civilization iv - impressions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1521 Views )

trogdor
43th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"civilization iv - impressions" , posted Tue 1 Nov 18:10post reply

i like this game so far although i feel it needs some tweaking on the combat balance. been through 2 campaigns at warlord level, now moving up to noble.

your thoughts on the game + strategies?

Replies:

Iggy
7363th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):civilization iv - impressions" , posted Tue 1 Nov 18:44post reply

My thought : I'll do all I can to stay the hell away from this game until my days suddenly become 48 hours long.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Time Mage
2271th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):civilization iv - impressions" , posted Tue 1 Nov 19:48post reply

quote:
My thought : I'll do all I can to stay the hell away from this game until my days suddenly become 48 hours long.

Hah, true. I haven't played any Civilization after Civilization 2, but that damn game had me so hooked to the computer for some time that I nearly broke the CPU. Okay, the fact that the CPU fan was nearly broken maybe helped, but anyway.

I'd like to play another Civilization one day, thoug.

KTallguy
761th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):civilization iv - impressions" , posted Wed 2 Nov 01:02post reply

I was both lucky and unlucky when I found a brand new copy at my local computer store (Frys) for only 34 dollars.

I was lucky because it's one of the best games I've ever played, even better than Civilization 2, because it's so streamlined and everything is completely and utterly balanced to perfection. Literally the perfect CIV.

I was unlucky because the night I bought it, I didn't get any sleep... I had homework that didn't get done =P

You know, there's a timer and ALARM in the game? Like... if you can't control yourself.. I think that's the funniest shit ever.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"