Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2952 Views )

Fuchikoma
1410th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:01post reply

Wow... just WOW! It took a little while to adjust to Sonic moving between the two screens... but beyond that this has to be the best Sonic title in a long time. I love the dash move, great music and sound, super graphics for a DS game... just overall fun blasting through the levels.

Hmmm maybe Shadow the Hedgehog won't suck.

Replies:

Red Falcon
5614th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:23post reply

quote:
Wow... just WOW! It took a little while to adjust to Sonic moving between the two screens... but beyond that this has to be the best Sonic title in a long time. I love the dash move, great music and sound, super graphics for a DS game... just overall fun blasting through the levels.

I don't even like handhelds, but the gimmicky DS is drawing me in... this game does look very nice, and I did have fun with the new Castlevania (for the little bit I got to play it) Maybe I'll just have to pick one up after all.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Abster
253th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:44post reply

I'm not really sure I want it. Blocky 3d models on a 2d atmosphere with less colorful detail than the Advance series and only 2 playable characters really kills the inspiration for this one.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Grahf
421th Post

Gold Customer

"OT: Regions?" , posted Thu 17 Nov 18:03post reply

On a somewhat related note, are there region restrictions on the DS? Will games I buy in China, Japan, or Hong Kong work on my American DS? Speaking of which, I can only assume the pirating community hasn't figured out the DS yet. All the games I've seen for sale in China have been legit unlike the much more common (and cheaper) GBA games.

A little more on topic, this game looks great. Everything I've heard about it so far makes it sound like everything I look for in a Sonic game.

Freeter
4320th Post

"Re(1):OT: Regions?" , posted Thu 17 Nov 18:16:post reply

quote:
On a somewhat related note, are there region restrictions on the DS? Will games I buy in China, Japan, or Hong Kong work on my American DS?

No, and yes.

*waits for Jump Superstars to arrive* *plays Jump Superstars, waits patiently for The Rub Rabbits, Xenosaga 1&2, Children of Mana, New Mario Bros., KOF DS, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, etc.*

[this message was edited by Freeter on Sat 19 Nov 08:21]

Iggy
7408th Post

"Re(2):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Thu 17 Nov 18:26post reply

quote:
Maybe I'll just have to pick one up after all.

Before you make your mind, remember they are working on a DS SP. If you can wait a few month, maybe it will worth it (or not).

Fuchikoma
1412th Post

"Re(1):OT: Regions?" , posted Fri 18 Nov 02:29:post reply

quote:
On a somewhat related note, are there region restrictions on the DS? Will games I buy in China, Japan, or Hong Kong work on my American DS? Speaking of which, I can only assume the pirating community hasn't figured out the DS yet. All the games I've seen for sale in China have been legit unlike the much more common (and cheaper) GBA games.

A little more on topic, this game looks great. Everything I've heard about it so far makes it sound like everything I look for in a Sonic game.

Actually it's no and no. DS is region free and there's multiple ways to play DS roms. You can use your old GBA flash cart (which I do) and boot using either hacked firmware or a passme card... or the G6 or M3 flash which lets you play roms from SD flash. One catch so far is you need an original cart to save that's equal to the size of the rom's save... so games like Mario Kart that use 2mb can't be saved using your free Metroid Prime demo.

edit- oh yeah and there's the Ideas emulator which can already emulate commercial roms, a public version that supports commercial roms will probably be released before the end of the year.

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Fri 18 Nov 02:37]

Arngrim
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):OT: Regions?" , posted Fri 18 Nov 04:34post reply

I've seen some information on this game and I also have high expectations on this.

The new rival/partner seems to be Blaze the Cat, which is another dimension's Master Emerald guard (sort of Knuckels).

Funny is, she is lilac as Big was... are all the cats in Sonic's world lilac? (just kidding)

In other news: I still prefer Rouge, and no, I'm not into furry.

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Fuchikoma
1412th Post

"Shadow of the Hedgehog" , posted Fri 18 Nov 13:06post reply

While I'm a big fan of the Sonic Advance games... I like the overall pace of Sonic Rush better... it just seems faster and more action.

My verdict is still out on Shadow the Hedgehog... the game starts off on a really bad note. Any time you select something on the menu it makes a gunshot sound.... strike 1.... there's no option for Japanese voices... strike 2... but as for the actual gameplay... I can't really tell if I like it or not. So far I've enjoyed it more than Sonic Heroes... but that's not saying too much.

Ishmael
2299th Post

"Re(3):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Sat 19 Nov 01:15post reply

quote:
Maybe I'll just have to pick one up after all.
Before you make your mind, remember they are working on a DS SP. If you can wait a few month, maybe it will worth it (or not).

I've seen rumors that the DS might have its look redesigned but nothing saying anything about a change to the internal hardware. Are there hints out there about an upgraded system?

Ugh, I have no need for a portable gaming device but the unique interface and the games on the DS look so appealing it's all I can do to keep from picking one up. If a DS with a shiny new paint job comes out and makes the standard DS drop to a lower price I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold out.

Mokona
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Sat 19 Nov 02:09post reply

I feel exactly like you Ishmael.
Heck I'm a lefty and I'm not even sure I could use the darn thing 100%.
But Gyakuten Saiban in english, plus nintendogs, Mario Kart DS (online...) etc. it's getting hard to resist, and like you, I don't need a handheld (I don't take bus or anything of the sort... I'd play it at home like my PS2 or DC...)

Blah!

Pollyanna
1506th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Sat 19 Nov 03:48post reply

I have no reason to own a portable system, because I work at home at hate road trips. I also hate Nintendo and thought the DS was a dumb idea. But...I think buying a DS is the best thing I've done in years. I can't say enough nice things about the system. I think all the best games of the year, excluding Shadow of the Collosus are on the DS. (though I might be forgetting something)

Mokona
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Sat 19 Nov 04:15post reply

I'll start saving (or ask my wife for one at Xmas... though I doubt that's what she'll buy)

Blah!

Ishmael
2300th Post

"Re(7):Sonic Rush = Bestest Sonic!" , posted Sat 19 Nov 04:33post reply

Man, this board is terrible for my self-control.

Fuchikoma
1413th Post

"Me no likey the Shadow" , posted Sat 19 Nov 18:17post reply

I gave Shadow the Hedgehog a fair shot... but it's just crap. We all knew the presentation and premise of the game was pretty bad... but unfortunately it's backed up by terrible gameplay. Having the gun is pretty pointless... you can't manually aim, you just shoot in the general direction of a target and it's just easier to use Shadow's jumping attacks anyway. Shooting also kills the pace of the game because you have to stop to shoot... but they didn't decrease Shadow's speed at all... so you run really fast, then come to a dead stop, shoot... then run again... it just entirely ruins the pace of the game. Vehicles are hard to control and equally as pointless... why do I want to drive a jeep when Shadow can run faster?

At this point I don't even know if it's worth playing through the game to learn Shadow's origin... if the early cut scenes are any indication of the story... it's likely not worth finding out anyway. It's strange how Sonic Team can release one of the best Sonic titles and one of the worst Sonic titles within a couple days of eachother.

Bootation
494th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Me no likey the Shadow" , posted Tue 22 Nov 12:05post reply

quote:
I gave Shadow the Hedgehog a fair shot... but it's just crap. We all knew the presentation and premise of the game was pretty bad... but unfortunately it's backed up by terrible gameplay. Having the gun is pretty pointless... you can't manually aim, you just shoot in the general direction of a target and it's just easier to use Shadow's jumping attacks anyway. Shooting also kills the pace of the game because you have to stop to shoot... but they didn't decrease Shadow's speed at all... so you run really fast, then come to a dead stop, shoot... then run again... it just entirely ruins the pace of the game. Vehicles are hard to control and equally as pointless... why do I want to drive a jeep when Shadow can run faster?

At this point I don't even know if it's worth playing through the game to learn Shadow's origin... if the early cut scenes are any indication of the story... it's likely not worth finding out anyway. It's strange how Sonic Team can release one of the best Sonic titles and one of the worst Sonic titles within a couple days of eachother.

I dunno from what i have seen the game looks pretty good. At least it doesnt have big the cat. I think its just cool to diss on shadow the hedgehog right now. Kinda like its cool for lemmings to jump off cliffs periodically.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage