Digital Devil Saga 2? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1824 Views )

Shooo-rook
0th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 04:40post reply

I am new to "good" RPGs and thanks to Evenor, I have started to play Nocturne of the Megaten series!!! (How wonderful) I want to play Digital Devil Saga after I beat Nocturne. Any thoughts of DDS 2? or on the Megaten series in general... I have heard that Digital Devil Saga does not have as good as a story line as Nocturne...

P.S. I am new to Madman Cafe and I feel privileged to be around such informed people

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

Replies:

Pollyanna
1532th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 05:24post reply

I don't know who is the "resident" SMT fan, but I'm among the candidates at least.

DDS is not as good as SMT3. Period. The system is not as good, the mazes are not as well designed and the boss fights are less gratifying.

Between DDS1 and DDS2, you have a really great game. The overall gameplay and maze design in DDS1 is better, and the plot is better in DDS2 (until the end at least). DDS has a good concept and the story is good enough to keep you going, but the framework of the game is rather typical. DDS has a great plot, but sacrifices gameplay by removing and adding characters.

Either way, if you like SMT3, you will probably like both DDS and DDS2, especially if you aren't as picky and bitchy about things as me. But, of course, don't skip DDS1 for DDS2.

exodus
3129th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 07:08post reply

or if you just like looking at pretty pictures, wait for the new devil summoner!

Shooo-rook
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 08:03post reply

quote:
or if you just like looking at pretty pictures, wait for the new devil summoner!

Have they posted any pictures of Devil SUmmoner anywhere?? my sources are crappy (gamestats, gamefaq, gamespot :( )

Thanks

exodus
3131th Post

"Re(4):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 08:06:post reply

hmm, I have the TGS press kit somewhere, but I'm sure gamespot's pics are fine?

[edit]
rpgamer shots. I know I've seen better ones somewhere...

[this message was edited by exodus on Tue 6 Dec 08:34]

Shooo-rook
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 10:19post reply

quote:
hmm, I have the TGS press kit somewhere, but I'm sure gamespot's pics are fine?

[edit]
rpgamer shots. I know I've seen better ones somewhere...

Devil summoner... looks amazing compared to the rest of SMT series... I think the SMT series in general during the games it has released for PS2 are really good graphics for the capability of the Ps2

exodus
3131th Post

"Re(6):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 11:05post reply

quote:

Devil summoner... looks amazing compared to the rest of SMT series...

yah, well I particularly like the 1920s european environments and style...

sabo10
1257th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 12:27post reply

quote:

yah, well I particularly like the 1920s european environments and style...

TOO LONDONIAN!

Radish
3099th Post

"Re(1):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Tue 6 Dec 20:42post reply

quote:
I am new to "good" RPGs and thanks to Evenor, I have started to play Nocturne of the Megaten series!!! (How wonderful) I want to play Digital Devil Saga after I beat Nocturne. Any thoughts of DDS 2? or on the Megaten series in general... I have heard that Digital Devil Saga does not have as good as a story line as Nocturne...

P.S. I am new to Madman Cafe and I feel privileged to be around such informed people

The way I see it, SMT Nocturne is to the SMT series as Digital Devil Saga is to Persona. Since I'm more of a Persona fan I liked DDS better. SMT's story is pretty spaced out and you don't get tons of information thrown at you. With DDS all of your characters have a pretty defined personality which is reinforced with cutscenes and overworld dialog. Peronally I found the plot of DDS more compelling and I liked all the Hindu mythology they stuck in. It's basically up to the individual which is better since they have very similar battle systems so it's left up to how you feel about characters, plot and if you would rather have a party of set characters or a Pokemon styled monster bank.

I don't think you can go wrong at least giving part 1 a try if you enjoyed Nocturne.

exodus
3133th Post

"Re(8):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Wed 7 Dec 08:15post reply

quote:

TOO LONDONIAN!

no! perfectly londonian!

Shooo-rook
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Wed 7 Dec 14:02post reply

quote:

The way I see it, SMT Nocturne is to the SMT series as Digital Devil Saga is to Persona. Since I'm more of a Persona fan I liked DDS better. SMT's story is pretty spaced out and you don't get tons of information thrown at you. With DDS all of your characters have a pretty defined personality which is reinforced with cutscenes and overworld dialog. Peronally I found the plot of DDS more compelling and I liked all the Hindu mythology they stuck in. It's basically up to the individual which is better since they have very similar battle systems so it's left up to how you feel about characters, plot and if you would rather have a party of set characters or a Pokemon styled monster bank.

I don't think you can go wrong at least giving part 1 a try if you enjoyed Nocturne.

The thing about Nocturne which really interests me that they stick not only Hindu references, but all sorts of references... I am reading Dante's Inferno in school right now, so it goes hand-in-hand with Nocturne... But yeah, I will definitely give DDS1 a try out after i finish nocturne...

Thank you Radish!

catalyst
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Sun 11 Dec 15:34post reply

Here You go Shooo-rook,

http://www.atlus.co.jp/cs/game/pstation2/summoner/screen/screen01.html

direct link towards the official Devil Summoner page screenshots. Has a couple movies as well, very fluid action. Enjoy

Evenor
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Sun 11 Dec 16:02post reply

quote:
Here You go Shooo-rook,

direct link towards the official Devil Summoner page screenshots. Has a couple movies as well, very fluid action. Enjoy

This game looks gorgeous!
Plus the battle system looks fun.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

catalyst
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Sun 11 Dec 16:24post reply

quote:
Here You go Shooo-rook,

I really like how in one of the videos you can interact the demon you summon with the background, with that ice demon creating that platform for Raidou and having him speak to other demons getting into those hard to reach spaces.

Shooo-rook
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Digital Devil Saga 2?" , posted Fri 16 Dec 03:43post reply

quote:
Here You go Shooo-rook,

I really like how in one of the videos you can interact the demon you summon with the background, with that ice demon creating that platform for Raidou and having him speak to other demons getting into those hard to reach spaces.

Seriously the game looks gorgous! It just looks so beautiful, it streams extremely well... We will have to wait and see what the battle system is all about, but the system looks good in the movies.

Variable Savior
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"RE: Devil Summoner" , posted Fri 16 Dec 08:13post reply

Wow - the videos for DS are quite impressive. And I'm pleased to see Atlus using a perspective/system other than SMT3's (good as they were 3, AT, and AT2 were enough).

Does anyone have any details on the game system? With the character movement and attack variance the battle videos make the game look like an action RPG. I'm curious just how different this will be.

Blood marks heaven's path