KOF Another Day 1 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (6371 Views )

Rid
6905th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 02:31post reply

It's... less than ten minutes long? or is there another version I'm not aware of? I guess the animation is ok...

Replies:

Syo
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 03:53post reply

quote:
It's... less than ten minutes long? or is there another version I'm not aware of? I guess the animation is ok...

Yep, the one I saw was under 10 minutes too. Wasn't bad for a first part, definitely could be improved on.

Seems Iori's hounding Ash in this episode...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

exodus
3124th Post

"Re(1):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 05:07post reply

I'm expecting this to be awful. So...just how awful is it, REALLY awful, or kind of awful?

Rid
6907th Post

"Re(2):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 05:15post reply

quote:
I'm expecting this to be awful. So...just how awful is it, REALLY awful, or kind of awful?

Technically it's quite good, as expected from Production IG, but it basically has no story, it's a random "little girl rescued from fire" little cliched story. The short fight scene is nice, but I don't care abour Iori and the random MI guy (can't remember his name).

Would work as a KOFMI cutscene...

NARUTO
3320th Post

"Re(3):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 05:27post reply

quote:

Would work as a KOFMI cutscene...

As expected...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

catalyst
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sat 3 Dec 14:41post reply

I kind of expected it to be short yet not this short. Pretty cool over all. I guess from the way the trailer and how each episode will be shown I assume is from everyones personal perspective over that single night.Interesting.

Syo
144th Post

Regular Customer

"*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 07:00post reply

I made a sub file for the episode;

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/The_King_of_Fighters__Another_Day_Chapter_01_All_Out.srt

After the credits, it confirms that Iori lost his flames...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

burning kyo
2374th Post

"Re(1):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 07:20post reply

uh ? but where do you all got it ?

aderack
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 07:24post reply

quote:
uh ? but where do you all got it ?

Pyoh!

Syo
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 09:09post reply

quote:
Hee hee, the spoony bards didn't translated "Aniki". They think that makes them more "japanese"?

Actually, that was a typo on my behalf. Here, just for Rid, 'aniki-less' subs;

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/570627.srt

BTW, you really hate it when these minor things are left in japanese don't you? Were you the one riling on my leaving Jenet as Jenni in the ending translations too..?

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Rid
6912th Post

"Re(3):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 09:21post reply

quote:
Hee hee, the spoony bards didn't translated "Aniki". They think that makes them more "japanese"?

Actually, that was a typo on my behalf. Here, just for Rid, 'aniki-less' subs;

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/570627.srt

BTW, you really hate it when these minor things are left in japanese don't you? Were you the one riling on my leaving Jenet as Jenni in the ending translations too..?

fufufu, thanks a lot. I've used "moe" and "kawaii" on my site so I shouldn't be complaining... BUT THAT'S WHAT INTERNET IS FOR!

And that wasn't me, I usually call her Jenny, because that's how it's written...

kurushimi
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 14:52post reply

From what I understand, it's to be 4 half-sized episodes, and this is the first, which explains the size.

aderack
203th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Sun 4 Dec 14:59post reply

Yeah. There's not a lot here. What is here is pretty decent, though. It seems to me that the four episodes will add up in much the same way that KOF endings do, where you only get the full picture after you see all of them.

simonbelmont
55th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sun 4 Dec 15:28post reply

quote:

I can think of worse ways to spend 10 minutes. Besides, it was kind of fun watching Iori push a little kid down.

catalyst
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Sun 4 Dec 17:09post reply

In a relevant manner, by any means, could this small KOF anime be made as a comparison towards the recent SF animes that have been released? Or It isn't enough footage to make a decent argument, or valid comparison? Opinions anyone? Pretty curious what you guys would have to say about it since I'm not that analytical as the rest of you guys.

Sensenic
1400th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Mon 5 Dec 03:31post reply

quote:
I made a sub file for the episode;

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/The_King_of_Fighters__Another_Day_Chapter_01_All_Out.srt

After the credits, it confirms that Iori lost his flames...

Eh... Pardon my ignorance but... how is that file used?

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

Listen to them - the children of the night. What music they make! Dracula

Arngrim
42th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Mon 5 Dec 03:39post reply

quote:

Eh... Pardon my ignorance but... how is that file used?

Just use BS player and be sure the subs file has the same name as the video file and it is in the same folder.

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Sensenic
1402th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):*Subtitle file available!*" , posted Mon 5 Dec 04:34:post reply

quote:
I kind of expected it to be short yet not this short. Pretty cool over all. I guess from the way the trailer and how each episode will be shown I assume is from everyones personal perspective over that single night.Interesting.

quote:
Yeah. There's not a lot here. What is here is pretty decent, though. It seems to me that the four episodes will add up in much the same way that KOF endings do, where you only get the full picture after you see all of them.

Uh-huh... Plus, it seems they're somehow linking the KOFMI saga with the current official one (not making much sense, but, heh...)
Which means it's a rather original and creative way to advertise both products.

Thanks Syo, for the subs. :)
EDIT: Oh, and Arngrim for telling me. ^_^

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

Listen to them - the children of the night. What music they make! Dracula

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Mon 5 Dec 04:36]

aderack
205th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Mon 5 Dec 08:07:post reply

quote:
In a relevant manner, by any means, could this small KOF anime be made as a comparison towards the recent SF animes that have been released? Or It isn't enough footage to make a decent argument, or valid comparison?

I haven't seen any of the SF anime series. What I can say is that there's nothing in this which is really contridictory with what we know about KOF (or Max Impact for that matter). Characters seem in-character. They use their in-game moves when they fight. The story details all at least fit.

There's nothing embarassing about it at all, and nothing to complain about. Of course, that might just be a facet of there only being about seven minutes of animation.

Still. You know. Considering how I've heard people complain about the various SF anime series and their improprieties, I guess it's a step up in at least that regard.

Maybe having Falcoon directly related has something to do with this.

As an anime series in its own right -- well. Hard to say yet. It's mildly interesting so far. Maybe when we get the multiple-perspective thing working there will be more to talk about.

[this message was edited by aderack on Mon 5 Dec 08:14]

burning kyo
2377th Post

"Re(1):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Wed 7 Dec 03:36post reply

Can someone tell me the name of the ending song please ?

kofoguz
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Thu 8 Dec 07:00post reply

quote:

It's a mystery for now.

Anyway after long weeks my computer let me post cafe again. Thousands of site opens without any problem but cafe....

I like the anime and I dissappointed about how long it is(blah blah blah). But I hope itll lead more and more and more and more projects like this -One can hope-. Heck I'm even hyped for short animations for every ending and beginningin kof games or other snk game.
(please SNK give more to this story whore)

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Gojira
1884th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Thu 8 Dec 09:02post reply

quote:

I like the anime and I dissappointed about how long it is(blah blah blah). But I hope itll lead more and more and more and more projects like this -One can hope-. Heck I'm even hyped for short animations for every ending and beginningin kof games or other snk game.
(please SNK give more to this story whore)

Didn't they say that if this got enough positive response they might make a real series out of it? Although I have no idea where they're getting this response.

So far the design, animation, action and x-factor seem to be working well for it. They even made Soiree look decent, and that's no small feat. About the only problem anyone brings up is the length. I would definitely like to see it drawn out more, myself.

IkariDC
461th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Thu 8 Dec 09:51post reply

quote:

I don't know the name, but I'm 99% sure the band is Dakota Star. 3 of their songs were featured in GT4 and I love them. Unfortunatly, I don't know much about them, or if they are releasing an album or something...

aderack
205th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Thu 8 Dec 11:05post reply

So how are these episodes supposed to be distributed? Are they OVAs? Simply meant for download?

catalyst
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):KOF Another Day 1" , posted Thu 8 Dec 12:01:post reply

quote:
So how are these episodes supposed to be distributed? Are they OVAs? Simply meant for download?

I think they are showed on specific channels on tv, then after that transfered online to be streamed and watched. SNK has a long list of channels and what airtimes they will have for them.

Edit: Also Ikari DC is right about the ending credits song by Dakota Star, one of the band members confirms it on their website message board

httpww.dakotastar.net/bbs/en.cgi

[this message was edited by catalyst on Thu 8 Dec 16:35]