RE4 Help - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1978 Views )

Makondo99
298th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"RE4 Help" , posted Mon 12 Dec 19:01post reply

Hi,
Does anyone know where could I download the video of the early version of RE4? The one where Leon seemed ill and was walking down a corridor. I was discussing with a friend how different was the game at that stage of development, but he hasn't seen the video yet, so I figured out maybe one of you could help...

Also, I'm having a hard time trying to beat the last boss of "Separate Ways" (PS2 version, I have no idea if this extra was in the GC). Not only he hits poor Ada HARD but apparently my attacks have no effect. I've pumped him with almost all my ammo (arrows, bullets, grenades, etc) but he just doesn't die or slow down and ends up piercing Ada's body. Any tips?

Replies:

NARUTO
3334th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):RE4 Help" , posted Mon 12 Dec 19:26post reply

Try IGN I think they should have it...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

kofoguz
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):RE4 Help" , posted Mon 12 Dec 22:53post reply

Yay a RE4 thread. Ok I never actually play resident evil (no reason -actually I have fun while watching my brothers playing the game but never give it a try myself.-) till I got RE4.I play it and I finished it for the first time.

Im noob in this game. So I wonder if I did well. I finished it in 32:20.-- . Is this a good time score?
........Cant wait to play RE5.

(I know Im late to the party)

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Time Mage
2286th Post

"Re(3):RE4 Help" , posted Mon 12 Dec 22:59post reply

quote:
Im noob in this game. So I wonder if I did well. I finished it in 32:20.-- . Is this a good time score?
........Cant wait to play RE5.

Considering that i'm a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow player and I finished it in around 20 hours, that's not a good time but... Who gives a damn? I hate hasting through the game, anyway.

kofoguz
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):RE4 Help" , posted Mon 12 Dec 23:37post reply

quote:
Considering that i'm a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow player and I finished it in around 20 hours, that's not a good time but... Who gives a damn? I hate hasting through the game, anyway.

Damn I knew it. I shouldnt hide all the time. I guess I played it as a stealth game. Cause at the very first of the game that Dr. smthng ( dr. baghead with chainsaw) run after me. Cornered me and when I try to run next to him and boom. He cut off my head. I thought that he would only give some damage when I try to run. That was horrible, HORRIBLE. It happened about 3..a.m. and I thought to myself, "Oğuz take it slow, take it slow.You'll play it later when you feel relaxed." Then I went play some samurai spirits to relax. That must be why I am trying to kill enemies with Rifle and Mine thrower.

Anyway about the bosses. Only Salazar and Krauser give me hard time. It took so long to find out where the main point of Slazar was.Before Krauser transform himself, he give me a little piece of nightmare. Saddler was a small-time as leon said.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Variable Savior
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):RE4 Help" , posted Tue 13 Dec 08:13post reply

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but there's a couple video clips of the earlier version on Gamestop.

Blood marks heaven's path

exodus
3153th Post

"Re(6):RE4 Help" , posted Tue 13 Dec 08:33post reply

I finished in 13:00 but I did it with no deaths, which meant lots of resets. so really it took me months. 2nd time through was faster, of course, under 10 hours.

kofoguz
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):RE4 Help" , posted Tue 13 Dec 12:55post reply

quote:
I finished in 13:00 but I did it with no deaths, which meant lots of resets. so really it took me months. 2nd time through was faster, of course, under 10 hours.

Well, finishing it good gives any extras or unlockables? Or finishing it enough?

BTW eventhough it was my first time in RE series, I am not that stranger to the genre. Parasite Eve 2 was one hell of a good game I played. I wonder why Square(?) didnt make a sequel. Here a quick question.
Did Aya show up any other game after PE2?

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Variable Savior
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):RE4 Help" , posted Tue 13 Dec 21:27post reply

quote:

Well, finishing it good gives any extras or unlockables? Or finishing it enough?

I finished without dying and got nothing that I wouldn't have gotten anyway. All and all it probably wasn't worth the extra aggravation.

Blood marks heaven's path

Makondo99
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):RE4 Help" , posted Tue 13 Dec 23:59post reply

quote:
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but there's a couple video clips of the earlier version on Gamestop.

Yep. That's exactly was I was looking for. Thanks a lot Variable Savior!

So people, tell me how you managed to kill that boss with Ada... Any input it's welcome

exodus
3158th Post

"Re(8):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 02:51post reply

quote:

no, it's goddamn pointless.

Baines
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 03:39post reply

Having played on the Gamecube verison, I don't remember Ada facing anything that Leon didn't face in his own island excursion.

Of what she did face, only two spots really offered potential trouble... The start was vicious due to her lack of weapons. The fight with Krauser could have been vicious as she doesn't have a knife, except you'd have around 200+ rounds of excess TMP ammo plus extras, so you just gun him down whenever he isn't blocking.

So you are in the new PS2 section of the game, I guess?

exodus
3160th Post

"Re(8):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 04:29post reply

quote:

So you are in the new PS2 section of the game, I guess?

yeah, there are 5 ada missions in the ps2 version...which is why I might get it >_<

Gojira
1899th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(9):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 07:30:post reply

Is the Seperate Ways boss a new character? Or just someone already in the game? I downloaded and watched all the cutscenes from it and didn't see anyone new. If it's just an existing boss I might be able to help, unless they specifically changed it for the new mode.

On a side note, I've been playing through the main game of the GC versions with Mercenaries characters using an Action Replay and it works surprisingly well. There's like one spot at the end of disc 1 where you have to switch back to Leon but the entire rest of the game works fine if you skip radio scenes and only use their default weapons.

Since I can do that, I have to wonder if Seperate Ways would have any appeal, apart from having an in-game version of Ada's cutscene attire.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 14 Dec 07:32]

Baines
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 07:31post reply

quote:
yeah, there are 5 ada missions in the ps2 version...which is why I might get it >_<

Not me, I don't want to support Capcom's shabby treatment of the Gamecube by buying the PS2 version of a game I already own on the GC.

(Capcom announcing the PS2 version a year in advance in order to get the news out before the GC version shipped was just one of the strikes.)

Just like I wouldn't want to buy PS2 Viewtiful Joe just to play the added Dante. And wouldn't want to buy the PSP Red Hot Rumble for the added Dante, even if I had a PSP or even much liked Red Hot Rumble... (A definite "Meh" game that could have been a ton better if they'd had a gamer or two sit in for even an hour on the design meetings.)

exodus
3161th Post

"Re(10):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 07:47post reply

quote:

Not me, I don't want to support Capcom's shabby treatment of the Gamecube by buying the PS2 version of a game I already own on the GC.

Shabby treatment?? Hardly. It was GC exclusive for almost 8 months. And I mean...Capcom has to keep going as a company, they can't just have hardware loyalty. They're one of the ONLY third party companies to put games out on the GC first, or to make exclusive games for the GC period! They're basically the only third party that didn't treat the GC badly. Normally I don't respond to things like this, but I couldn't really let that one slide.

Makondo99
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Final Boss" , posted Wed 14 Dec 09:05post reply

quote:
Is the Seperate Ways boss a new character? Or just someone already in the game? I downloaded and watched all the cutscenes from it and didn't see anyone new. If it's just an existing boss I might be able to help, unless they specifically changed it for the new mode.

The boss is Saddler, you fight him in the room where Ashley was inside a tube, Ada saves Leon and the girl and then (in Leon's story mode) they get their parasites removed.

In Ada's side story, you're in this room facing a human Saddler. His main attacks are:

*Saddler's tentacle of death: he trows a tentacle out of his robe at high speed at you. You can avoid it by moving fast/pressing the right actions buttons

*Saddler's mean machine: If you fire at him a lot of bullets with the TMPC, he will stop, a cutscene will play, and he'll fire the bullets back at you from his fingers.

*Saddler's OUGI: Classic Rugal's DM. He'll charge at you at HIGH speed, grab you and then smash you on the floor. Lots of damage.

*Saddler's grab: Sometimes the tentacle will grab you, you'll have to press an action button a lot (think of El Gigante's grab) to free yourself. If your energy runs out you're dead in a nasty way.

So, yeah, he's quite different than Leon's Saddler. So I guess you can't use the same tactics...

Baines
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 15:11post reply

quote:
Shabby treatment?? Hardly. It was GC exclusive for almost 8 months. And I mean...Capcom has to keep going as a company, they can't just have hardware loyalty. They're one of the ONLY third party companies to put games out on the GC first, or to make exclusive games for the GC period! They're basically the only third party that didn't treat the GC badly. Normally I don't respond to things like this, but I couldn't really let that one slide.

The only one at Capcom supporting the Gamecube was Mikami, who had his own grudge against Sony. Production Studio 4? Mikami. Resident Evil Remake, 0, and 4? Mikami. Mikami wanted to work on the Gamecube and Capcom wanted Mikami to do more RE games, so Capcom did some Gamecube games. (While taking shots at the system, no less.)

8 month exclusive? It was one of the few games that was supposed to be a legit exclusive for this system generation. Capcom reiterated that detail when questioned about the possibility of other Production Studio 4 games going to other platforms.

Then when the game was finished, and *before* it was released, Capcom announced the PS2 version. Without that announcement, or if Capcom had waited a few months to announce it, RE4 probably would have moved more Gamecubes. Heck, Capcom would have probably have made more money, as they'd sell more GC copies and still get plenty of resells and new sales for a later enhanced PS2 version.

Without Mikami (a man who supposedly once claimed he would quit Capcom the day that RE4 was released on the PS2,) I don't see any particular drive from Capcom to support the Gamecube.

Undead Fred
2586th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 17:38post reply

quote:
8 month exclusive? It was one of the few games that was supposed to be a legit exclusive for this system generation. Capcom reiterated that detail when questioned about the possibility of other Production Studio 4 games going to other platforms.

Then when the game was finished, and *before* it was released, Capcom announced the PS2 version. Without that announcement, or if Capcom had waited a few months to announce it, RE4 probably would have moved more Gamecubes. Heck, Capcom would have probably have made more money, as they'd sell more GC copies and still get plenty of resells and new sales for a later enhanced PS2 version.

Actually, I had heard their RE4 sales were terrible since it was a GameCube exclusive, so they said, "...................okay, it's on PS2 as well now." I could have heard wrong, but I don't know. Sounds reasonable enough, and since they were cutting out a lot of the market by going for GC-only for several RE games (I'm pretty sure GC was the smallest console base for the game? I was pretty sure PS2 had the most units sold?), I thought it wasn't a bad idea to finally broaden their audience by putting RE4 out on the PS2 as well.

Anyway, all of this talk about RE4 makes me want to play again and stomp some Ganados with HUNK.

Time Mage
2287th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):RE4 Help" , posted Wed 14 Dec 19:25post reply

Well, what I thought was a low hit (as well as a poor decision in a pure business point of view) was, as Baines said, announcing the PS2 version before releasing the GC one. If they had waited, say, just one month after the GC version, they would have sold more GC copies, wouldn't have pissed that much the die-hard nintendo fanboys, and would have sold probably as many copies of the PS2 version as they have sold, raising their overall benefit and not hurting their prestige (remember, they assured RE4 was going to be exclusive for Nintendo, at least in this genertion of consoles) that much.

Anyway, I don't care tht much about the conversion, and I have to congratulate the programmers of the PS2 version, because, although inferior to the GC version, it looks incredibly well, better than what I could have expected.

Makondo99
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Done" , posted Thu 29 Dec 02:49post reply

Well, I was able to defeat it at last. I had to risk my neck with VERY close shots with the arrows, but it finally died.

It's wise to save some shotgun ammo. It makes the next stage a lot easier.

exodus
3187th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):RE4 Help" , posted Thu 29 Dec 08:49post reply

yeah, I guess it wasn't the best decision for them. but I hardly think they screwed over the gamecube. I mean...it's not their responsibility to sell gamecubes, is it? And you can't really deny that they're the only third party that really supports the GC in a serious way.