Sony PSP or GPX2? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1727 Views )

crazymike
1192th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Sony PSP or GPX2?" , posted Fri 2 Dec 14:45post reply

I've been contemplating picking up a handheld for the sole purpose of loading apps and old school emulators on it. However I do not know what to pick: Get a Sony PSP and hack it or go the more legal solution and get a GPX2.

While the PSP is more powerful, Sony keeps updating their firmware for all new games which is a real drag. The GPX2 may be open source but from what i've read, it is not that much faster than the GPX32 so seeing emulators for more CPU hungry architecture like CPS-2 probably won't happen.

Any suggestions?

Replies:

exodus
3119th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sony PSP or GPX2?" , posted Fri 2 Dec 15:03post reply

suggestion - GP2X is very buggy right now. Wait til there's a solid firmware upgrade that leaves the scene satisfied (should happen by January, I'd wager), and by then the emulation scene should have evolved exponentially. I'd advise you wait til then!

Bata kun
2751th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Sony PSP or GPX2?" , posted Fri 2 Dec 16:39post reply

quote:
suggestion - GP2X is very buggy right now. Wait til there's a solid firmware upgrade that leaves the scene satisfied (should happen by January, I'd wager), and by then the emulation scene should have evolved exponentially. I'd advise you wait til then!

Man! I so want to play with a GP. I bet that they're costly too.