Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2971 Views )

KTallguy
771th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 03:51post reply

Well, at virtuafighter.jp, they have a small teaser site with some character renders that kind of show off the new look of some of the characters. There was also a loke test yesterday and today.

A small report from virtuafighter.com from RENO:

"I just got back from FOUR HOURS of VF5. Hoooly crap, this game BLOWS AWAY ANY X360 GAME. My god, it easily surpasses anything else I've seen IMO. DOA4 what? Tekken 5 what? The king has returned, suffice to say. To talk about the graphics a bit... it could be because the display was a high res monitor. It could be because Lindbergh is a fucking beast of a machine, but AM2 somehow made a game that looks better than any other game out there. I would dare say that it looks JUST AS GOOD as MGS4's demo. The lighting in the game is absolutely crazy, and the details on the models are incredible.

Here's the details that matter.

In the game, everyone has the normal evade that's done in VF4. However, everyone now has a sway step... kind of. Basically, you press u/f or d/f and P+K+G and you'll sway to one side of your opponent. This allows you to avoid attacks but it also works well after you've staggered an opponent and you want to set them up for a ring out or a wall combo. People who play Lion will adapt to this easily since he already had this command in VF4. I guess AM2 liked it so much that they incorporated it into every character.

Most of what's in VF4 is in VF5. You still have the struggles and all that. However VF.net isn't as expansive as it is in VF4: Final Tuned -- this is expected since the game is still in testing. Right now they just have basic win/loss, ranking and costumes... but I expect it to have everything that Final Tuned does and more. One cool thing is that with VF.tv is that it actually shows the last ten matches of each player. So if you had 4 wins and 6 losses, it'll show that information. Any way, I got on a tangent there... there are some interesting changes that where made...

Low jabs are changed somehow. This is a long shot, but this is my theory.... if you press d+P while standing, your rear hand will do the low jab, effectively cutting down the range and speed of it. However, pressing d+P while crouching will give you the old fashioned low jab that has alot of speed and range. However, I could be wrong on this. I noticed that Wolf players only did the new jab, while I noticed Goh and some of the female characters did the fast, ordinary jab. I have no idea how they implemented this, so dont ask. I'm sure most of the Japanese players will know how this worked out. Maybe it's just a simple thing so that characters with slow jabs (the big guys) have the slower jab animation and the fast characters have the regular one. Who knows.

I didn't get to play El Blaze -- Sega required you to get a VF.net card to play -- but from the matches I saw he seems incomplete right now. His Lucha style is activated by pressing P+K+G... then you can run away or towards your opponent, as well as faking them out. Blaze will basically run until he hits the end of the arena. He has quiet a few moves out of this stance, like a flying body splash and a dropkick. It seemed that most people weren't getting a lot of wins with him though, since everyone was beasting with the old characters.

Throws are now a little slower now, or maybe it's just me. Instead of VF4's intantaneous throws, there's now some animation before they connect, making it a little easier to escape them.

Customization looks fucking SWEET. We're talking about replacing entire pieces of clothing rather than changing the base colour and all. One Goh player I saw replaced his traditional judo gi with a white leather heavy coat (think Neo from Matrix Reloaded, but white) and then brown leather pants, and topped it off with a char face mask. It looked HOT.

VF.tv is the same as Tekken Live in Japan but it's MUCH more fleshed out. They have player power rankings like in Tekken Live, but they give you a lot more information about the players, as well as a good view of what items the player has equipped. The match replays are fucking fantastic. Not only are they great quality wise, but they also include running commentary!"

Anyway, I'm still salivating at the thought of any new info, and kicking myself for coming back to the US. =)

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Replies:

Pollyanna
1512th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 04:22post reply

This report seems a little...ill informed and biased. Also, I'm a little bummed that it seems basically the same as VF4, since the changes between VF games are usually tremendous (and as good as VF4 is, people have played it enough).

But hey...I'm still excited.

Burning Ranger
1343th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 06:09post reply

If the in-game characters look as good as the renders, then I might get a 360 for this (but then again, I don't think Sega has officially announced this game as a 360 title).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Pollyanna
1514th Post

"Re(3):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 06:47post reply

quote:
If the in-game characters look as good as the renders, then I might get a 360 for this (but then again, I don't think Sega has officially announced this game as a 360 title).

I don't remember where, specifically, but I found videos quite easily. The renders look amazing, and the motion capture is excellent as well. It's easily the best-looking game I've seen without being needlessly flashy. It just has a beautiful sense of weight and substance.

If I recall, Sega said they didn't have plans for a home port, which is just a way to say "play the arcade version". I'm sure we'll see a port sooner or later.

GekigangerV
1190th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 12:18post reply

I hope that the Gameworks here gets VF5 when it comes out.

I was looking at the character renders on the offical VF site and I am loving them. Lau and Shun have some good looks. Jeffry kinda looks like Macho Man Randy Savage to me, the later nWo Savage that is. But it seems weird that, to me, Vanessa has turned white.

Undead Fred
2550th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 15:22post reply

quote:
But it seems weird that, to me, Vanessa has turned white.

Well, in those renders, she's pretty much the same color as Jeffry. As long as she doesn't have that retarded identical outfit issue that VF4E had over VF4 then I don't have any problems with her.

This is sort of off-topic, but those character renders look excellent. There are some weird veins poking out of their necks for no reason, but other than that, I'm liking them a lot.

Baines
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 16:57post reply

quote:
But it seems weird that, to me, Vanessa has turned white.
Well, in those renders, she's pretty much the same color as Jeffry.

Jeffrey looks darker than Vanessa. (He has larger highlight spots though. The Vanessa scan, unlike the rest, doesn't seem to have either strong lighting or strong shadows.)

Vanessa looks pretty close to Kage's face, even once you account for shading from the mask. She is also comparable to Brad.

The coloring of these scans matches the pictures of her from the earlier VF5 video as well.

Darker skin tones certainly do appear to be (unreasonably?) toned down across the board though. Accident? Intentional? (From other shots, Vanessa also lost her all of her well-defined muscles as well. An attempt to appeal to guys that don't like strongly muscular women?)

Undead Fred
2551th Post

"Re(7):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 17:20post reply

quote:
(From other shots, Vanessa also lost her all of her well-defined muscles as well. An attempt to appeal to guys that don't like strongly muscular women?)

They took her muscles away? Weak...

Bata kun
2742th Post

"Re(8):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 17:29:post reply

From what I've seen, I'm excited about this game, even though I've so lost my "VF" touch. Oh and as for Vanessa, why they did that is beyond me. I never found her attractive. She wasn't supposed to be anyway. She's supposed to be stylish if you ask me.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sun 27 Nov 17:31]

NARUTO
3306th Post

"Re(3):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 27 Nov 18:47post reply

quote:

I don't think it'll land on 360. why, becuase SEGA is targeting their release. they choose the home port depending on which country the game will be sucsessfull.
For exemple VF4 could have been done on Xbox, but no SEGA choose the PS2 becuse it's the most selled console in Japan and europe the biggest VF4 crowd...(in US MK sold better)

And car game are mostly to be done on Xbobx.
So IMO I think that VF5 will land on the PS3, and that HOTD4 and After burner on the 360...
Just my tought.

As for the game I'm pretty curious to try it...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

hikarutilmitt
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 01:24post reply

quote:
I hope that the Gameworks here gets VF5 when it comes out.

I was looking at the character renders on the offical VF site and I am loving them. Lau and Shun have some good looks. Jeffry kinda looks like Macho Man Randy Savage to me, the later nWo Savage that is. But it seems weird that, to me, Vanessa has turned white.

Well, since Gameworks is owned by SEGA now, apparently, chances are a lot better of seeing it show up here.

On the Vanessa thing, I think she looks better now due to lighting. She never struck me as a darker black person, more like a mulatto (sp?) or something, not dark like an islander like Jeff.

Hell, I can't get past Aoi's odd-looking haircut. :P It doesn't look bad, really, but I'm used to her having regular short hair or normal longer hair, not short hair with long sidelocks.

sabo10
1247th Post

"Re(6):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 03:30:post reply

christ there was so many fucking people at segaworld shinjuku it took 5 minutes to walk to the change machine and back

they had the whole place partitioned off strangely to make sure you couldn't get within 20 ft of the VF5 machines without waiting in line even if you just wanted to walk past to get the fuck out

christ

WE MUSTN'T INTERRUPT INTERCOURSE!!!

SACRED VF5 INTERCOURSE!!!

Segaworld shinjuku also has the biggest nazis for staff in any game center ever. I set my drink down on an adjacent arcade machine that I hadn't seen anyone use any time I had ever been there ever, and within a minute some fat midget sega fuck rollerskates out of a goddamned hole in the wall and starts hassling me about it.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Mon 28 Nov 03:43]

Ishmael
2308th Post

"Re(7):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 04:39post reply

I prefer sabo10's location report to the one from virtuafighter.com.

As for the teaser pics from virtuafighter.jp it still looks like Aoi can't decide whether she wants short hair or long hair and is stuck with a half grown out mess. Either her hair needs more body to it to pull that look off or she needs to stick with wearing a lioness head dress all the time. Also, while Lau still looks awesome, man, the years have not been good to the guy.

Undead Fred
2552th Post

"Re(8):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 06:54post reply

quote:
I prefer sabo10's location report to the one from virtuafighter.com.
Heh heh. Yeah, same here. It's much more to the point, and a lot more believable.

gorgeous
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 09:48post reply

quote:
I set my drink down on an adjacent arcade machine that I hadn't seen anyone use any time I had ever been there ever, and within a minute some fat midget sega fuck rollerskates out of a goddamned hole in the wall and starts hassling me about it.

that was you?
shit, you're a bigger dork than i am.
kudos on that.

sabo10
1248th Post

"Re(8):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 10:33:post reply

quote:
that was you?
kudos on that.

For the record, the dorkiest white guys in Japan are the ST players that go to MORE.

Were you really there though? I wasn't playing VF5, but I had my eyes peeled for New Gaming Journalists doing reports. I did see some guy that looked vaguely like Andrew Vestal.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Mon 28 Nov 10:41]

makatiel
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 13:28post reply

noooooooooooooooo! i was even in shinjuku on saturday but i didnt think to go to nishispo. nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

the changes sound pretty huge to me actually, almost like a full overhaul of the movement system. awesome.

gorgeous
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 15:50post reply

quote:
that was you?
kudos on that.

For the record, the dorkiest white guys in Japan are the ST players that go to MORE.

Were you really there though? I wasn't playing VF5, but I had my eyes peeled for New Gaming Journalists doing reports. I did see some guy that looked vaguely like Andrew Vestal.

Nah, I wasn't there.

And any guy that looks vaguely like Andrew Vestal is Andrew Vestal, by the way.

I'm so un-dorky that I don't even know what "ST" or "MORE" are.

Give us a call sometime! If you like sitting around and eating potatoes and/or rock and roll. I can invite you to a show. You'll have to pay to get in, though.

deisied
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 17:05post reply

It wasn't really the skin tone that stood out to me, it was the eyes and facial stucture a bit. Suddenly Aoi looks hispanic or something and Vanessa looks Japanese.

I don't know what I'm talking about.

sabo10
1249th Post

"Re(10):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 18:26post reply

ST = Street Fighter Super Turbo
MORE = Arcade popular amongst ST players in Shinjuku Moa.

Sure I'll give you a little ring the next time I see you on AIM!

gorgeous
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Mon 28 Nov 18:58post reply

quote:
ST = Street Fighter Super Turbo
MORE = Arcade popular amongst ST players in Shinjuku Moa.

Sure I'll give you a little ring the next time I see you on AIM!

I don't use AIM!
Though I guess you know that!

Arngrim
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Tue 29 Nov 02:13post reply

quote:
Suddenly Aoi looks hispanic or something and Vanessa looks Japanese.

Wow now that you mention that about Aoi it's true!!! She even resembles a friend of mine!! xDDD (I have to show her that cg)

I think changing Vanessa into a hottie isn't exactly the most intelligent move, I mean, she isn't supossed to be the typical sexy chick (we already have DOA for this), and to be above that cliché is what makes the concept of the character more interesting. Bring back her muscles! :P (and no, that's not one of my fetishes)

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Gojira
1873th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Tue 29 Nov 12:27post reply

How can you tell she doesn't have them from just that one shot? They're all covered with something.

I don't know why, but the character designer in VF4 seemed to have a weird sense of proportion. The muscles they gave Vanessa didn't look like the kind of muscles you'd see on a woman, even a really buff one. But I do think she should still have muscles, as long as they look right.

Well I'm looking forward to trying the luchadore anyway. I wish there was better info on him.

Iggy
7426th Post

"Re(8):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Tue 29 Nov 18:29post reply

quote:
Well I'm looking forward to trying the luchadore anyway. I wish there was better info on him.

His very thin facial hairs are all I need to know about him.
Finally, technology is able to fulfill my needs.

Nate
722th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(9):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Wed 30 Nov 00:10post reply

quote:

Don't forget the light shine of sweat on his back. Now that's technology at work, tohoho.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

kurushimi
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Wed 30 Nov 08:27post reply

quote:

What, Brad didn't do it for you? I guess Iggy likes the peach fuzz...

But wow, Pai and Sarah finally look "right" to me - for some reason, I always found something off about their looks, but it seems the technology's come far enough that they blend in with the rest of the cast now.

ZamIAm
1548th Post

"Re(7):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sat 3 Dec 12:24post reply

quote:
Darker skin tones certainly do appear to be (unreasonably?) toned down across the board though. Accident? Intentional? (From other shots, Vanessa also lost her all of her well-defined muscles as well. An attempt to appeal to guys that don't like strongly muscular women?)

Hate to say it, but I'm not even remotely surprised.

B.E.T. doesn't care about black people...

Undead Fred
2566th Post

"Re(8):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Sun 4 Dec 05:46post reply

quote:

What, the muscles or the skin tones?

ZamIAm
1549th Post

"Re(9):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Tue 6 Dec 11:16post reply

quote:

Both.

B.E.T. doesn't care about black people...

Undead Fred
2573th Post

"Re(10):Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test" , posted Tue 6 Dec 12:28post reply

quote:

Both.

Well, I think you're right about those skin tones. I mean, Jeffry's been dark-skinned for only four Virtua Fighter games. IT IS CONSPIRACY!!

Seriously though, if Vanessa's muscles are actually toned down, that would surprise me. I mean, they made Sarah kind of more built than usual in VF4, but the way they did Vanessa made me think that she was SUPPOSED to be really built... I guess I mean that it'd be the same effect as putting a giant beer belly on Billy Kane or something random like that that doesn't really fit the character design.