Violent Games - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1742 Views )

Ishmael
2310th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Violent Games" , posted Tue 29 Nov 23:38post reply

As cooked up by the Family Media Guide and reported at GameSpot. Capcom and Rockstar did quite well for themselves this year.

Replies:

Gojira
1874th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Violent Games" , posted Wed 30 Nov 02:38post reply

quote:
As cooked up by the Family Media Guide and reported at GameSpot. Capcom and Rockstar did quite well for themselves this year.

NARC? Surely there's something out there more violent than that game that didn't make the list.

Well at least it's more believably drawn up than last year's Interfaith list. Gunslinger Girls 2 indeed.

Undead Fred
2555th Post

"Re(1):Violent Games" , posted Wed 30 Nov 09:42post reply

quote:

Descriptions for GTA are always funny. Players MUST use prostitutes to regain health and definitely have to kill them afterward to get their money back. I just wish they would have remembered to say that you have to earn points by killing cops and press the B button to support terrorism.

Some of the descriptions didn't make the game sound very violent, though. They listed other things that would pissed off parents (like NARC officers taking drugs as power-ups), but they should have just stuck to violent content if that's what the list was about. If the list is about violence, why's it matter if the guy in True Crime can plant evidence on civilians for bonuses? SEMANTICS

exodus
3109th Post

"Re(2):Violent Games" , posted Wed 30 Nov 09:59post reply

quote:
NARC? Surely there's something out there more violent than that game that didn't make the list.

The problem here is actually with Gamespot's reporting. As you'll see here, they're actually 'parent alert' games, not just violent. If there were a game in the US just about sexin', it'd be in there.

Gojira
1877th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Violent Games" , posted Wed 30 Nov 11:02post reply

quote:

The problem here is actually with Gamespot's reporting. As you'll see here, they're actually 'parent alert' games, not just violent. If there were a game in the US just about sexin', it'd be in there.

Oho, I see...

I wonder how Urban Reign made the list. The only reason I can think of is kids become violent when they can't handle its difficulty. And I guess Beatdown was so blatant it couldn't even get a mention. That game fails even at notoriety.

Ishmael
2313th Post

"Re(3):Violent Games" , posted Wed 30 Nov 23:49post reply

quote:

Actually those are two different lists. The Gamespot article is about the one from Family Media Guide while the Gamasutra piece is discussing another list from MediaWise.

exodus
3112th Post

"Re(4):Violent Games" , posted Thu 1 Dec 04:11post reply

quote:

Actually those are two different lists. The Gamespot article is about the one from Family Media Guide while the Gamasutra piece is discussing another list from MediaWise.

oh. well then the problem is with me. ;_;

Ishmael
2315th Post

"Re(5):Violent Games" , posted Thu 1 Dec 04:42post reply

quote:

oh. well then the problem is with me. ;_;

But you're still the most amazing thing in this post.

exodus
3113th Post

"Re(6):Violent Games" , posted Thu 1 Dec 06:01post reply

quote:

But you're still the most amazing thing in this post.

ahh, you make an outstanding point, there.