WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes away - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2709 Views )

GekigangerV
1184th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes away" , posted Mon 14 Nov 05:21:post reply

I know several people here are prowrestling fans and I was shocked to find out that Eddie Guerrero passed away.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

It is truly surprising since he just competed on Smackdown for the Survivor Series spot. He was definetly one of my favorite wrestlers. I enjoyed his gimmicks(especially the "If you're not cheating, you're not trying time) and wrestling ability.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Mon 14 Nov 05:24]

Replies:

Riskbreaker
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 07:23:post reply

Eddie was definetly one my favorite wrestlers! I just watched the press conference with Vince and Chavo regarding Eddie's death. It was sad to hear that prior to his death he celebrated his fourth year in remaining sober against drugs/alcohol. RIP Eddie

[this message was edited by Riskbreaker on Mon 14 Nov 07:26]

crazymike
1185th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 08:05post reply

This came as a shock to me too, he was one of my favorite wrestlers even going back to WCW.

Adon
1548th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 09:05post reply

quote:
This came as a shock to me too, he was one of my favorite wrestlers even going back to WCW.

This industry has quite a curse on this. Not to make light of the past deaths but I think this was the biggest shock yet. I had the honor to see Eddie at Summerslam this past summer in the Ladder Match with Rey and I think that was the best matches there that night. I took the most photos of that match. What a real terrible tragedy. He was in his Prime and had so many more memorable moments.

Gojira
1868th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 09:21post reply

What?! How? The guy was just wrestling this last week. Damn, that's really terrible to think his last match angle had him getting "hit by a chair and receiving a concussion." I hope they don't try to start an angle that Ken Kennedy killed Eddie Guerrero. That would be in really bad taste. Which means it's probably high on their list already.

Also when I clicked on that link I was greeted with a click-through ad for Land of the Dead. That's real nice. -_-

Iron D
2679th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 12:34post reply

Eddie was...no...IS my favorite wrestler ever. Number 1. I don't have much time to post anything or I'd do a much longer and more elaborate post than this, but at least I have the chance to get this off my chest.

RIP EDDIE GUERRERO! In life or death, you are the MAN! The WWE will be a completely different promotion without him, for me personally.

Zelkin. Pimped.

Shingo The One
665th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Mon 14 Nov 14:55post reply

quote:
I know several people here are prowrestling fans and I was shocked to find out that Eddie Guerrero passed away.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

It is truly surprising since he just competed on Smackdown for the Survivor Series spot. He was definetly one of my favorite wrestlers. I enjoyed his gimmicks(especially the "If you're not cheating, you're not trying time) and wrestling ability.

Oh my God, I so cannot believe this. It just can't be that one of the greatest wrestlers that the WWE has had in recent memory has made a unwanted curtain call from this world. Ever since I have Smackdown on TV, all the time I see one wrestler above all others, and that was him. His personality, his style, his mannerisms, everything about him was, is and always will be one-of-a-kind. I just hope that at Wrestlemania 22, the WWE give him the definitive accolade: the Hall of Fame.
Rest In Peace amigo. Vaya Con Dios. Viva La Raza!

LOVE AND PEACE

Hungrywolf
3087th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Tue 15 Nov 03:47post reply

I always liked Eddie, since watching him in the WCW. He was one of my favorite wrestlers, and it's sad to see him go. I was shocked at the news. He will definately be missed.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Hagen de Merak
904th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Tue 15 Nov 09:42post reply

although i wasnt much of a fan once he started with the WWE it certainly sucks to see yet another wrestler pass away so soon. I loved his work in ECW and WCW, i'll never forget his match against Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havoc 97. Awesome match.

Baines
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Wed 16 Nov 12:05post reply

quote:
This industry has quite a curse on this.

Hardly unexpected when you have the steroid abuse of professional body-building combined with a job environment that encourages reliance on pain killers. And that is without even getting into things like the use of stimulants and sleep aids in order to keep to schedules.

My guess is Eddie's final autopsy will peg something like heart failure, like so many other wrestlers that bulked up in a matter of weeks.

(Heck, this is an industry where Buff Bagwell *wasn't* paralyzed because steriod use has built his neck muscles to such an abnormal point that his neck wasn't broken.)

Adon
1549th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero passes awa" , posted Wed 16 Nov 15:51post reply

quote:
This industry has quite a curse on this.

Hardly unexpected when you have the steroid abuse of professional body-building combined with a job environment that encourages reliance on pain killers. And that is without even getting into things like the use of stimulants and sleep aids in order to keep to schedules.

My guess is Eddie's final autopsy will peg something like heart failure, like so many other wrestlers that bulked up in a matter of weeks.

(Heck, this is an industry where Buff Bagwell *wasn't* paralyzed because steriod use has built his neck muscles to such an abnormal point that his neck wasn't broken.)

An autopsy did conclude that his abuses with his schedule caused his heart to fail. His heart actually got larger and had to work harder. As far as offering a reasonable explanation then yeah maybe you suspect some of these things but I still think it goes somewhat beyond that. There has been way too many pro wrestling deaths and not all have been drugs and pain killers.