Xbox 360 line in Japan - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4160 Views )

Professor
2261th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 04:35post reply

It's a Friday night, I decide to take it easy with a few drinks, I notice it's 30 minutes before midnight and I'm near the Yodobashi Camera where there was a huge line last year for the PSP, so I decide to check out how the Xbox 360 is doing.

By God, can this be?

Oh, picture 2 is the Yodobashi. 1 and 3's another shop called Sofmap. Technically, there's a guy at the Sofmap. But he's a bum.

Replies:

Radish
3116th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 04:48post reply

quote:
It's a Friday night, I decide to take it easy with a few drinks, I notice it's 30 minutes before midnight and I'm near the Yodobashi Camera where there was a huge line last year for the PSP, so I decide to check out how the Xbox 360 is doing.

By God, can this be?

Oh, picture 2 is the Yodobashi. 1 and 3's another shop called Sofmap. Technically, there's a guy at the Sofmap. But he's a bum.

Ouch.

I heard that people in Japan are more excited about the 360 than the Revolution. Is this just because the Revolution is a year away, Nintendo is really dropping the ball or was that factoid totally false to begin with?

exodus
3145th Post

"Re(1):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 05:33post reply

quote:

da's cause the launch is in shibuya! SHIBUYA!

but yeah, there should be people there.

KTallguy
777th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 06:40post reply

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77389

Here's more pictures of the lack of interest...

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Burning Ranger
1344th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 09:08post reply

quote:

By God, can this be?

Geez, this was to be expected. Then again, Japan won't matter when it comes to the X360's overall success. It's going to sell a lot in the US (and probably Europe and Central/South America). After all, it's not like the old Xbox was a distant second in the US. It sold enough to warrant a successor-that has to say something.

On the other hand, the 360 might still take off there, given the big names that are working on projects there.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Freeter
4325th Post

"Re(2):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 09:52post reply

They're all waiting for DOAX 2...

Professor
2262th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 12:32post reply

But wait, it grew!

According to Impress gamewatch, 26 people were lined up 30 minutes before launch.

catalyst
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 12:59post reply

quote:
But wait, it grew!

According to Impress gamewatch, 26 people were lined up 30 minutes before launch.

Not sure really what to say of this but man, theres gotta be atleast one place that has lots and lots of customers for xbox 360. Not to say that I actually like or support of the system but it just seems akward.

Oh and hello Professor nice meeting you.

Undead Fred
2581th Post

"Re(3):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 15:25:post reply

quote:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77389

Here's more pictures of the lack of interest...

I'll only go off-topic for a sec, so I'm sorry- TallGuy, I just noticed you had an Aphex Twin avatar. Very nice, very nice... I've only got Come to Daddy right now, but I like his stuff. I've been looking to get Druqxs for a while now... is that one any good?

But anyway, back on topic. Yeah, I'm not too surprised that people don't care about the 360 in Japan. I was under the impression they really didn't care about the XBox, so why would they be any more hyped about the 360? Just because it's out earlier and they'll have Halo 2.5 and Madden God-Knows-What a year before the PS3 is out? I'd be happy if the 360 falls harder and flatter than the XBox, just because it was wasteful for them to rush the new generation out the door when the XBox has PLENTY of power they haven't even tapped yet. I mean, look at the PS2. Its hardware has been out of date for a while now and they can STILL squeeze out some really nice-looking games on it.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Sat 10 Dec 15:26]

KTallguy
778th Post

"Re(4):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 15:52post reply

quote:
I'll only go off-topic for a sec, so I'm sorry- TallGuy, I just noticed you had an Aphex Twin avatar. Very nice, very nice... I've only got Come to Daddy right now, but I like his stuff. I've been looking to get Druqxs for a while now... is that one any good?

Thanks for noticing! I have Druqxs. The one thing I can say about Aphex Twin's stuff is that there is a definite change depending on the album. Drukqs is very dark and moody, with some short piano and organ pieces, some that kind of sound like an asian themed instrument. Not too sure what it is, but it's definitely interesting. =)

If you're really interested I could e-mail you an mp3 or two from my gmail account. It's just my mmcafe username @ gmail. His older stuff is really good too.
quote:

But anyway, back on topic. Yeah, I'm not too surprised that people don't care about the 360 in Japan. I was under the impression they really didn't care about the XBox, so why would they be any more hyped about the 360?

The only people I knew who had X-boxes while I was in Japan were... oh wow... I didn't know anybody at all! =) Actually I met one guy who had an X-box and was playing Halo 2, but that guy was a pretty hardcore gamer, even more hardcore than most.

One thing I noticed when I visited an import shop in Japan for American games, was that the whole place had this whole 'american feel' from the moment I walked through the door. The cashiers all looked like they could speak English, and I'm assuming the customers are pretty hardcore America fans. It's kind of like some of us being Japan fans right? Of course, the vast majority of people in the US watching anime, reading manga and playing Japanesy games can't speak Japanese. Hell, some people even import the latest Final Fantasy when they can't understand what the hell is going on in the game because of lack of Japanese knowledge.

Sorry, kind of drifted off on a tangent a little bit. To sum it up, those people who like American games in Japan are kind of like those American 'otakus' who are into anything Japanese. However, from my limited experience, I'd say that Japanese people that are into America are usually not into games. They are more into American movies, music, fashion, because those are the main avenues to the exportation of American culture to different countries.

Also, you take into account that many of the types of games that the Japanese 'hardcore' segment likes the most (RPGs, Fighting Games, Music Games, Sports games [not madden]) are all well covered by Japanese publishers, and the vast majority of those key, high volume titles have been PS2 exclusives.

So as a result, you have a console that on launch doesn't have one RPG, or one fighting game to offer, and there's no Winning Eleven or "Let's make a Pro-Baseball Team" system seller game out there either.

What does Microsoft expect? That opening a big 'fashionable' hall in Tokyo will get hardcore otaku to buy their games? I think they're having a bit of a market identity crisis. Their system is trying to be hip and cool. They are giving systems to Madonna and Paris Hilton, who just chuck them. It's like they're posing, trying to be someone that they aren't and it's just so painfully obvious.

In America, people will buy an X-Box 360 to play Madden.

In Japan, people will horde PS3 when it comes out to get their hands on Winning Eleven and Dragon Quest.

Anyway, I'm rambling too much, but you get the idea...

"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

crazymike
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 17:29post reply

quote:
However, from my limited experience, I'd say that Japanese people that are into America are usually not into games. They are more into American movies, music, fashion, because those are the main avenues to the exportation of American culture to different countries.

Funny. My mom told me when she was on a plane trip to Florida a few years back, she was seated to a 20s something Japanese man. She got to talking to him and he was so excited to visit America. When she told him my son wants to go to Japan someday, he just gave her a blank stare and then a chuckle and said "...why?"

KTallguy
779th Post

"Re(6):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sat 10 Dec 19:25post reply

quote:
When she told him my son wants to go to Japan someday, he just gave her a blank stare and then a chuckle and said "...why?"

Sounds about right =)

"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

beto
905th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Xbox 360 Sold Out in Japan" , posted Sun 11 Dec 04:31post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/ridgeracer6/news_6141063.html

quote:
From a purely retail perspective, the event was a resounding success. Half an hour after the launch began, all the Xbox 360 consoles at Shibuya Tsutaya were sold out. There wasn't even a unit left for Moore and Maruyama to pose with for press photographs.

Capcom's second XBox 360-exclusive game (after Dead Rising):

http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/trailer.html

Burning Ranger
1345th Post

"Re(1):Xbox 360 Sold Out in Japan" , posted Sun 11 Dec 07:34post reply

quote:

Capcom's second XBox 360-exclusive game (after Dead Rising):

http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/trailer.html

That's a nice *dark* game. I want to play it.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Shooo-rook
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Xbox 360 line in Japan" , posted Sun 11 Dec 07:50post reply

quote:
Thanks for noticing! I have Druqxs. The one thing I can say about Aphex Twin's stuff is that there is a definite change depending on the album. Drukqs is very dark and moody, with some short piano and organ pieces, some that kind of sound like an asian themed instrument. Not too sure what it is, but it's definitely interesting. =)

Off topic but... The video for windowlicker... IS AMAZING!!! It is probably the most hilarious music video I have ever seen in my life... A good 10 minutes of video, while the song is about 5 or 6 minutes, but that is because two "intellectuals" have dialogue in the beginning with two black whores... ITS AMAZING!!!

quote:
So as a result, you have a console that on launch doesn't have one RPG, or one fighting game to offer, and there's no Winning Eleven or "Let's make a Pro-Baseball Team" system seller game out there either.

What does Microsoft expect? That opening a big 'fashionable' hall in Tokyo will get hardcore otaku to buy their games? I think they're having a bit of a market identity crisis.

That is right, I do not know who is running the show at Japan, but that's pretty stupid. But then again, Xbox does not have any RPG series that has been around for a while thanks to Xbox's infancy in the gaming market... When did the Ps1 come out? mid to late 90's??? and before that the FF series was on SNES wasn't it??? Nintendo and Sony have the characters and series that Xbox so desperately needs

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

beto
906th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Sun 11 Dec 22:30post reply

http://www.1minaduki.com/bbs/bbs-game/wforum.cgi?no=1070&reno=1008&oya=1008&mode=msgview&page=0

Zepy
1160th Post

"Re(1):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 00:23post reply

quote:
http://www.1minaduki.com/bbs/bbs-game/wforum.cgi?no=1070&reno=1008&oya=1008&mode=msgview&page=0

In that same thread are reports from others that they couldn't sell a single unit or sold very little.

【速報】 XBOX360、ソフマップでついに一台売れる 【第2報】
The "sofmap has finally sold one xbox 360" thread

crazymike
1194th Post

"Re(2):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 05:42post reply

Just for history's sake I looked up the launch title list for Playstation 2

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/080/080046p1.html

Wasn't too spectacular either.

Rid
6924th Post

"Re(3):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 06:19post reply

quote:
Just for history's sake I looked up the launch title list for Playstation 2

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/080/080046p1.html

Wasn't too spectacular either.

But it was FULLY compatible to a succesful system that preceeded it, that also was japanese market-oriented. The 360 retro compatibility with japanese games is horrible and buggy.

Maou
735th Post

"Re(4):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 08:00post reply

quote:
The 360 retro compatibility with japanese games is horrible and buggy.

More importantly, if you're Japanese, there never really were many reasons to have an original Xbox anyway besides Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon. And I guess DOA, but that's, er, a special subset. It's pretty funny that Microsoft's finances permit it to keep launching systems in regions they're unfit for.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

gorgeous
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 12:16post reply

quote:
More importantly, if you're Japanese, there never really were many reasons to have an original Xbox anyway besides Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon.

Are you kidding? Japanese people don't play that shit.

Anyway, yeah, the real launch was in Shibuya. Anyone who really wanted one was there. They sold about 200-something of them. People lined up down the block. Though yeah, still really weak.

I think I saw Stabo there.

Maou
737th Post

"Re(6):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 15:13post reply

Hmm hmm, my mistake, I was thinking Sega was still a popular company whose clever games were widely liked. Obviously, it's not like Panzer or Jet Set were going to sell the Xbox, but they are compelling reasons to get an otherwise uninteresting system dominated by American sports and shooting games.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

makatiel
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 16:02post reply

quote:
More importantly, if you're Japanese, there never really were many reasons to have an original Xbox anyway besides Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon.

Are you kidding? Japanese people don't play that shit.

Anyway, yeah, the real launch was in Shibuya. Anyone who really wanted one was there. They sold about 200-something of them. People lined up down the block. Though yeah, still really weak.

I think I saw Stabo there.

went to akiba on sunday to check out the launch. didnt seem to be doing too well for the day after launch but still very prominent in almost every store i visited. lots of stock left though, so that's bad. hopefully that will change once we see a jpn release for doa4 and ninety nine nights.

already saw some used games at trader. you have a be a pretty strange guy to sell back a game the day after you buy it. chinami ni, trader's prices are horrible now. what the hell happened? they used to have such good prices for used games - now they are so overpriced.

man, i sure hope this does not become a repeat of xbox 1 here in japan.

gorgeous
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 17:38post reply

quote:
Hmm hmm, my mistake, I was thinking Sega was still a popular company whose clever games were widely liked.

Well, you must not have played Shadow the Hedgehog!

I'm joking. Ryu ga gotoku is amazing, however.

As for the Xbox 360 selling: it'll happen eventually. I mean, once Blue Dragon comes out. Everyone's all hyped about that Lost Odyssey game. Once that comes out I'm sure the Japanese people will go appropriately nuts over it. I mean, it's apparently the "NEW" Final Fantasy, from an older, wiser (?), edgier, grayer, more-mustached Hironobu Sakaguchi.

Ammadeau
1472th Post

"Re(7):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Mon 12 Dec 21:19post reply

quote:
Hmm hmm, my mistake, I was thinking Sega was still a popular company whose clever games were widely liked. Obviously, it's not like Panzer or Jet Set were going to sell the Xbox, but they are compelling reasons to get an otherwise uninteresting system dominated by American sports and shooting games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sega has never been widely liked in Japan. Sonic and Virtua Fighter are the only things that sell decently there, and still nowhere near the levels of Capcom or Square-Enix.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Ultima
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Tue 13 Dec 05:23post reply

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sega has never been widely liked in Japan. Sonic and Virtua Fighter are the only things that sell decently there, and still nowhere near the levels of Capcom or Square-Enix.

Well, *no-one* sells like Square-Enix, excepto maybe for Nintendo (and even then, it's really just POkemon now). But yeah: Japan really doesn't like Sega except for Virtua Fighter and their arcade games. They never really gave a shit about Sonic, either.

And I'll bet money that 360 IS going to be a repat of Xbox, regardless of what Hironobu's involvement. If it doesn't say "Final Fantasy" or "Dragon Quest" on the box, the Jpn aren't going to care no matter the quality of the product.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

exodus
3152th Post

"Re(9):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Tue 13 Dec 05:38post reply

quote:
If it doesn't say "Final Fantasy" or "Dragon Quest" on the box, the Jpn aren't going to care no matter the quality of the product.

I don't think I believe that at all.

aderack
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):More Sold Out Reports in Japan" , posted Tue 13 Dec 13:03:post reply

quote:
But it was FULLY compatible to a succesful system that preceeded it, that also was japanese market-oriented. The 360 retro compatibility with japanese games is horrible and buggy.

Plus the DVD thing. Remember what a big deal that was at the time.

And, frankly, it's got Sony's name on it.

As to why that's a plus to anyone, you've got me. Seems to be self-perpetuating.

[this message was edited by aderack on Tue 13 Dec 13:04]

Professor
2264th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 17:49post reply

Famitsu's reporting first stats on the Xbox 360's sales.

Xbox 360 (stats from first 2 days):
System launched on 12/10/2005 (Sat)
Number of consoles sold: 62,135
Game to console ratio: 0.91

Now, here's a look at the original Xbox's sales for a quick comparison.

Original Xbox (stats from first 3 days):
System launched on 2/22/2002 (Fri)
Number of consoles sold: 123,929
Game to console ratio: 1.45

eh-oh... . even though there's a day of difference, the sales of Xbox 360 is kind of... Half?

So the question: Would DOA4 have raised sales of Xbox 360 up to par with Xbox?

gorgeous
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 18:04post reply

quote:

I hope not.

What a pedestrian game.

As for Japanese people not buying anything that doesn't have "Final Fantasy" or "Dragon Quest" on the box -- remember this simple rule:

Before Dragon Quest was popular, it wasn't anything at all.

Right now Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey aren't anything at all; their chances to turn into Dragon Quest aren't yet dead.

You just need to BELIEVE!!

Gojira
1897th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 19:28post reply

quote:

eh-oh... . even though there's a day of difference, the sales of Xbox 360 is kind of... Half?

I don't think there's much doubt that DoA4 can outsell Perfect Dark, Project Gotham and Tetris MXXVIII no matter how silly it is. Especially seeing as DoA3 sold way over the second-ranked X-box launch title (what was it, 4x? 10x? Some ridiculous number).

NARUTO
3336th Post

"Re(1):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 19:59post reply

quote:

did this lack of interest for the 360 from the japanese players, wont turn into a lack of interest for the game makers??

I mean if nobody wants it why would they spend some time on it?...

And sinec the 360 sell oly a half, I think that M$oft can call it the xbox 180....(ok lame joke...)

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Professor
2265th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 20:07post reply

quote:

did this lack of interest for the 360 from the japanese players, wont turn into a lack of interest for the game makers??

I mean if nobody wants it why would they spend some time on it?...

And sinec the 360 sell oly a half, I think that M$oft can call it the xbox 180....(ok lame joke...)

I think it's just off to a slow start, especially with no games. My guess is that the console will eventually pick up and sell way more than the current Xbox, especially after the big titles come out. But not as many as the Dreamcast.

Zepy
1162th Post

"Re(3):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 20:19post reply

quote:
after the big titles come out.

I saw that as "after the big titties come out". I agreed.

sabo10
1265th Post

"Re(4):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 23:38post reply

Way too much candle slurping going on in this thread.

iggy
7469th Post

"Re(1):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Tue 13 Dec 23:43post reply

quote:
Famitsu's reporting first stats on the Xbox 360's sales.

Xbox 360 (stats from first 2 days):
System launched on 12/10/2005 (Sat)
Number of consoles sold: 62,135
Game to console ratio: 0.91

And according to this Fabinou powered Bloomberg link, the console sold less than 1/3 of the stock in two days, 41817 consoles.

I don't know which one is righterest, but one thing is sure : when the information is not controled by Microsoft, the "sold out" doesn't have the same meaning.

Ultima
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 00:24post reply

> As for Japanese people not buying anything that doesn't have "Final Fantasy" or "Dragon Quest" on the box -- remember this simple rule: Before Dragon Quest was popular, it wasn't anything at all.

What? As in, it didn't exist? Fair enough. What's your point?

> Right now Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey aren't anything at all; their chances to turn into Dragon Quest aren't yet dead.

Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Brand loyalty is probably the strongest selling point of DQ and FF. WHat I'm saying is that, just because Hironobu is involved, it doesn't mean that the Jpn are *going* to care. They *mght* end up caring, but it won't be *because* Hironobu, the "father of Final Fantasy" will be involved.

And if even if they do end up caring, the likelyhood of them caring in sufficient numbers that it will end up making a noticeable dent in Sony's likely market dominance in Japan is slim to none. If MS wants to sell numbers like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest in Japan, then they need Final Fantasy (a real one, XI doesn't count) and Dragon Quest. Until that time, I expect to see MS relgated to a distance 3rd in Japan, just like in this generation. Dunno about the US and Europe. Sony's still likely to be market leader, but if they fuck up the online front as badly as they seem they might, their market share will be drastically cut into.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

crazymike
1195th Post

"Re(3):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 00:47post reply

What I hate is people whining about the littlest things to dislike the system.

Bash the launch titles yeah, even bash Microsoft and Gates for what they represent but the biggest complains i've seen so far are:

1. It consumes 150 watts of power OMG

Well the average computer user is using between 200-300 watts, sometimes more. Anyone expect the PS3 to be any different?

2. Its not HD-DVD OMG!

Lets face the facts. As much as Sony and MS want to push HD, the day when the average consumer will have an HDTV in his house (especially the US) is still years away. By the time that happens, it will be time for a new game system to roll out.

And people whining that the DVD is not enough space to hold games...remember, very few games for Xbox 1 or PS2 ever went beyond DVD-5. Only the crown jewel Final Fantasy X used a dual layer disc, and that was used for cinemas.

There is plenty of space of data that a game requires, however devs are whiny because they want pre-rendered cinemas which are overdone anyway

3. It scratches discs, OMG!

Only if you tilt the system sideways while in the middle of playing. And seriously, who ever does that to begin with? I don't do it to my DVD player so why would I with a game system?

End of rant.

Olivier Hague
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 00:51post reply

quote:
Only the crown jewel Final Fantasy X used a dual layer disc

That's not true.

Moo
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 01:48post reply

quote:
That's not true.

God of War, Gran Turismo 4 come to mind.

Olivier Hague
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 01:50post reply

And "Final Fantasy X" doesn't.

exodus
3157th Post

"Re(4):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 02:25post reply

quote:
after the big titles come out.
I saw that as "after the big titties come out". I agreed.

humorously, in the short term those are almost the same.

Ishmael
2318th Post

"Re(5):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 05:43post reply

What was the selling point MS used to sell the Xbox 360 in Japan? Name recognition? Honestly I'm not sure what was used in the US outide of constant news stories declaring that it was coming out but whatever it was it seems to have worked since people who could find the system bought it.

KaiketsuZubat
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Wed 14 Dec 05:56post reply

quote:
That's not true.

God of War, Gran Turismo 4 come to mind.

Don't forget the remake of Sakura Taisen, Xenosaga, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance... there's a few others.

"Waga shougai ni ippen no kuinashi!"

pointman 4000
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Thu 15 Dec 23:16post reply

Silly Microsoft. This is what happens when you don't launch with a game the Japanese would actually like.

If I were running the company there, I'd put ecchi dating sims up for download on Xbox Live.

[OOO]----///////////////////

Zepy
1164th Post

"Re(8):Xbox 360 only sells half of Xbox" , posted Fri 16 Dec 01:17post reply

Microsoft releasing HD-DVD compatible version of the 360 next year

Microsoft denies

In any case, this piece of news sounds like it's enough to kill the half-dead 360 launch.