Oneechanbara 2 video - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2149 Views )

Ammadeau
1468th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 06:00:post reply

The best part is where she tears the zombie's arm off.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Sat 3 Dec 06:01]

Replies:

Nate
731th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 06:33post reply

quote:
The best part is where she tears the zombie's arm off.

She ripped off a whole torso at one point. Meaning I must get this game somehow.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

CHAZumaru
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 07:15post reply

Wha-? Those stages are already in Onee1, what the hell!? It's just the same exact game as Onee1 and Oneeploo with newish animations. I am mildly disappointed. The little sister looks cool, though.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

exodus
3125th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 07:45post reply

Yeah, wow. How long did they spend making this game, two weeks? There's like...new characters and switching. and...that's it??

jiji
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 08:11post reply

I only recognize the first two areas in the video, but I didn't play past the endlessly-repeated hospitals in Oneechanbara. The levels seem to have more detail now.

There are fewer zombies onscreen, more lighting effects, more hit effects, and the combat looks quite a bit enhanced. The zombies are more detailed and have better textures and animations. Camera looks better to me, too. The blood looks more pinkish/purplish than red now, but that could just be the video. I think the blood-fling is still in - the player does it a couple of times - but it looks faster now.

And, hey, there are more than two different snippets of music this time. They seem to have had more effort put into them than in the first game.

It looks more fun to me than the first game. I don't regret my pre-paid order at Yesasia yet.

CHAZumaru
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 09:03post reply

Yeah, but I don't like D3's idea of releasing three times the same 2000yen game, that in the end will eventually turn into a decent brawler which actually cost you 6000yen like any other action game, except you got to play the beta discs.

The (completely deserved) success of Chikyuu Boueigun 2, which honestly is just "Chikyuu Boueigun Dash Turbo + Alpha" a.k.a. this time we got the necessary months needed to finish what we wanted to do in the first place, apparently gave D3 a new and dangerous understanding of how to run their business.

Rid
6909th Post

"Re(3):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 09:16post reply

Isn't the saga popular enough to stop being low budget? I think people would pay more for a richer sequel.

CHAZumaru
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 09:32post reply

quote:
Isn't the saga popular enough to stop being low budget? I think people would pay more for a richer sequel.

I don't know, but Fabien of Sugoi!'s fame (who is rarely misinformed) told me recently they had seriously thought about going full price for Chikyuu Boueigun 2 when realizing how good the game was. So I am pretty sure they always consider that when one of their IPs gets popular. Yet a large part of the Simple Series charm is both the "volume" gimmick and the no-brainer price.

jiji
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 09:38post reply

I don't mind their approach as long as we see tangible improvements as with EDF2 and (apparently) Oneechanbara 2. Oneechamploo was nigh-unforgivable, but at least it seems like they're using the profits to make a better game.

It might suck for the people who buy the first game in a series of upgrades, but I think that financing a "full" game in pieces like that is a decent way to experiment with new and weird concepts.

Ammadeau
1468th Post

"Re(6):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 15:24post reply

Might have reused a few levels (I've seen at least three new ones now), but they look a hell of a lot better now, and with the character switching, new moves, and other refinements, it's easily worth my $20 (unlike the last release which was a bit of a scam). It'll probably gimped again in the extras, but I take what I can get.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Undead Fred
2565th Post

"Re(7):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sat 3 Dec 16:38post reply

Man, I still just want to play ANY version of the game... maybe I'll see it in the US sometime.

Maybe once they make up their mind or stop doing minor revisions or whatever it'll show up here.

Spoon
1239th Post

"Re(5):Oneechanbara 2 video" , posted Sun 4 Dec 05:11post reply

quote:
I don't know, but Fabien of Sugoi!'s fame (who is rarely misinformed) told me recently they had seriously thought about going full price for Chikyuu Boueigun 2 when realizing how good the game was. So I am pretty sure they always consider that when one of their IPs gets popular. Yet a large part of the Simple Series charm is both the "volume" gimmick and the no-brainer price.

I love EDF2, but I don't think it has enough polish to be a $50 or a $60 game. However, as a $20... hell, it's just like $25 from import shops (!), it's wonderful.