NARUTO
3290th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 00:54post reply

quote:
Too many, too furious.

Credits go to Za Hagué.

thanks to you and Olivier for the link, but just a question Iggy, who is the rugal wannabe in your avatar??

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Kikkoken
1035th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 01:24:post reply

Blanka and Doraemon frighten me...
And, Naruto, check the 'Zombies vs Ambulances' thread to get Nate's clues concerning Iggy's av.

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Thu 17 Nov 01:25]

Nate
716th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 03:36post reply

quote:
but just a question Iggy, who is the rugal wannabe in your avatar??

If you have to ask, you'll never know. You can hope to someday know who he is though. Someday.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Arngrim
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 03:46post reply

Wow!! Tamaki vs Karin!!! I can't wait to see that combat!!! wait... i hope the match will take place in To Heart 2 XRATED! xD

Also the Nodoka vs Negi has striked me... I would have never thought of it (despite in some H-Doujin). Hehe... that people has way too much imagination (and free time).

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

IkariDC
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 04:41post reply

Yeah, great stuff! But, can you really create decent looking characters? I think I haven't seen any...

Pollyanna
1501th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 06:03post reply

quote:
Yeah, great stuff! But, can you really create decent looking characters? I think I haven't seen any...

Yes. Not men, though. The men are mostly pretty hideous. The women aren't great, but...better. I would say it's more about novelty than creating good characters, though. (I assume you can tell that much).

Spoon
1232th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 07:47post reply

quote:

Yes. Not men, though. The men are mostly pretty hideous. The women aren't great, but...better. I would say it's more about novelty than creating good characters, though. (I assume you can tell that much).

I thought the Adol-JP/Adol-USA one was pretty hilarious... that and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts Arthur.

Have you people seen the Rival Schools ones? Some of them are surprisingly accurate.

Pollyanna
1502th Post

"Re(7):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 08:47post reply

quote:

I thought the Adol-JP/Adol-USA one was pretty hilarious... that and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts Arthur.

I'm glad that someone in Japan appreciates that. I didn't think to make men as women. It works if they have a breastplate, I suppose. I don't like my men with breasts.

Burning Ranger
1333th Post

"Re(8):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:27:post reply

Bill...Gates?

And you can unlock KOS-MOS accessories? Interesting...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Thu 17 Nov 12:29]

crazymike
1188th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(9):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:35post reply

Nostradamus!

sabo10
1240th Post

"Re(10):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:45post reply

Iggy, your avatar is like a shining beacon of hope soaring amongst a darkened sky.

Iggy
7407th Post

"Re(8):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 18:23post reply

Sabo10 : I'm all wet now.

quote:
I don't like my men with breasts.

That reminds me of the novel I was reading yesterday, where there was something like "She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, beside the fact she was a man".

Maese Spt
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 20:01post reply

Most of these characters are sheer abominations and their perpetrators should be boiled in oil... But, on a second thought, Rasputin is just priceless and Tokugawa Yoshimune is pure gold *add random MatsuKen love here*.

Nah, seriously, I guess such variety of options is very laudable. In fact, it looks like the character editor is complete enough to make a decent portrait of Bu Jing Yun, Sword Saint and even Nameless, and that´s just what I wanted. Neeeeat.

P.S.
I hate to admit it, but the two Saint Seiya-esque guys looked pretty good...

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Ammadeau
1457th Post

"Re(8):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 21:20post reply

quote:
I'm glad that someone in Japan appreciates that. I didn't think to make men as women. It works if they have a breastplate, I suppose. I don't like my men with breasts.

The women you make in Soul Calibur III don't have breasts anyway, so where's the problem? Well, I assume they have breasts from the bra options, but Maxi looks better endowed then they are.

It's still a lot of fun to mess around with the character creator though. I just beat the three shop girls so that unlocked a bunch of maid-related options. I actually wish I had more male options because one of the characters they give you in CotS is a fashion nightmare. My main character is pretty hip though, but I might drop his cape.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Ishmael
2297th Post

"Re(9):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Thu 17 Nov 23:21post reply

The character creation thing has a lot of options but for me I suspect the characters I'm creating say more about my personal tastes and fetishes than I'm really comfortable with. The temptation to make joke characters is also very high, as the link that Iggy provided proves. I probably didn't need to make Kris "Killer" Kringle but the holiday season is coming up so I figured this year Saint Nick is going to be handing out beat downs to the naughty little boys and girls. It's almost like there's something built into the game engine that promotes this kind of mentality.

quote:
I actually wish I had more male options because one of the characters they give you in CotS is a fashion nightmare.

For me I found that CotS worked a lot better when I didn't depend on the revolving cast of characters and made my own group of helpers. Having my own personal army of goons who obey my every whim makes that part of the game run much more smoothly.

Ammadeau
1458th Post

"Re(10):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Fri 18 Nov 03:49post reply

quote:
For me I found that CotS worked a lot better when I didn't depend on the revolving cast of characters and made my own group of helpers. Having my own personal army of goons who obey my every whim makes that part of the game run much more smoothly.

Besides my main, I'm actually using the cast they give you, but with completely different outfits. Since they're part of the story they seem a little more interesting to me.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Maese Spt
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Fri 18 Nov 05:18post reply

quote:
The character creation thing has a lot of options but for me I suspect the characters I'm creating say more about my personal tastes and fetishes than I'm really comfortable with.

I have to try the game yet (one more week to go), but I can say you have a point there!

Well, actually, the original cast already fulfills ALL my personal tastes and fetishes (heck, in fact Taki alone fulfills 3/4 of them!!), so I guess I would concentrate my efforts on making funny characters and/or Storm Riders guys clones. I´m eager to do that...

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Pollyanna
1504th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Fri 18 Nov 06:20post reply

I raped the dignity of all the characters in the CotS mode by stealing their pants and giving them silly accessories.

It's pretty easy to make a perfect Dracula, by the way.

Siegfried
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):100 Calibur 3 characters" , posted Fri 18 Nov 08:28post reply

Just as I knew even before trying the game, CAS is only as good as you make it. Most people make random joke characters in weird colors. I've done my best to create original characters. Have a look, mine are the first eight shown on this page:

http://soulcalibur3.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=658&start=320

Putting silly faces and tights on everyone generally isn't a good start, by the way.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/