Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone else - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2107 Views )

GekigangerV
1184th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone else" , posted Thu 17 Nov 09:11post reply

Yo Sano, a while ago you posted a link to some people who were translating Ryu Final. I was wondering if you could hook me up with that link again as I am intersted in reading it.

Plus I was wondering if anyone knew of any online shops where you can get Sakura Ganbaru! I am looking trying to relay that to some other people.

Replies:

Maese Spt
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:21post reply

quote:
Plus I was wondering if anyone knew of any online shops where you can get Sakura Ganbaru! I am looking trying to relay that to some other people.

I´ve always wondered if Sakura Ganbaru is actually just a hentai dôjinshi or has a less mundane content. I´ve read contradictory versions about this issue and I´m a bit confused.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Arngrim
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:50post reply

Isn't Sakura Ganbaru the spin-off manga series were Karin Kanzuki was introduces?

I think that due to the popularity of that character she starred in SF Zero 3.

So it is not hentai as far as I know. It could be very fanservicey though.

Only for the fact that Karin Kanzuki was introduced there I must read it, anyways.

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Maou
733th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:53post reply

Yes.
Everything Arngrim says is right as far as I know. It's definitely not 18nup stuff. I don't remember officially how Capcom was involved to the point that Karin was converted from comic character to SFZero3 chara, but if this keeps getting bumped, Spoon or Sano or somebody will surely know that backstory, too. They've answered it before, probably about half a year ago I think.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:54post reply

quote:
Isn't Sakura Ganbaru the spin-off manga series were Karin Kanzuki was introduces?

Yeah, I was well aware of that but, still, I´m not %100 sure about the hentai content. I even don´t know if it´s a dôjinshi or a sort of official adaptation.

Arngrim
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:59post reply

Well, I've seen some scans I think, the artwork isn't really anything outstanding, but decent.

And the genre, by the looks, is most definetely 100% shonen.

GekigangerV
1187th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 09:17post reply

quote:

Yeah, I was well aware of that but, still, I´m not %100 sure about the hentai content. I even don´t know if it´s a dôjinshi or a sort of official adaptation.

It is an offically licensed manga. It was done by the same person who did that Cammy manga that viz released years ago.

There is no hentai content and fan service is limited to the upskirt shots that the games provide. However there is a weird part at the end of the first volume. It is a picture profile of Karin. It starts off normal outlining certain parts of Karin's uniform and body. Like she has an earpiece that relays data to her butler and he gloves are custom made, but then it points to her chooch and below it says something like "It is her secret garden" which was really weird when I first saw it.

HAYATO
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Fri 18 Nov 17:17post reply

quote:

There is no hentai content and fan service is limited to the upskirt shots that the games provide. However there is a weird part at the end of the first volume. It is a picture profile of Karin. It starts off normal outlining certain parts of Karin's uniform and body. Like she has an earpiece that relays data to her butler and he gloves are custom made, but then it points to her chooch and below it says something like "It is her secret garden" which was really weird when I first saw it.

Then, it's time to beg for a link...

OMG Link PLZ!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!

Ishmael
2298th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Sat 19 Nov 01:05post reply

quote:

It is an offically licensed manga. It was done by the same person who did that Cammy manga that viz released years ago.

Right, most all the SF manga by Nakahira are real, honest to goodness, official manga and could be purchased in a store just like you would Tetsuwan Atom or Iron Wok Jan. I know Nakahira's manga sometimes shows up on eBay -that's where I managed to pick his stuff up at least- but at the moment I don't know of anyone who has the old collections in stock. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

When thinking about the Sakura volumes, I always liked that Dan ended up with Chun-Li, Cammy and Sakura as traveling companions. Mr. Hibiki may not be the best fighter in the world but when it comes to other things he knows exactly what he is doing.

Arngrim
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Sat 19 Nov 01:16post reply

quote:

I always liked that Dan ended up with Chun-Li, Cammy and Sakura as traveling companions. Mr. Hibiki may not be the best fighter in the world but when it comes to other things he knows exactly what he is doing.

Wow!! really??? That's a pretty big kick to the "official" canon story xDDD

So did you read the whole story?? What's the plot? What happens with Karin at the end? At this rate, I can believe anything ^^U

Ishmael
2301th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(7):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Sat 19 Nov 05:14post reply

quote:
Wow!! really??? That's a pretty big kick to the "official" canon story xDDD

So did you read the whole story?? What's the plot? What happens with Karin at the end? At this rate, I can believe anything ^^U

This is only a quick summary since I don't have the manga in front of me and I haven't looked through them in awhile. The first volume features Sakura starting out on her quest to become a fighter after getting saved by Ryu during the SFZero manga. Along the way she learns how to control chi from Dan, meets her rival Karin and competes in a fighting tournament put on by Kanzuki Foundation. Fights include Sakura sparring with Karin, Lee, Maki, and Ken. The second volume features Dan and Sakura setting off to better their skills and eventually challenge Sagat and Ryu. Along the way they meet up with or try to beat up Balrog, Gen, Zangief, Chun-Li and Cammy. There are also Sakura stories that didn't get collected in the volumes such as the CvS special where Sakura fought fellow high schooler Kyo and Karin mistreats Shingo and a doujin featuring Sakura and Karin fighting at their graduation.

Arngrim
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Sat 19 Nov 05:20post reply

quote:

There are also Sakura stories that didn't get collected in the volumes such as the CvS special where Sakura fought fellow high schooler Kyo and Karin mistreats Shingo and a doujin featuring Sakura and Karin fighting at their graduation.

Wow thanks!!! it looks awesome!! I wish somebody would scanlate it T__T

Maese Spt
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Hey Sano! + manga import Q for everyone" , posted Tue 22 Nov 21:01post reply

quote:

This is only a quick summary since I don't have the manga in front of me and I haven't looked through them in awhile. The first volume features Sakura starting out on her quest to become a fighter after getting saved by Ryu during the SFZero manga. Along the way she learns how to control chi from Dan, meets her rival Karin and competes in a fighting tournament put on by Kanzuki Foundation. Fights include Sakura sparring with Karin, Lee, Maki, and Ken. The second volume features Dan and Sakura setting off to better their skills and eventually challenge Sagat and Ryu. Along the way they meet up with or try to beat up Balrog, Gen, Zangief, Chun-Li and Cammy. There are also Sakura stories that didn't get collected in the volumes such as the CvS special where Sakura fought fellow high schooler Kyo and Karin mistreats Shingo and a doujin featuring Sakura and Karin fighting at their graduation.

Nice summary.

No hentai, not even noteworthy fanservice, then.