Japanese Needs Braces - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2090 Views )

Juke Joint Jezebel
3484th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 09:23post reply

Link Here

so yeah, i was wondering, if i jump to Silent Hill 3, without playing 1 or 2, am i going to die?

Replies:

Gojira
1867th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 09:31post reply

Link: gross.

And playing Silent Hill 3 without playing 1 and 2, the only thing 1 and 2 will do is prepare you for the really slow pacing that's supposed to make it scary.

Undead Fred
2524th Post

"Re(1):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 10:57post reply

quote:
Link Here

so yeah, i was wondering, if i jump to Silent Hill 3, without playing 1 or 2, am i going to die?

I'd say you should play 1 or 2 before 3 just because there's more outdoor stuff in the first two... not sure if the third one will change how you play the first two if you ever went back to them. Of course, my vote is that you play all of them in order, but I don't know if you can get all of them and if you have the time for that. If you just play one of them though, then 3's a good one to choose.

sabo10
1236th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 15:57post reply

dental plan

Digitalboy
258th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 19:56post reply

quote:
dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Radish
3080th Post

"Re(4):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Thu 10 Nov 20:35post reply

quote:
dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

dental plan

exodus
3074th Post

"Re(5):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 04:26post reply

*drops pencil bewtixt radish's buttcheeks*

afrojesus
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 05:51post reply

quote:
Link Here

Since Silent Hill 1 is a direct prequel to Silent Hill 3, I think it'd be almost a nessecity to play those two in order.

altimus
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 06:02post reply

omg you guys are ruining it.

quote:
dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

dental plan

Lisa needs braces

exodus
3075th Post

"Re(6):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 06:06post reply

quote:
omg you guys are ruining it.

hmm, but I already ended it with the pencil drop.

Undead Fred
2526th Post

"Re(3):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 07:41:post reply

quote:
dental plan

Echoing in my head...

quote:
Since Silent Hill 1 is a direct prequel to Silent Hill 3, I think it'd be almost a nessecity to play those two in order.
You don't really have to, but since you weren't supposed to know that it was a continuation going into the game, then I didn't want to spoil anything by saying that.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Fri 11 Nov 07:43]

afrojesus
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 12:39post reply

quote:
dental plan

Echoing in my head...

Since Silent Hill 1 is a direct prequel to Silent Hill 3, I think it'd be almost a nessecity to play those two in order.You don't really have to, but since you weren't supposed to know that it was a continuation going into the game, then I didn't want to spoil anything by saying that.

the game itself has been out for over 2 years(SH3) and if someone wants to play it, they might as well start with the original, since it hasnt aged well compared to the other entries in the series(sans 4, which is garbage)

Undead Fred
2526th Post

"Re(5):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 13:10post reply

quote:
the game itself has been out for over 2 years(SH3) and if someone wants to play it, they might as well start with the original, since it hasnt aged well compared to the other entries in the series(sans 4, which is garbage)

I agree. Well, can't really hold any graphic issues against the first one since it's from an old system... but it was pretty good graphics for its time.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3487th Post

"Re(4):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 15:51post reply

quote:
You don't really have to, but since you weren't supposed to know that it was a continuation going into the game, then I didn't want to spoil anything by saying that.

THANKS JERK

first thing tomorrow, i'm gonna punch Lenny in the back of the head

afrojesus
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 19:06post reply

quote:
THANKS JERK

first thing tomorrow, i'm gonna punch Lenny in the back of the head

lol, if you didnt know that by now, then it's your fault for not being worldly enough about the genre/series you are interested in.

Undead Fred
2528th Post

"Re(6):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 20:32post reply

quote:
lol, if you didnt know that by now, then it's your fault for not being worldly enough about the genre/series you are interested in.

Well, since that was kind of the twist to SH3, then it's not one of those things you should have really researched in the first place. It's like being interested in Seven, but reading about the head in the box before you even see the movie. Even though the movie's old by now, it still takes the impact out of the package of horror.

You're not supposed to know about twists in advance; that's why they're twists.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3488th Post

"Re(6):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Fri 11 Nov 22:16post reply

quote:

oh shiet, did i get zinged?

afrojesus
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 07:23post reply

quote:
Well, since that was kind of the twist to SH3, then it's not one of those things you should have really researched in the first place. It's like being interested in Seven, but reading about the head in the box before you even see the movie. Even though the movie's old by now, it still takes the impact out of the package of horror.

You're not supposed to know about twists in advance; that's why they're twists.

all i said was that they were directly related. i never dropped ANY names(which i could have). this is just as "hurtful" as telling someone that 2 and 4 are "related". hell, by this account all SH games are "related" due to the inner workings of the town and all that jazz.

and, if you would have never played through the first title, any kind of emotional impact of the third game would have been completely lost on you...which would have lessened the experience.

it's like me telling you that Toy Story 1 is related to Toy Story 2, except that i never tell you HOW in any way.

Undead Fred
2529th Post

"Re(8):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 11:45post reply

quote:
all i said was that they were directly related. i never dropped ANY names(which i could have). this is just as "hurtful" as telling someone that 2 and 4 are "related". hell, by this account all SH games are "related" due to the inner workings of the town and all that jazz.

and, if you would have never played through the first title, any kind of emotional impact of the third game would have been completely lost on you...which would have lessened the experience.

it's like me telling you that Toy Story 1 is related to Toy Story 2, except that i never tell you HOW in any way.

Well, you said SH1 is a direct prequel to SH3. It's true that if you play SH3 first and didn't know anything about SH1 then you won't really see the connection between the two games, but I'm just saying it's still a spoiler since you're not supposed to know those two are directly related when you start playing. And since the other games aren't linked to each other aside from the town itself (SH4 doesn't really count... they had a bunch of empty references to the other games that didn't really have any impact on the story), then there's no reason to think SH3 was related.

Grave
930th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(9):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 11:57post reply

spike dies

altimus
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 12:32:post reply

quote:
Link Here

You will if you play it with riddle mode on hard.

BTW, the game is only really fun when you have the sexy beam. `~`

[this message was edited by altimus on Sat 12 Nov 12:33]

Undead Fred
2530th Post

"Re(2):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 13:31post reply

quote:
You will if you play it with riddle mode on hard.
Oh my GOD, those hard puzzles... SH3 only really had a couple of puzzles, but the hard versions were like hitting a wall for me. I could mostly figure them out, but there was always some element to them that I wouldn't catch... but I still really wanted to figure them out for myself, so I had to get a friend of mine to read a FAQ off of the web and then think up a hint to try and help me... it was bad.

altimus
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 14:43post reply

quote:
You will if you play it with riddle mode on hard.Oh my GOD, those hard puzzles... SH3 only really had a couple of puzzles, but the hard versions were like hitting a wall for me. I could mostly figure them out, but there was always some element to them that I wouldn't catch... but I still really wanted to figure them out for myself, so I had to get a friend of mine to read a FAQ off of the web and then think up a hint to try and help me... it was bad.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like for the Shakespeare one. You can know what all of the plays are about, but then they throw in that hidden multiplier rule with regards to the "form" of the poetry. Gah

The woman's face riddle in the hospital.. I hope that whoever thought of that one wears a big fat PSYCHOPATH sticker when dating women.

Undead Fred
2531th Post

"Re(4):Japanese Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 15:35post reply

quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Like for the Shakespeare one. You can know what all of the plays are about, but then they throw in that hidden multiplier rule with regards to the "form" of the poetry. Gah

The woman's face riddle in the hospital.. I hope that whoever thought of that one wears a big fat PSYCHOPATH sticker when dating women.

Heh heh heh heh. Yeah, I know. I picture the guy who wrote the face puzzle putting an "I LIEK U DO U LIEK ME CHECK YES OR NO" at the end of the text. Heh heh.

The puzzle that wins the gold for mind-bending madness is the bird puzzle, though. The trick to it was so vague and convoluted that I had to look them up online after my friend gave me the tip and that STILL didn't really help.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3489th Post

"Re(8):MrWhitefolks Needs Braces" , posted Sat 12 Nov 18:00post reply

quote:

lol internet. way to troll, shitface. i didn't think i needed to spend more than twenty seconds writing a single reply for this thread, but i guess since you're gonna get all internet tough guy on me, i'll give some explanation

i asked in the first place because Fred told me he liked the third Silent Hill. there's a lot of games and shit out there where you can play/watch one in the series without ruining the rest, even if they are linked by some kind of story. shit, they're playing Deathwish 4 on tv? And haven't seen the first three yet??? WELL YOU"RE IN LUCK

some sequels can be enjoyed as an entity of their own without a huge extensive story to back them up

sabo10
1237th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):MrWhitefolks Needs Braces" , posted Sun 13 Nov 01:38post reply

JJJ your anger makes you beautiful.

afrojesus
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):MrWhitefolks Needs Braces" , posted Sun 13 Nov 21:24post reply

quote:

lol internet. way to troll, shitface. i didn't think i needed to spend more than twenty seconds writing a single reply for this thread, but i guess since you're gonna get all internet tough guy on me, i'll give some explanation

i asked in the first place because Fred told me he liked the third Silent Hill. there's a lot of games and shit out there where you can play/watch one in the series without ruining the rest, even if they are linked by some kind of story. shit, they're playing Deathwish 4 on tv? And haven't seen the first three yet??? WELL YOU"RE IN LUCK

some sequels can be enjoyed as an entity of their own without a huge extensive story to back them up

wow, someone caught internet feelings off of that response, lol.

1)this series is directly related(1 and 3) and you would have spoiled yourself by playing SH3 before SH1.

2)im not trying to be any type of "internet toughguy". i'm just a dick 100% of the time. now, if you have some deep rooted hatred of the jocks that made fun of you in highschool; take it up with yer county psych instead of bringing the drama to a forum. thanks.

3)either way you'll enjoy every single silent hill in it's own way. however; enjoying silent hill 4 takes a bit of a stretch(even for people like myself who LOVE the series) as it's convoluted as hell and doesnt feel anything like a SH game.