Original message (2262 Views )

Kikkoken
1029th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"(Spoiler inside) in Mario Kart DS!" , posted Mon 7 Nov 19:40:post reply

This made my day:
http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-5526.html
The nostlagic fool that I am is so pleased with this I want to walk down the street naked, with feathers in my hair, and scream.
(I suggest we replace the gross phrase 'wet/cream my pants' with this new trope.)
What on earth made them unearth this so cute, though, useless, ageless piece of plastic? That is a great move to appeal to the 30-y-old clientelen, anyway. Now we can wonder if it augurs a reissue of the robot, or the release of a "Super Robot ROB" game. Way to go Nintendo, give me more surprises like this.
(Come to think of it, maybe the first idea for the Revolution was actually based on an upgraded version of ROB -shudders-)

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Mon 7 Nov 19:43]

Replies:

Iggy
7388th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):(Spoiler inside) in Mario Kart DS!" , posted Mon 7 Nov 21:07post reply

quote:
The nostlagic fool that I am is so pleased with this I want to walk down the street naked, with feathers in my hair, and scream.
(I suggest we replace the gross phrase 'wet/cream my pants' with this new trope.)

The problem with your proposition is that people won't seee the difference with your usual self (which is the reason I never use "cream my pants".

Also, I'm all for the idea of ROB being in Mario Kart. My only problem is that I never liked Mario Kart.

Hurrah Hurrah Apocalypse Extravaganza !

Radish
3077th Post

"Re(2):(Spoiler inside) in Mario Kart DS!" , posted Mon 7 Nov 21:14post reply

quote:
The problem with your proposition is that people won't seee the difference with your usual self (which is the reason I never use "cream my pants".

Also, I'm all for the idea of ROB being in Mario Kart. My only problem is that I never liked Mario Kart.

Mario Kart peaked on the SNES. I haven't liked one of them since.

Sano
2013th Post

"Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade." , posted Tue 8 Nov 13:14:post reply

If you think that's wild, check out who's in the arcade version...

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 8 Nov 13:14]

Pollyanna
1493th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Tue 8 Nov 14:11post reply

quote:

I never really thought of Pacman as "wild".

I hope they make another Crystal Chronicles and you have to use that robot to play. And the Virtual Boy headset.

Kikkoken
1030th Post

"Re(2):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Tue 8 Nov 17:50post reply

quote:

I hope they make another Crystal Chronicles and you have to use that robot to play. And the Virtual Boy headset.

And the power glove.

Sano
2013th Post

"Re(2):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Tue 8 Nov 23:39post reply

quote:

Are you always such... a killjoy... it's Mario, Donkey Kong and Pacman in the same game! The 80s live again!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Iggy
7397th Post

"Re(3):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 01:12:post reply

quote:
Are you always such... a killjoy... it's Mario, Donkey Kong and Pacman in the same game! The 80s live again!

Am I the only one to have read at least Pacman would be in it not long after Nintendô said Namco was making the game ?

I mean, Namco. Namco goddamnit.

Hurrah Hurrah Apocalypse Extravaganza !

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 9 Nov 01:13]

Sano
2015th Post

"Re(4):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 01:29:post reply

quote:
Am I the only one to have read at least Pacman would be in it not long after Nintendô said Namco was making the game ?

Yes. Next question!

I'm sure Ms. Pacman and Blinky were shocks to your system though.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 9 Nov 01:40]

Kikkoken
1031th Post

"Re(5):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 01:41post reply

I agree that Pacman in MK was not exactly groundbreaking news. At least, neither Iggy nor I were surprise at it. More surprising would be to hear that Cabbage Patch Kid, Centipede or Kim Wilde were playable characters.

Sano
2016th Post

"Re(6):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 02:20:post reply

Well I'm sorry if it's not as groundbreaking as a dumb little robot that worked with two games that nobody played with and was just a marketing ploy to get Americans to buy the NES but I'm sure you'll faint when Virtual Boy gets behind the wheel!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 9 Nov 02:47]

Ishmael
2279th Post

"Re(6):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 02:22post reply

quote:
I agree that Pacman in MK was not exactly groundbreaking news. At least, neither Iggy nor I were surprise at it. More surprising would be to hear that Cabbage Patch Kid, Centipede or Kim Wilde were playable characters.

Centipede is overdue for a comeback.

Pollyanna
1494th Post

"Re(3):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 04:08post reply

quote:

Yes. You're absolutely right. I am a killjoy, as well as a wet blanket and a party-pooper. I'm also a "hater". When people say "Don't hate" or "don't be a hater" I say "Sorry, I'm a hater. That's just the kind of dog I am."

But Pacman still isn't "wild". He's wild like a kiwi-strawberry smoothie, or eating pancakes for lunch, or unbuttoning your shirt one more button (from the very top) or wearing a non-18 hour bra for more than 18 hours...or wearing a tie with a print on it.

But I can't help but think that in your world, maybe these things are "wild." Uhm...I mean...well...excluding the bra thing. That would...be wild, or maybe just weird.

Sano
2016th Post

"Re(4):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 07:16post reply

So you are hating and nitpicking on one word wild? Nitpicking on a choice of my wording... on a gaming forum??? "Your whacked sideshow freak!" "Have you seen any sailors?" "All your base belong to us!" WHAT?

Did you start gaming with 2600 like I did? Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Mario, without their contributions to the video game world from arcades to consoles we would not be here talking today, and now they are all in one game. Wild, maybe not. But I do think it's sort of a big deal, have all of these crossovers desensitized us to things like this?

I never said Pacman was wild. The intent was "If you think that's wild as in R.O.B. being on Mariokart DS check out Pacman characters on the Mariokart Arcade game." Your making mountains out of thin air....

Yeash, done with this thread, and I'm out.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Pollyanna
1495th Post

"Re(5):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 13:41post reply

Whoa there buddy. Whoa.I was just kidding around. BECAUSE this is a gaming forum, I thought you wouldn't take me seriously. I guess saying "I'm a hater" then picking on someone might be like saying "I hate you", though that's not what I was shooting for.

If I actually picked apart every word that people here said, I'd spend all day every day harassing Naruto. I got what you were saying, I was just having fun.

I -did- start gaming with the 2600, but I've always disliked Pacman. I still applaud Pacland for its clever control scheme, though.

I'm more into DigDug. I can still go back and play that game. When I tried getting into Mr. Driller, I just said "this is okay, but it's no Dig-Dug."

gorgeous
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 13:56post reply

quote:

I mean, Namco. Namco goddamnit.

Actually, I was kind of hoping they'd put Heihachi Mishima, Jin Kazama (Mishima?), Jun Kazama, Marshall Law and Forrest Law in there, then we could see who would win if the truly most inspired videogame characters battled it out in go-karts. And also Klonoa, too! And rename the game "Namco cross Super Mario: The Go Kart," missing a hyphen and everything.

. . .

In closing, Pac-Man is fucking flaky. He's a fucking nobody. He's a circle with a slit that looks kind of like a mouth, given spherical form, arms, and legs. He's a bitch. I hope Namco fucking burns in hell for continuing to assume we give a shit.

Variable Savior
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 14:34post reply

quote:
In closing, Pac-Man is fucking flaky. He's a fucking nobody. He's a circle with a slit that looks kind of like a mouth, given spherical form, arms, and legs. He's a bitch. I hope Namco fucking burns in hell for continuing to assume we give a shit.

Well, that certainly seems reasonable.

Blood marks heaven's path

Red Falcon
5610th Post

"Re(6):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 14:59:post reply

quote:

I like Pac Man more than any of those Tekken charas you mentioned.

Edit: Gilgamesh and Ki would be good additions, methinks...

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Wed 9 Nov 15:02]

Pollyanna
1496th Post

"Re(7):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 15:22post reply

Screw it all. I want Tekken Kart. But Lee either gets a broken/smoking go-kart, or he has to run.

I'd be more excited about Pacman if he had to run, had a sad face, and was covered in sweat. That would ROCK.

PS: Nightmare of Druaga Gil is SEXY. I never noticed that before. Ki too, I guess.

gorgeous
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 17:28post reply

quote:
I like Pac Man more than any of those Tekken charas you mentioned.

So do I!!

And I don't even like Pac-Man!!

Pollyanna
1497th Post

"Re(8):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Wed 9 Nov 17:32post reply

quote:

So do I!!

And I don't even like Pac-Man!!

Watch out buddy, you're gonna get one of those...potato things.

Variable Savior
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Thu 10 Nov 04:27post reply

The only way I'd be intrigued by Pac-Man (or really any specific character) being in MarioKart is if the presentation was exceedingly bad/ludicrous. Something like having the original in-game sprite for Pac-Man just sitting in the kart - always that same 2D sprite regardless of whether your looking at him from the front, behind, or the side. Or maybe just the text "Pac-Man" on the screen instead of a kart and driver. That'd be something I could get behind.

Blood marks heaven's path

gorgeous
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):Pac-Man characters in Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Thu 10 Nov 11:16post reply

quote:
Watch out buddy, you're gonna get one of those...potato things.

I LOVE potatoes.
That's all I eat, anymore.