is that if I ever want to import one before March, I'll at least be able to get a Japanese console without worrying about stock being sold out.

[OOO]----///////////////////

Iggy
7488th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 01:41post reply

Xenosaga 3 will see the return of some extremely popular systems from Xenosaga 1.

お楽しみに…

Red Falcon
5623th Post

"Re(4):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 03:46:post reply

quote:

The fact the instant kill can be comboed after even a small kick or a throw is insane. Oh, and even the computer often does it. I guess the concept behind the game is that only the players able to survive to a real post apocalyptic world should be allowed to insert a 100 yen coin in it.

The game is fun, and people seem to like it, and not just (gasp) WESTERN fans, who we all know are inferior. I for one like it and I'm glad I got it. Fatal KOs are comboable, but you have to empty their star gauge first so it's not exactly as abusable as you seem to imply. In real matches, you hardly ever see Fatal KO's with the exception of Shin's, whose... is actually kind of abusable. Sure, most of the moves are made up for the game, but it makes it an actually GOOD, FUN fighter... as opposed to every other Hokuto fighter ever made (and heck, most Hokuto games... seems it's been cursed with suckiness until this and the punching game)

Iggy = the Fox News of gaming info.

Edit: Arcadia tier list is already out. Heart = low, boo hoo.. Jagi = mid, YES. Of course they're flexible as time goes on, and I'm using Heart-sama anyway. And besides, tiers are stupid and shouldn't dictate how people play.

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 27 Dec 03:54]

Stifu
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 03:58post reply

Yep... I'm hyped about Hokuto no Ken, I'm going to get it whenever I can.
I think Iggy is being needlessly negative about it (and its makers)...

Red Falcon
5624th Post

"Re(6):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 04:03:post reply

quote:
I think Iggy is being needlessly negative about it (and its makers)...

Like I said, Iggy is the Fox News of gaming info. Don't get me wrong Iggy, you're a nice guy, but you regularly only report info that supports only the opinions you have/want others to have on a game. Normally I don't care, but I'm admittedly very enthusiastic about this fighter, as I've been waiting for 10 years or more for an actually enjoyable Hokuto fighting game. As somebody who has become sort of a "news mogul" on this site, you should strive for more impartiality.

Edit: Tier list. Forgot, Souther is high. Well, that's pretty nice. I guess things have changed since the first couple of tourneys though, where Shin was owning and Ken was creamed every time. http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105515

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 27 Dec 04:05]

Stifu
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 04:26post reply

As long as Iggy doesn't say the game is worse than Hokuto no Ken 6 or 7 on SNES, I guess he keeps a bit of credibility.

Iggy
7489th Post

"Re(7):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 04:55post reply

quote:
you regularly only report info that supports only the opinions you have/want others to have on a game.

Of course that's what I do. I'm not interested enough in what others think to smoothen my pre-made opinions.

quote:
As somebody who has become sort of a "news mogul" on this site, you should strive for more impartiality.

Hum...
I don't like that "news mogul" thing (if only because I do nothing but translating Namae no nai Heya, random posts from blogs or 2ch, or just writing down things the Hagué discovers all by himself, and it's not like if those things were hard to do nor took more than a few minutes a day/week).

I'm only half joking when I say this board is my blog. I really have a terrible, terrible memory (the few people around here who know me can tell interesting anecdotes about the blackhole that lies between my two hears).
So most of the things I post around here (especially those in the random news threads) are just things for me not to forget.
Which means I don't care for what most people think about what I post here (I mean, even less then what they think about what I post elsewhere) or if the informations I post can interest anybody beside myself. This is really a glorified notepad, except that when I write something here I have bonus boobs to welcome me while I discover what I wrote the night before.

When I posted on the frontpage of IC, and if the Professor is desper... nice enough to ask me to post on the MMC frontpage, I was/will be adressing to people, the faceless readers of the site, and I will change my style accordingly.
As odd as it seems, I still have trouble imagining any real person reads this BBS.
I sometimes wonder if all the posters here are not just different personalities that write on the board while the Iggy and Guillaume personae are asleep.

At least the therapy managed to get us rid of the HazZan personality.

As for Hokuto no Ken, I just hate it because it's an awful tribute to the original manga. I can't see it as a fighting game but a licensed game. And as a licensed game, it's terrible.
I thought they could do something near the level of Jojo, but instead we just had another franchise forced into a game that has nothing to do with the original product like we used to have 10 years ago. But at least those used contemporary franchises to cash on their fame.
I don't see the point to take an old franchise like this one if you don't like it in the first place.

Red Falcon
5626th Post

"Re(8):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 05:13:post reply

quote:

I don't like that "news mogul" thing (if only because I do nothing but translating Namae no nai Heya, random posts from blogs or 2ch, or just writing down things the Hagué discovers all by himself, and it's not like if those things were hard to do nor took more than a few minutes a day/week).
Whether you like it or not, I think it's kind of become true (especially for people who wish they could eat out of your hand, like... neoshingoblahblahblah) I guess I can see what you say about it compared to the manga; it really isn't like it at all, but I kind of viewed it more in the context of the anime (Bart and Rin are their anime-colours, and blood turns white in certain fatal KOs) and I kind of wish Mamiya wasn't in it (Hokuto was always supposed to be a sort of a sausage-fest).Tetsuo Hara did all the character art, so he's probably okay with it, no? I'll just think of it as another "alternate universe".. hell, otherwise none of these people would be alive.

edit: very bad writing. I'm depressed and tired, I should go back to sleep.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 27 Dec 05:14]

Stifu
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 06:04post reply

I think the game looks great...
Also, I can't see how Iggy can tell the makers don't like the manga. Anyway, there are many people behind the game, obviously, and I think it's a bit stupid to take them as a mass... Obviously, the whole team is made of individuals, and they most likely don't all share the same point of view.

By the way, I can't see a problem with having an engine that's like the Guilty one for this game.
I'm not into Guilty Gear at all though (not that I don't like it, I just never really tried it), but from what I gathered, it has a fast combo engine... I read GG is more into air battles than Hokuto no Ken, but that apart from that, they were quite similar.
So what's the problem ? The fact it's so fast and so heavily combo-based ? That's the only answer I could think of, but feel free to enlighten me.

In the HnK manga, there are several scenes where fights are supposed to be light speed... Like when Toki and Raoh fight and got their foot impaled together, they don't look like they're moving at all, but Rei states that they're fighting so fast you can't see anything, or something like that... I'm just saying that to say such a game engine seems appropriate enough to me, not miles away from the spirit of the manga.

Spoon
1252th Post

"Re(8):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 06:22post reply

quote:
I thought they could do something near the level of Jojo,

You're asking for the impossible, and we both know it.

Stifu
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 06:45:post reply

I forgot to add: Despite what Iggy said, I think most of the moves of the games are true to the manga. It's quite remarkable really. Maybe one or two moves have been altered a bit, but so what ? It doesn't mean the makers don't give a shit about the manga or anything, they may just have wanted to make some special attacks cooler or simply different...

Edit: Wow, Rei even has a specific Fatal KO against Juda ! Have a look: http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/movieroom.htm (5th video)

[this message was edited by Stifu on Tue 27 Dec 07:00]

Iggy
7491th Post

"Re(9):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 18:15:post reply

Red Falcon : people who wish they could eat in my hands can burn in hell, as far as I'm concerned.
And post-christmas depression is bad, please recover soon. You should have done like me, have a relative like a cherished aunt dying the 24th, so you're depressed during the whole holidays and become used to it.

quote:
You're asking for the impossible, and we both know it.

Oh no.
I wasn't talking about the general quality, I'm indeed aware that Capcom put more money in Jojo than Sega in Hokuto no Ken, but about the global adaptation.
I mean, the Jojo game, for a fan of the manga is absolutely fantastic. Absolutely each and every move manages to stay in-character, even the way they run, the way they dodge, or the way they do crouching light punches (which they obviously don't in the manga).
The game is saturated with ideas to adapt the maximum of sequences, and I still can't help smiling when I see Hol Horse's medium attack when he uses his brick. When they had to draw Mariah or Alessy running, they looked into the manga to see exactly how they did it and render it the best way possible. And Dio's back dash animation.... Oh god, Dio's back dash.

You see what I mean ? When you play Hokuto no Ken, well... it's just HnK characters moving and fighting like any characters from any other fighting game, with at most 2 or 3 signature moves.
You don't need money to be creative with something you like. And you don't need money to make Ken NOT kick during his hyakuretsuken.

I think I'm going to play a little of Jojo now.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 27 Dec 18:17]

Nate
739th Post

"Re(10):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 18:21post reply

quote:

I think I'm going to play a little of Jojo now.

That site with Jojo matches (jojo.sakura.ne.jp) is back up, by the way. I have yet to see a full match with Mariah, though, and I really want to.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Spoon
1255th Post

"Re(10):Christmas random news" , posted Tue 27 Dec 21:21:post reply

quote:
jojo ebullience

How do you know that this isn't what I mean when I said that, because I agree exactly with everything you have to say about Capcom's Jojo?

CAESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

The Jojo crew did have some help from Araki, too. Didn't he draw up a design for Middler (not the one with Bast, who I think is Mariah... or am I reversed...) just for the game?

When it comes to referencing existing material, it seems that nowadays the only ones with the right amount of passion when it comes to making fighting games are the doujin groups. For awhile, I was worried that their obsession with paying tribute would interfere with their desire to produce a wholly new game with wholly new mechanics, but those fears have largely been laid to rest with the release of Immaterial and Missing Power.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Tue 27 Dec 21:32]

Iggy
7492th Post

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Wed 28 Dec 23:06post reply

Tracklist for DDR Strike

This game is already better than Festival.
And the shopping mode is finally there.

Professor
2267th Post

MMCafe Owner

"NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 01:46:post reply

Merry Xmas'!

Anyways, here's a few short Q&A's from someone who actually took the SNK Playmore Shuttle bus to attended the NewGeo New years bash in Tokyo... which didn't go as well as it was planned since the heavy snow forced the bus to take a U-turn back to Osaka. Falcoon and some of the staffs decided to take a Shinkansen/Bullet Train ride to Tokyo, while the fans were given a free viewing of all the KOF short anime episodes at SNK Headquarters.

Anyway, there was a Q & A session with Falcoon during the early period of the bus ride. Here goes a rough translation of the core questions.

URL of report is:
http://www.geocities.jp/mozkof2004/repo/kofbounen2005.html

Q: Is KOFXII in development?
A: It's just begun.

Q: Are [you] doing artworks for Card Figthers DS, and how far is the game in development?
A: [I'm] doing some. Development's at 2% (laughs)

Q: Are there plans to release a soundtrack for the [KOF's] short anime?
A: We didn't do the music. It's done by the person that did Gran Turismo, so we don't know.

Q: What about a sequel for Garou MOW?
A: It was about 70% done back in the old SNK, but whether it'll be released is undecided.

Q: Will NBC2 come out?
A: It's undecided. It will depend on NBC's sales for the PS2, so please buy it (laughs

Q: [I've] heard that Rock can't come out in KOF?
A: Terry is in his MOW costume, so we have plans to use him as well.

Q: Will Ash's flames be red in KOFXII? Will Iori still come out?
A: For Ash, it's undecided. Iori is undecided too, but he needs to come out since he's a popular character.

Q: [I've] heard that Rugal has a young brother, but will he ever come out?
A: He has a young brother. Whether he'll ever appear is undecided.

Q: Will characters from KOF Kyo ever be used again?
A: That's undecided.

Q: Will KOF98 be released as an online collection?
A: We have plans of releasing it like 94RE. We also have something in mind for 2002.

Q: Will there be a male version of Days of Memories (KOF cell phone dating sim)?
A: Yes. Please look forward.

[edit]
On a side note, personally I'm having fun with Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North star. I think all the characters can use their instant death in a combo (not sure about Mr.Heart). But fortunately, many arcades keep that in consideration and set their machines to 3 points.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 29 Dec 02:42]

Mokona
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 02:06post reply

MOW2 was 70% done! I hope they find the courage/determination to finish that, it'd be a crime not to release it!

Thanks for the news Professor!

Blah!

Evenor
266th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 02:41post reply

quote:

Q: Will there be a male version of Days of Memories (KOF cell phone dating sim)?

I can't wait to swoon Chang over with my charm.

萌え!

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1579th Post

"Re(2):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 03:49post reply

WOW. That was a really informative interview. TOO informative. I think they neglected to mention that each question was proceeded with a violent punch to the gut.

exodus
3185th Post

"Re(3):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 04:30post reply

quote:
WOW. That was a really informative interview. TOO informative. I think they neglected to mention that each question was proceeded with a violent punch to the gut.

I know...utterly bizarre!

Ishmael
2327th Post

"Re(2):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 05:39post reply

Thanks for the news Professor.

quote:
MOW2 was 70% done! I hope they find the courage/determination to finish that, it'd be a crime not to release it!

Is the staff that worked on the game still with SNKP? Was MotW1 not popular enough to justify continued work on the sequel? Did someone at SNKP actually think that working on KOF:Neowave was a better idea than finishing MotW2? Somebody punch some more answers out of Falcoon, pronto!

Pollyanna
1580th Post

"Re(3):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 05:57post reply

quote:
Somebody punch some more answers out of Falcoon, pronto!

This is a great day for famous quotes.
But...but...
Damn it! I made fun of Neowave, too, but after playing the PS2 version, I've changed my song. It's like 2002 only better in every way. Actually, it's the only KOF I'll play anymore. I wish they'd make a Neowave 2 with like, 12 more characters and (assuming they don't totally break the decent balance) it would be the "beat all" of the "old style" KOF games.

But still, regardless of how much I like Neowave, your point remains. I'm not a big MOTW fan, but I'll take a sequel, sure.

kofoguz
254th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 07:05post reply

quote:

Is the staff that worked on the game still with SNKP? Was MotW1 not popular enough to justify continued work on the sequel? Did someone at SNKP actually think that working on KOF:Neowave was a better idea than finishing MotW2? Somebody punch some more answers out of Falcoon, pronto!

I think they didnt have guts to make it. Maybe kof XI and ngbc will give them some couragement. By the way Im hoping for 2/3 classic or regular character redesign for this game. JUST hoping.... nothing more.

AARRRGHH %2 of card fighters? I was waiting for that game to buy a DS. I know im missing much but card fighters is the only game which is motivating me to buy one.

NBC 2? Yes, please.

BTW Thanks for the news Professor

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

exodus
3186th Post

"Re(4):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 07:16post reply

quote:

Damn it! I made fun of Neowave, too, but after playing the PS2 version, I've changed my song.

HAH!

...but I made fun of it too. DAMN.

Fuchikoma
1424th Post

"Re(5):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 13:06post reply

I remember old reports that MOTW 2 and Last Blade 3 had been shown behind closed doors and at private shows... it's weird why they won't finish the games. They were MVS games though... and considering the hardware is now extinct, it's unlikely we'll ever see the games in the form they were originally developed... but rather some Atomiswave 3d background deal with lots of transparency effects.

Shingo The One
670th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"NeoGeo/ Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 15:24post reply

quote:
Merry Xmas'!

Anyways, here's a few short Q&A's from someone who actually took the SNK Playmore Shuttle bus to attended the NewGeo New years bash in Tokyo... which didn't go as well as it was planned since the heavy snow forced the bus to take a U-turn back to Osaka. Falcoon and some of the staffs decided to take a Shinkansen/Bullet Train ride to Tokyo, while the fans were given a free viewing of all the KOF short anime episodes at SNK Headquarters.

Anyway, there was a Q & A session with Falcoon during the early period of the bus ride. Here goes a rough translation of the core questions.

URL of report is:
http://www.geocities.jp/mozkof2004/repo/kofbounen2005.html

Q: Is KOFXII in development?
A: It's just begun.

Q: Are [you] doing artworks for Card Figthers DS, and how far is the game in development?
A: [I'm] doing some. Development's at 2% (laughs)

Q: Are there plans to release a soundtrack for the [KOF's] short anime?
A: We didn't do the music. It's done by the person that did Gran Turismo, so we don't know.

Q: What about a sequel for Garou MOW?
A: It was about 70% done back in the old SNK, but whether it'll be released is undecided.

Q: Will NBC2 come out?
A: It's undecided. It will depend on NBC's sales for the PS2, so please buy it (laughs

Q: [I've] heard that Rock can't come out in KOF?
A: Terry is in his MOW costume, so we have plans to use him as well.

Q: Will Ash's flames be red in KOFXII? Will Iori still come out?
A: For Ash, it's undecided. Iori is undecided too, but he needs to come out since he's a popular character.

Q: [I've] heard that Rugal has a young brother, but will he ever come out?
A: He has a young brother. Whether he'll ever appear is undecided.

Q: Will characters from KOF Kyo ever be used again?
A: That's undecided.

Q: Will KOF98 be released as an online collection?
A: We have plans of releasing it like 94RE. We also have something in mind for 2002.

Hey Professor, how are you? I hope that you had a very happy Xmas and you're having a good time. Thank you so very much for the event info, I so was looking forward to that. So I see that KOFXI has gone so very well that The King Of Fighters XII has already begun, and I deduce that Rock Howard(I predicted he would be in XI) has been all but confirmed for the new KOF, that the "protagonist" of the Tales of Ash will be more powerful flames-wise, that SNK Playmore is more stronger and more busier than ever, and that Iori will be back, flames or not.
In fact, it would be total suicide to not feature, not even once, a icon such as him. To prove it, here's a personal comparison of mine to show just that:
Past Coming People - Akatsuki
Kusanagi Kyo - Uzumaki Naruto
Yagami Iori - UCHIHA SASUKE!!!
To sum it up, I compared the mysterious organization of the new KOF with the mysterious organization of Naruto, and then I compared its' two stars, and as you see, the similarity between the greatest 2D/3D fighting game series ever and the greatest manga/anime franchise EVER is striking, isn't it?
And now, the latest Japan PS2 game sale chart is already out(check out The Magic Box for the report), but there's satisfaction on my part: Naruto:Narutimate Hero 3(for me, THE Game of the Year) landed in No.4 with 216,966; this means the Narutimate Hero series has reached in the land of the rising sun the 1,000,000 mark.
Well, this year has gone very well for me, a whole lot better than recent times, and I hope that 2006 will offer good things and more. See ya.

LOVE AND PEACE. VIVA LA RAZA FOREVER!

Phoenix
864th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):NeoGeo/ Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 16:58:post reply

MOW2, CFC DS, 98RE, and 2K2RE...
I...I'm so happy.
It's like they're reading my mind.
I guess 70% means they already have an idea of what direction to take the MOTW story...WOW.
It's nice to see SNKP listening to the fans while being smart about money.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 29 Dec 17:08]

D`Cloud
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):NeoGeo/ Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 18:59post reply

how about a newer sprites for KOF? eh? nobody asked that?

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Iggy
7493th Post

"Re(6):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Thu 29 Dec 19:09post reply

quote:
They were MVS games though... and considering the hardware is now extinct, it's unlikely we'll ever see the games in the form they were originally developed... but rather some Atomiswave 3d background deal with lots of transparency effects.

Even if it would be great, since apparently the old "Rock will never appear in KOF" is not valid anymore, I'm afraid they want to completely merge MOTW into KOF...

Arngrim
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 00:00post reply

quote:

Wow! First official KOF yaoi game! WIN!

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

IkariDC
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 00:18post reply

quote:

Wow! First official KOF yaoi game! WIN!

Hold on your horses, pardner. If you controlled a boy in the original Days of Memories, in this one you will controll a girl. It's just the oposite, like in Tokimemo Girl's Side.

kofoguz
256th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 01:00post reply

quote:
Even if it would be great, since apparently the old "Rock will never appear in KOF" is not valid anymore, I'm afraid they want to completely merge MOTW into KOF...

My nightmare continues....

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Rid
6950th Post

"Re(3):NeoGeo/ Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 01:03post reply

quote:
how about a newer sprites for KOF? eh? nobody asked that?

HAH, yeah, sure, like they'll ever do that...

CHAZumaru
311th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 01:11post reply

quote:

Hold on your horses, pardner. If you controlled a boy in the original Days of Memories, in this one you will controll a girl. It's just the oposite, like in Tokimemo Girl's Side.

Hum, I had the feeling it never bothered gay geeks to play a girl in GS2.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

mugener
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 01:31post reply

If NGBC2 is deicded by the sale of NGBC,
just how many copies do they need to sell?

If there'll be an new card fighter, they should make SvC2 also.

IkariDC
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 01:53post reply

quote:

Of course not, but you can't call it "official yaoi game" because of that.

Iggy
7494th Post

"Re(4):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Fri 30 Dec 06:16post reply

quote:

Hey ! It was just for fun, I never...

OH SNAP

Hum.... yeah, whatever.

I'll soon stop posting on the board until my new appartment is given by the Lord the divine gifts of an internet connection, and telephone, and water, and a roof.
So, well, either way, for the few days I have left, I won't create a new random news thread.

Front Mission 5 bug and how to avoid it
Are these kind of bugs more frequent than they used to be, or is it just that the developers talk more freely about it ?

Also, more importantly : CALIBUR 3 arcade version being developed.
Well, everybody knew they would do one sooner or later, but still. Good, good.
The game was shown at a Namco Private show, and may be released next spring.

Arngrim
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 00:15post reply

quote:

Of course not, but you can't call it "official yaoi game" because of that.

I know, I know, I was just kidding, but anyway, I wouldn't be very surprised if you controled a man in DoM2, seeing the lasts advances is the KOF characters traits... ^^U

It's clear it will have a female main character, but, as said above, anybody can enjoy romantic dating with their favourite KOF guy disregard if they're men or female (even though, I don't think Ash does a good match with any woman, anyway).

...and I want Oswald, Chang, Choi and Bao in DoM2!!! (diversity FTW!!! xD)

Toxico
4121th Post

"Re(6):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 02:44post reply

quote:
Is the staff that worked on the game (Motw) still with SNKP? Was MotW1 not popular enough to justify continued work on the sequel? Did someone at SNKP actually think that working on KOF:Neowave was a better idea than finishing MotW2? Somebody punch some more answers out of Falcoon, pronto!

Wasn't Neowave developed by noise factory at request of Sammy? SNK didn't have much to do with it.
And yes, the Motw/LB/FF/AoF staff mostly fleed the company when they had their first economic shake up... the statement doesn't hint the creation of a 'new team' to handle the game... That makes me a sad monkey.

See??? He is a God...

Maese Spt
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 03:16post reply

This thread totally delivers, and I feel obligated to make some statements:

1-) There seems to be a (slight) chance to see one day a Garou MotW 2, and that would rock my world, but, but... ZOMG ZOMG LAST BLADE 3 ZOMG!!!!1!11!!one! Only knowing that ye olde SNK was brewing a Last Blade 3 is enough to make my day. Surely it will never see the daylight, but even so...

2-) I´ve considered KOF as a yaoi game since circa 1996, so I can´t see why the commotion about that future "Tokimeki GS"-style dating sim. It´s just a natural evolution in the series.

3-) I love Soul Edge/Calibur and all, but I see a bit pointless to release an arcade version of SC3 in 2006 when the game has been avaiable for the domestic market since october´05... Is really japanese arcade scene so important anymore?

That´s all, folks.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Toxico
4122th Post

"Re(8):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 03:30post reply

quote:
3-) I love Soul Edge/Calibur and all, but I see a bit pointless to release an arcade version of SC3 in 2006 when the game has been avaiable for the domestic market since october´05... Is really japanese arcade scene so important anymore?

I heard that Soul Calibur 3 had more bugs than a jungle in Iggy's wet dreams, so if they release an arcade version with more care on balance and in testing the game will be a sure hit, the people who own it already will have to play the possible superior arcade version, if they are truly fans of it.

See??? He is a God...

kofoguz
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 08:28post reply

quote:

Wow, wow, wow hold on a second why the hell is Oswald in that list?

If you mean Chin now that would be a true comment.
Oswald is cool.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Arngrim
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 09:43post reply

quote:

Wow, wow, wow hold on a second why the hell is Oswald in that list?

If you mean Chin now that would be a true comment.
Oswald is cool.

Yes, I agree Oswald (as well as Elisabeth) rocks. That's why I was talking about diversity in there.

Actually, it would be nice to see him in that kind of dating sim. Sadly, it would probably just feature some of the main "hot" guys under various clichés (as they did with the girls).

...will we see meganneko Benimaru with his hair down to rivalize with B.Jennet? ...only time will tell...

pointman_4000
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 17:07post reply

I find it funny that SNK won't come out. Considering Iori, Kyo, K', Ash, I'm sure we all know already.

[-OO]----///////////////////

kofoguz
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 19:12post reply

quote:
Yes, I agree Oswald (as well as Elisabeth) rocks. That's why I was talking about diversity in there.

Actually, it would be nice to see him in that kind of dating sim. Sadly, it would probably just feature some of the main "hot" guys under various clichés (as they did with the girls).

...will we see meganneko Benimaru with his hair down to rivalize with B.Jennet? ...only time will tell...

I got your point.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

NARUTO
3343th Post

"Re(9):NeoGeo Ver. / Christmas random news" , posted Sat 31 Dec 22:06post reply

quote:
I heard that Soul Calibur 3 had more bugs than a jungle in Iggy's wet dreams, so if they release an arcade version with more care on balance and in testing the game will be a sure hit, the people who own it already will have to play the possible superior arcade version, if they are truly fans of it.

Full of bugs, yes I confirm this... And it seems that "Balanced characters" is a concept who doesn't exist un Namco's SC developement team....

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...