KH2: Chicken Little a summon? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2953 Views )

talbaineric
6208th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Wed 30 Nov 12:00:post reply

According to Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, it's still a rumor, but word is Chicken Little, Disney's new hero, is a summon. O_O

Wow, and just when I thought Nomura threw in all the surprises. I wonder if this was added at the last minute? Seeing as how the movie was a suprise box office hit here in the U.S. and worldwide (no.1 for 2 weeks here).

Oh, and the American site is up:
http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Wed 30 Nov 13:26]

Replies:

kilvear
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Wed 30 Nov 13:27post reply

quote:
According to Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, it's still a rumor, but word is Chicken Little, Disney's new hero, is a summon. O_O

Wow, and just when I thought Nomura threw in all the surprises. I wonder if this was added at the last minute? Seeing as how the movie was a suprise box office hit here in the U.S. and worldwide (no.1 for 2 weeks here).

Oh, and the American site is up:
http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/

sounds unlikely to be true.

i wonder if the whole thing is gonna hold together. they are pretty much putting just about every series from disney and square enix into it.

Nothing Serious. Casuals Only.

shin ramberk
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Wed 30 Nov 18:41post reply

quote:
I wonder if this was added at the last minute? Seeing as how the movie was a suprise box office hit here in the U.S. and worldwide (no.1 for 2 weeks here).

Good lord you are such a fanboy.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

talbaineric
6208th Post

"Re(2):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Wed 30 Nov 23:43post reply

quote:
I wonder if this was added at the last minute? Seeing as how the movie was a suprise box office hit here in the U.S. and worldwide (no.1 for 2 weeks here).

You just barely realized this now? 8) But there are even worse fanboys out there.

Hmm....not sure how it'll hold together, but from what's been revealed, it'll all be smooth I'm sure. Port Royal and Lion King I know will have nothing to do with the main KH2 storyline though as far as I know. And of course the same would go for the 100 Acre Wood.

talbaineric
6209th Post

"Scans of CL in KH2" , posted Thu 1 Dec 02:15post reply

Wow, it is true! Nomura and co. are awesome! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/vindeggama/17575.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/vindeggama/17576.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/vindeggama/17577.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/vindeggama/17578.jpg

Cain Highwind
639th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Thu 1 Dec 04:36post reply

quote:

You just barely realized this now? 8) But there are even worse fanboys out there.

He means that just because a movie has gotten top billing at the box office doesn't make it good, and I tend to agree. I haven't seen the movie, but it doesn't look all that great and from the critc's reviews, it sounds pretty "blah"

quote:
Port Royal and Lion King I know will have nothing to do with the main KH2 storyline though as far as I know.

You're pretty much right about Lion King (except Pete showing up and teaming up with Scar), however Port Royal has Oswald-lookalike Luxord and Pete teaming up with Barbossa, if you watch the latest trailer again.

As for the latest Dorimanga info, Yuna, Rikku, AND Paine are in it...as FAIRIES. (seriously). Also Fuu and Rai (aka Fujin and Raijin from FFVIII) will be voiced by the seiyuus of Lulu and Wakka from FFX.

talbaineric
6210th Post

"Re(4):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Thu 1 Dec 05:18post reply

quote:
He means that just because a movie has gotten top billing at the box office doesn't make it good, and I tend to agree.

Yes, very much so. Christmas with the Kranks, Doom, etc etc etc. All proven indeed.

quote:
I haven't seen the movie, but it doesn't look all that great and from the critc's reviews, it sounds pretty "blah"

You can't trust critics either. They were wrong about lots of movies. I don't rely on them too much. Besides, I rather liked it. :)

quote:
You're pretty much right about Lion King (except Pete showing up and teaming up with Scar), however Port Royal has Oswald-lookalike Luxord and Pete teaming up with Barbossa, if you watch the latest trailer again.

What do you think of Pete's lion form? I think he looks really odd. But I guess he wouldn't look any other way.

quote:
As for the latest Dorimanga info, Yuna, Rikku, AND Paine are in it...as FAIRIES. (seriously). Also Fuu and Rai (aka Fujin and Raijin from FFVIII) will be voiced by the seiyuus of Lulu and Wakka from FFX.

Yeah I was rather shocked, I still couldn't tell which was which from the shoddy screens. I wonder since they're fairies if they're convorting with Tinkerbell in some way?

Sensenic
1403th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 18:37post reply

quote:

FFX-2 faeries pic

But the most surprising news here is the appearance of Setzer!
Unfortunately, I don't like the redesign at all. Still I'm hoping more'll come... Even if it's just for curiosity.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

Listen to them - the children of the night. What music they make! Dracula

gorgeous
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 18:48post reply

quote:
the most surprising news here is the appearance of Setzer!

I mean, I already know I hate this game though I still want to play it just to . . . you know. Witness it.

Setzer, though. Hell yeah.

Also, Seifer is in here and he has a "俺" "ORE" kanji on his hat, which is cool as shit.

Still, why do they keep revealing stuff like this? Do they think people aren't going to buy the game unless "THAT" character is in it, or what? Do they really think they're snaring an extra five fucking people just by showing pictures of Chicken Little in there as a summon? I mean, why not let us play the damned thing and eventually be surprised? They're revealing so much, it's like, "I can't believe THAT much is in this game." And by the time it comes out, it's going to be like just taking a tour through all the screenshots you've already seen.

They need to make their games a little more boldly. Just, let us know there's going to be lots of surprising stuff in there, and then trust people to buy it. I don't think they'll do that, though.

NARUTO
3332th Post

"Re(1):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 19:00post reply

quote:
Unfortunately, I don't like the redesign at all. Still I'm hoping more'll come... Even if it's just for curiosity.

Setzer is not the 1st non-nomure characters, Vivi from FF9 have been showed since quite a long time...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Pollyanna
1542th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 19:03post reply

Nomura just like...totally lost all of his cool points for screwing up Setzer. I usually don't bitch about stuff like that...in fact, I usually bitch about people bitching about stuff like that...but this is just crap.

KH2 is having a strange effect on me. The more they announce, the more excited I feel I should be...but I'm just NOT. I don't care about any of the FF characters anymore and I'm not a Disney fan. And yet...they keep throwing new things at me to be excited about. My "get excited sensors" are going off, but they shouldn't...and I know this.

The same thing is happening with Rogue Galaxy, which despite looking excellent, has the worst cast of characters I've seen in a while. Every damned character (excluding Jester, I suppose) is "that character I hate and would never use." I can't buy a game like that! But...I CAN encourage my friends to buy it, then play their copy.
Hmmmm....

Iggy
7459th Post

"Re(1):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 19:11post reply

Problem is : this is not the Setzer I like.

This is a character without any ressemblance with Setzer, with a totally different background and role, whose name happens to be "FF6's Setzer".

Boooooooooooh.

Sensenic
1404th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):KH2 bump: 2nd Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 19:41post reply

quote:

Setzer is not the 1st non-nomure characters, Vivi from FF9 have been showed since quite a long time...

O Rly?

Well, Not that I'm much into this game... I've just been reading the threads that pop out here from time to time... Must've missed that one, I guess /(;^_^)

Nyway, he's ugly.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

Listen to them - the children of the night. What music they make! Dracula

Radish
3114th Post

"Re(3):KH2 bump: 2nd Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 20:33post reply

The Chicken Little summon forces your enemies to remember the days when Disney did 2D animation istead of trendy 3D crap (which the exception of Pixar) and they kill themselves in shame.

IkariDC
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):KH2 bump: 2nd Non-Nomura character" , posted Fri 9 Dec 21:18post reply

Oh my god, I've just found out about Setzer's redesign. Well, that tells how interested I am on this game...

If they claimmed it was a new character I would have believed so, because he doesn't look at all like Setzer!

Momo
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 03:49post reply

ohhhhhhh sheeeeeiiiiiit

as if I didn't hate Kingdom Hearts enough already, they go and mangle one of my all-time favorite FF characters!

SETZER GOT RAPED ;A;

Cain Highwind
640th Post

"Re(2):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 05:16post reply

Personally, I'm happy they finally added a FFVI character as opposed to another predicted FFVII character (and it's being said that both Shadow and Setzer were originally designed by Nomura anyway). I think the design could've been handled better (does the cloak just "float off him", where's his scars, what's with his hair?) But I just like to think it's because of him being "Disney-fied" (a lot of people thought Cloud's KH design was weird, and personally I think Seifer's new KH design is weirder) AND the fact Nomura has a thing for white haired bishies just like Falcoon has a thing for big-breasted women.

I'm kind of curious who they'll get to voice him too.

On a related note, it seems YuRiPa are students of the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty.

Gojira
1888th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 08:41post reply

Wow, I never knew that people thought Setzer's old design was so great. I thought he looked like a goddamn bum.

Pollyanna
1544th Post

"Re(4):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 10:21post reply

quote:
Wow, I never knew that people thought Setzer's old design was so great. I thought he looked like a goddamn bum.

How did he look like a bum? With long, wavy white hair, pale skin and a baroque-looking costume...well...I guess that means you think Alucard looks like a bum, too?

Hey, that's OK. You've just got a "special" bum radar.

Rid
6922th Post

"Re(5):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 10:28post reply

Setzer: one of the two interesting FF characters. The other being Faris of course.

This "Setzer": crap, but what else can you expect from Nomura, the only interesting thing this guy has done was Parasite Eve.

Gojira
1889th Post

"Re(5):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 13:42post reply

quote:

How did he look like a bum? With long, wavy white hair, pale skin and a baroque-looking costume...well...I guess that means you think Alucard looks like a bum, too?

Hey, that's OK. You've just got a "special" bum radar.

Maybe he looked different in drawings and such, but in the game he just looked like a long-haired bum in an ugly brown trenchcoat to me.

Pollyanna
1545th Post

"Re(6):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 14:14post reply

That reminds me of an argument I had with someone when they did the FF6 FMV for the PS remake. He complained that the characters looked all wrong and he thought they should look like the sprites. I saw the sprites as a technological inability to portray the character designs, as the "sprite" designs are terribly simplistic.

I hate it when people cosplay the sprites. Yeah...Locke is wearing bluejeans, a white T-shirt he got at Wal-Mart and a blue vest. Quality character design.

But even if Setzer WAS a bum, it would be better than this.

Dr Baghead
3537th Post

"Re(1):KH2: Chicken Little a summon?" , posted Sat 10 Dec 14:39post reply

quote:

Considering he was dancing like an idiot in "Disneyland 75th Anniversy" celebration commericals(or whatever those theme park commericals X3's Beast narrators are about) months before his movie was even out, I doubt his inclusion was because the movie did well...

probably more like Disney thinking "Hey... all our characters are already in 3D in this game right?! so if we put a 3D character in the game people might see how much he looks like our old 2D stuff and instead of thinking of Chicken Little as a boring and pointless movie that we destroyed our history to make they'll see it as a boring and pointless movie that carries on the Disney tradition IN THREEEEEEEEE-DEEEEEEEE"

(meh, I didn't like Chicken Little... still it's an interesting idea for a summon spell. I didn't think I was gonna play KH2 since KH1 was only 'okay' but there's so much random stuff like a PotC and Tron world and now this it's gotta be worth checking out.)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Gojira
1890th Post

"Re(7):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 18:42post reply

quote:
That reminds me of an argument I had with someone when they did the FF6 FMV for the PS remake. He complained that the characters looked all wrong and he thought they should look like the sprites. I saw the sprites as a technological inability to portray the character designs, as the "sprite" designs are terribly simplistic.

But even if Setzer WAS a bum, it would be better than this.

1995 was a time when the only impression you could have of a character was based on the sprite. And possibly that little face on the menu screen. If you can fault people for not being able to peruse the original artwork and designs back then, then I guess you can go on all you want.

Oh well, it's not like I'm trying to defend the new design anyway. That's pretty laughable in itself.

Iggy
7462th Post

"Re(4):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sat 10 Dec 22:36post reply

quote:

For me, it's not even a question of liking his old design or not.. it's just that this new character is NOT the Setzer I used to play with.
I thought one of the point of using characters from different worlds in some inane crossover was to see again characters without having to creaate a sequel that might ruin the original game.
This Setzer is just a new character without any ties with the game I like.

Baines
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sun 11 Dec 03:57post reply

quote:
For me, it's not even a question of liking his old design or not.. it's just that this new character is NOT the Setzer I used to play with.

If it weren't for the label, I wouldn't even think it was Setzer. The only picture of Setzer that I've seen that looked like the KH2 version was on the cover of a dojinshi, and everyone there looked wrong.

It is nothing like the Amano designs.

It looks nothing like the CG FMV design for the PS1 version of FF6.

It is noth-- Hrm. Actually... It looks like someone took a picture of the sprite, then drew their own interpretation of the character that had the wrong hair, the wrong color outfit, the wrong age, the wro-- Okay, it has even only a minimal resemblence to the sprite work and the SD artwork.

It doesn't even look like he'll carry the same "personality" as FF6 Setzer, based on the redesign's look.

Cain Highwind
642th Post

"Re(6):KH2 bump: First Non-Nomura character" , posted Sun 11 Dec 04:56:post reply

quote:

If it weren't for the label, I wouldn't even think it was Setzer. The only picture of Setzer that I've seen that looked like the KH2 version was on the cover of a dojinshi, and everyone there looked wrong.

It is nothing like the Amano designs.

It looks nothing like the CG FMV design for the PS1 version of FF6.

Now that I see the Amano artwork again, I'm inclined to agree. If they just let his hair down, added a simple scar on his face, and actually have him WEAR the jacket and not hang from his shoulders like a cape (which looks simply retarded), it would've looked much better.

But in all honesty, I'm still excited to see him. And for some reason I picture Disney getting Cary Elwes doing his voice.

And from what I've heard with the Ultimania Alpha out in Japan now, Nomura was going to put in Rufus from FFVII in, but he really wanted to see Setzer in 3D. Just an FYI. Probably means the Japanese version will use Rufus' AC seiyuu

It is noth-- Hrm. Actually... It looks like someone took a picture of the sprite, then drew their own interpretation of the character that had the wrong hair, the wrong color outfit, the wrong age, the wro-- Okay, it has even only a minimal resemblence to the sprite work and the SD artwork.

quote:
It doesn't even look like he'll carry the same "personality" as FF6 Setzer, based on the redesign's look.

Well that we won't really know until the game's out. Again I think it'll be interesting to see who voices him in English. He is a black jack-playing, world-traveling, casino-dwelling free spirit seems kind of fitting as a master of a minigame. As long as they don't give him some annoying new york accent or something

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Sun 11 Dec 05:04]

Just a Person
744th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):KH2 bump: 2nd Non-Nomura character" , posted Thu 15 Dec 01:28post reply

quote:
The Chicken Little summon forces your enemies to remember the days when Disney did 2D animation istead of trendy 3D crap (which the exception of Pixar) and they kill themselves in shame.

Haha, great one!!
It looks so weird to have Chicken Little as a summon... fortunately, Stitch is a summon as well (heīs cool)!
And wow, KHII really has A LOT of FF people. I donīt even know who is Setzer (unfortunately I never found FFVI to play...), but itīs great to see Seifer, Fuujin, Raijin, Vivi, Auron and the "spice-fairies" Yuna, Paine and Rikku (I wonder if theyīll ever meet Tinkerbell in the game)! Even though Aya Brea wasnīt included and Aerith seems to be absent this time, itīs still cool!!

Iīve also seen pictures of four new members of the Organization. Letīs see how much will they be involved in the story...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

NARUTO
3337th Post

"Re(5):KH2 bump: 2nd Non-Nomura character" , posted Thu 15 Dec 19:32post reply

quote:
Iīve also seen pictures of four new members of the Organization. Letīs see how much will they be involved in the story...

Since they're called the 13th order...well they are 13...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...