"Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 06:56post reply

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Not that hard to figure out.

Replies:

JJWE
539th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 07:53post reply

Yeah, not with that shirt it ain't.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

crazymike
1183th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 10:47post reply

While the two villain approach is rather Batman-esque, I still have to give Raimi balls and credit for being able to add in a classic Spider-Man villain (the sandman) instead of listening to the post-1990s Spider-man fanboys and having it exclusively Venom.

Dr Baghead
3520th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 11:21post reply

I don't get it... who is it?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Just kidding, that's supposed to be the Scorpion without his armor right? since his shirt is green striped like Scorpion's armor?

End of Spoiler

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Gojira
1864th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 11:24post reply

I hate the 2 villain approach in these comic book movies. When it's a group of villains with the same goal like X-men that's different, but when they pair up two villains that shouldn't have anything to do with each other it just comes off as diluted and haphazard.

Red Falcon
5607th Post

"Re(2):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 12:55post reply

To Baghead:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
It's Sandman, but I think you knew.. I can't really tell if you're joking or not.

End of Spoiler

Best site EVER:Link Here

DarkZero
1262th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 15:58post reply

quote:
I hate the 2 villain approach in these comic book movies. When it's a group of villains with the same goal like X-men that's different, but when they pair up two villains that shouldn't have anything to do with each other it just comes off as diluted and haphazard.

It all depends on how it's handled and who the villains are. Sandman isn't really a top tier villain that's worth having a whole movie dedicated to him, just like Scarecrow wasn't one of Batman's top tier villains, and thus made a nice complement to Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins.

I have no idea where they're going with Spider-Man, though. In one movie (possibly two, according to rumors), they've got to handle Sandman, Green Goblin II, and either Venom or Electro. That's a whole lot of plot, right there. Hopefully Topher Grace is going to be Electro, because I think Venom and Green Goblin II both need a lot of screen time to be handled correctly.

Gojira
1865th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Mon 7 Nov 19:18post reply

quote:
It all depends on how it's handled and who the villains are. Sandman isn't really a top tier villain that's worth having a whole movie dedicated to him, just like Scarecrow wasn't one of Batman's top tier villains, and thus made a nice complement to Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins.

That's debatable. I thought the fact that Scarecrow was even in Batman Begins totally took time away from the plot and development of Ra's Al Ghul's character, and Ra's screwed up any chance of Scarecrow being anything but a second-string villain. It should have been one or the other.

But then, Spiderman and Spiderman 2 both had one villain each and I still didn't like them, so what do I know.

Sano
2010th Post

"Re(6):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Tue 8 Nov 01:00post reply

He looks okay as Sandman. I'm more interested in what Topher Grace as Venom(if that's true) will look like.

Methinks that Sandman and Venom will be a result of Norman Osborne's(Hobgoblin's) research and the main conflict will be Hobgoblin vs. Spider-Man since that's been building up for 2 movies. After this movie chances are the cast and the director will be gone and hopefully a director that likes Venom (Sam Raimi doesn't like him, Topher Grace will most likely be 'Ultimate Venom') will take over and make a Spidey vs. Venom movie for Spidey 4.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

ShoMug
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Tue 8 Nov 16:45post reply

quote:

I think they can make at least three more Spidey movies before going to the 2 villain angle. Mysterio, The Lizard, and Green Goblin II/Hobgolblin could easily have entire scripts written around them. Then, when it comes time to use multiple villains, whip out the Sinister Six and end the movie franchise on a high note. Skip Venom, Carnage, and any potential clone stories entirely.

D`Cloud
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Wed 9 Nov 04:52post reply

why not just sandman and green goblin II ? the comics version of green goblin 2's death was great

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Dr Baghead
3522th Post

"Re(3):Official image of Spider-Man 3 villian" , posted Wed 9 Nov 11:38post reply

quote:
Red Falcon's post

Yes, I did know that... but thank you for telling me in case I wasn't joking.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)