Shinobido Imashime - Spike's Answer to Tenchu - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1807 Views )

KTallguy
765th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Shinobido Imashime - A new Tenchu?" , posted Tue 15 Nov 07:52:post reply

Anyone know anything about this game? I stumbled on a trailer at Gametrailers.com and it looks like is has an interesting system. Maybe it can add something to the Tenchu formula... I don't know.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard of this game at all? It's supposedly out this month!

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Tue 15 Nov 07:55]

Replies:

exodus
3089th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Shinobido Imashime - A new Tenchu?" , posted Tue 15 Nov 08:07post reply

yeah, it's by the original tenchu guys, and follows the 'way of the samurai' formula, in that you can choose a clan/more freedom/different missions and stuff.

I never play these games, but I talked to the president, and he owns 5 ninja suits.

KTallguy
765th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Shinobido Imashime - A new Tenchu?" , posted Tue 15 Nov 08:09post reply

quote:
yeah, it's by the original tenchu guys, and follows the 'way of the samurai' formula, in that you can choose a clan/more freedom/different missions and stuff.

I never play these games, but I talked to the president, and he owns 5 ninja suits.

Wow, five? That's pretty hardcore.

My friend in Japan is like a Tenchu MASTER. He blazes through the levels in 2 minutes, doing triple stealth kills and whatnot. I'm sure he's already on this one. =)

I'm curious if the combat system has been enhanced or not, and whether or not you can play 2 players like in Tenchu 3. I enjoyed the 2 player games, with throw escapes and dodging, it was fun.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Ishmael
2294th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Shinobido Imashime - A new Tenchu?" , posted Tue 15 Nov 23:55post reply

It appears as if when you are hanging off an edge you can reach up and pitch any guards above you off into the void below. That's a nice improvement from Tenchu where you would have to climb up, kill them, and then manually pitch their dead ass off the ledge. I'm hoping this game makes it over to the US. Since Samurai Western was somehow localized I'm guessing Shinobido Imashime has a good chance... although I'm guessing it will end up with a more Western name.

Makondo99
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Shinobido Imashime - A new Tenchu?" , posted Wed 16 Nov 04:25post reply

quote:
It appears as if when you are hanging off an edge you can reach up and pitch any guards above you off into the void below. That's a nice improvement from Tenchu where you would have to climb up, kill them, and then manually pitch their dead ass off the ledge. ...

I liked how in the video the male ninja drowns a guard in a small stream. I think in most Tenchus guards never could touch water or it was an instant kill or something. Or was it water the only way you could harm the "Tenchu-Immortal-Cats" TM? Man, it's been a long time since I played a Tenchu game and my memory is fuzzy...
Talking about "Shinobido", it looks pretty, hum, blocky. Guess that's a trademark of the Tenchu team :p