/~ Springtime, for Uwe Boll, and Germany! ~/ - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1667 Views )

OmegaDog
1561th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"/~ Springtime, for Uwe Boll, and Germany! ~/" , posted Thu 1 Dec 08:42post reply

Cinema Blend -- Uwe Boll: Money For Nothing
(Link from Slashdot Games)

Whether or not this article actually holds any merit, it's still fun to think of Uwe Boll as a scheming bastard instead of just a bad director.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Replies:

Undead Fred
2560th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):/~ Springtime, for Uwe Boll, and German" , posted Thu 1 Dec 10:18post reply

quote:
Whether or not this article actually holds any merit, it's still fun to think of Uwe Boll as a scheming bastard instead of just a bad director.

He does make a good argument, though. It does seem suspicious that Boll's movies lose more and more money, but he KEEPS getting movie deals with actual "known" actors involved. And normally, when a director fails that hard (and exponentially harder with each movie), they normally don't get another chance, ESPECIALLY with higher-level actors. If there really is some sort of scam going on, I hope that loophole closes quickly so he'll go away.

Of course, Hollywood can very easily be just that stupid to keep hiring a bad director, too. But as you've said, it's way more fun to think of it as a secret plot instead of just horrible usage of money and licenses.

sabo10
1253th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):/~ Springtime, for Uwe Boll, and German" , posted Thu 1 Dec 10:47:post reply

Wow, I had no idea this guy really was making movies with Nazi money.

“Yes, it is fun to make fun of the German, because I Nazi and make movies with that Nazi Money.”

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21638

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Thu 1 Dec 10:48]

CPSIII
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):/~ Springtime, for Uwe Boll, and German" , posted Thu 1 Dec 16:58post reply

That tax law loophole story is a hoax as far as I know. His movies do make money, they go straight to DVD, have cheap production costs and often big names(licences and actors). That's enough to get passer-bys to buy those things. It's not that hard to imagine, you are an average guy looking through the DVD section of your local elektronic store and you see XY "Hey that's a game I once played, woah Ben Kingsley and XY˛ are in it, can't be that bad."

Besides all the haters buy the dvds just so they can rave on them. ;D

If you want to see a truly horrible movie watch his first film called "a letter to death" or something. That was so bad it makes his video game based movies seem like sophisticated art.

How are you doin'