New KOF XI Thread.... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7312 Views )

kofoguz
229th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Wed 26 Oct 07:07post reply

The game released I guess and the price is.

Some cell vids in cyberfanatix. Some first impressive sounds good.
And I'm hyped about this game.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Replies:

talbaineric
6201th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 01:16post reply

quote:
The game released I guess and the price is.

Some cell vids in cyberfanatix. Some first impressive sounds good.
And I'm hyped about this game.

Question is, when's the release date? Searched and I can't find a North American one.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

kofoguz
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 01:22:post reply

Q:^
A:I dont know. But I guess they don't have a separate date.

Anyway, There two vids send by eight one at the s-c and ng .com. The sub boss shion in action.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 27 Oct 01:52]

catalyst
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 13:37post reply

quote:

Anyway, There two vids send by eight one at the s-c and ng .com. The sub boss shion in action.

Gotta say the animation is pretty fluid for Shion. Especially since shes doing wushu forms from what I could pick up from my experience with Kung fu, looks like shes doing Hsing yi, spear, chain whip, and tiger. I'm pretty impressed.

The last boss seems quite a bit of tough character like Mizuchi, hopefully hes not any worse [in terms of cheapness] but he does look interesting persay on how he handled shion in the cut scene. Here's going on a limb hoping Houston gets this game but most likely not.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3482th Post

"Re(2):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 14:09post reply

quote:

how about a fucking link-nyo

catalyst
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 14:48:post reply

quote:

I'll just host it since I'm pretty lazy to look for the link. All vids curtosey of 8-1 from snk-capcom.

Shion
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CCK1DP7NT6IA0Z5HLWH0YWVUK

Last Boss
http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09R1WIP4S2TF01KJP695RYXM7Z

[this message was edited by catalyst on Thu 27 Oct 14:52]

Phoenix
852th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 15:41post reply

quote:

I'll just host it since I'm pretty lazy to look for the link. All vids curtosey of 8-1 from snk-capcom.

Shion

Last Boss

Wait...wouldn't it take more effort to host it then to find the link? Well, not that I'm complaining. Thanks a lot for the trouble. It's appreciated.

kofoguz
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Thu 27 Oct 20:54:post reply

quote:

Ok ok, I thought all cafe lose interest in this game anyway here match vids:
Kula, Gato,Terry vs Kula, Gato, Maxima.
K,Kula,Iori vs Maxima,Gato,Kula
And
Also full and better version of tgs vid
Credits to Zepp from S-C.com.

I like Kula and Gato colors(except the zombie version).

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 27 Oct 20:56]

catalyst
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 00:21post reply

quote:

Shion

Last Boss

Wait...wouldn't it take more effort to host it then to find the link? Well, not that I'm complaining. Thanks a lot for the trouble. It's appreciated.

ot:
Sorry bout the rude comment, was late night and stressing over some homework.

Toxico
4113th Post

"Re(6):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 02:26post reply

Kofguz links seem down at the moment; it seems that SNK put a lot of effort into making this game, the rhythm of the game looks good, but slow; like 98'... Now the only thing that could scrub the game is to exploy bugs and tiers (a must in every KoF, it seems).

It's waaaaay more than I expected....

See??? He is a God...

kofoguz
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 08:10post reply

quote:
Kofguz links seem down at the moment; it seems that SNK put a lot of effort into making this game, the rhythm of the game looks good, but slow; like 98'... Now the only thing that could scrub the game is to exploy bugs and tiers (a must in every KoF, it seems).

It's waaaaay more than I expected....

Yeah I guess so. By the way Jyazu is in.
People talking about three more secret characters (to complete the KE and B-1 teams). If there were more characters, I'd say Todoh.
[pics sent by Alba meira]

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

talbaineric
6202th Post

"Re(8):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 08:24post reply

I don't know what to make of the boss characters. They're kinda lame IMO. I mean, Hayate? Why not someone cooler from the SNK universe?

Over at the Cyberfanatix boards they were arguing over which gender Shion is. Funny really.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Red Falcon
5598th Post

"Re(9):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 14:36post reply

Magaki rocks. The return of Yuga, in a sense.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Nate
708th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 14:44post reply

quote:
Magaki rocks. The return of Yuga, in a sense.

As in insanely hard and impossible to beat? He doesn't seem to have a long-distance throw, though...yet.

Then again, he's capable of hitting you even while you hit him, so that's bad enough.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Red Falcon
5599th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 15:04post reply

quote:
As in insanely hard and impossible to beat? He doesn't seem to have a long-distance throw, though...yet.

Exactly, as well as the bizarre gender confusion issues (notice he has a woman's voice)... and I'm wondering about that "hand through the portal" thing. :D

Also, rumours are flying around that Silber is in it too, (to oppose Gai, I guess) but I don't believe it.

NARUTO
3267th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 18:01post reply

quote:
Exactly, as well as the bizarre gender confusion issues (notice he has a woman's voice)...

The fact he can "whip" his arms remind me Female yuga with her "spear" like hand...
And his hair cut is a bit similar to Female yuga.
quote:

Also, rumours are flying around that Silber is in it too, (to oppose Gai, I guess) but I don't believe it.

If silber is here I just,hope he still have his wierd kick move where he fall uber fast from air... this move would be awersome.

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Phoenix
853th Post

"Re(8):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Fri 28 Oct 19:06post reply

Word is that they upped the animation quality noticeably. I guess SNKP did use the extra time in a productive manner. Scary. That theory about Jyazu (Kizuna Encounter's final boss) in the cyberfanatix forum is interesting.

"Being that he is nothing but an evil SPIRIT, who doesn't gain power until he's been trapped inside of the Sword of the Beast King (Shishioh/King Lion's) sword. He doesn't age, and he's technically immortal.

I know this may be a long shot, but what if this is the set up into Kizuna Encounter? I mean, what if Jyazu gets trapped after you fight him? Sho see's this, and takes the sword to hide it away. Then several decades later when Jake Abbot finds the sword, and becomes Shishioh / King Lion. This leads into Sho's grandchild or whatever to seek out the sword, etc, etc in Kizuna Encounter, further linking the past and future."

I know diddley squat about KE.

shin ramberk
199th Post

Regular Customer

"KOFXI Spoilers (possibly just rumors)" , posted Sat 29 Oct 04:20:post reply

Someone on Cyberfanatix quoted a fellow from SRK.com about the ending sequence in KOFXI, stop reading, unless you want to be spoiled. Here is the quote from Cyberfanatix, its veracity is unconfirmed so don't blame me if its totally wrong.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Orochi Iori defeats Kyo, then Ash appears. Shingo asks him to help. Ash whoops the f*&^# out of Orochi Iori and steals the purple Orochi flames. Elizabeth, Beni and Duo appear (Elizabeth and Ash used to be partners). The three of them try to defeat Ash, he dismisses them as weaklings, dodges and disappears, promising he´ll defeat Kyo next.

Here is my speculation (contains further spoilers so stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled.) Maybe in KOFXII we'll see Ash absorb Kyo's flames and then we'll have a match up with K' versus Ash for all the marbles. Maybe Ash is a manifestation of the Orochi god. He's come back and figures the only way to stop from getting defeated again is by absorbing the powers of his greatest enemies. Maybe the God's Caliber team for KOFXII will be K', Kula and... SHINGO!?!? Who else could stand up to a villain that has all of the old God's Caliber powers. I wonder what kind of power up Ash will get with the Orochi flames and what will happen to Iori in KOFXII. KOFXI sure made a big deal of pointing out the four important flame users in its intro. Hrm...

Ha! End stupid speculation. Its a nice curveball that SNK has thrown us by making Ash a villain. He's already much better then lame ass K9999.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

[this message was edited by shin ramberk on Sat 29 Oct 04:23]

Burning Ranger
1326th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Sat 29 Oct 08:37post reply

quote:

And

Wow... I want the soundtrack... I WANT THIS GAME! It looks so nice.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Cain Highwind
628th Post

"Re(5):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Sat 29 Oct 09:17post reply

quote:

And

Wow... I want the soundtrack... I WANT THIS GAME! It looks so nice.

The game looks VERY impressive and the soundtrack is by far the best Playmore Era soundtrack made (I guess when they got the SRZ for NBC, they stuck around) Not to mention unlike past KoFs the AST quality is in the original game. WOO!

I too want to get this soundtrack, and the mook.

Anyonme notice in that second vid, that Gato has a palette that makes him look like YunFei? (Green clothes, grey hair)

aderack
187th Post

Regular Customer

"Re: spoiler" , posted Sat 29 Oct 11:28post reply

AT LEAST THEY WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CHANGING HIS OUTFIT ANYMORE, HUH?

Red Falcon
5600th Post

"Re(1):Re: spoiler" , posted Sat 29 Oct 11:44post reply

quote:
AT LEAST THEY WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CHANGING HIS OUTFIT ANYMORE, HUH?

He'll probably appear again, I very much doubt they're actually "doing away" with him.

End of Spoiler

catalyst
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re: spoiler" , posted Sat 29 Oct 11:53post reply

I'm suprised Shen Woo is completely oblivious to Ash's escapades. It makes me larf.

aderack
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re: Red Falcon" , posted Sat 29 Oct 13:25post reply

Shh!

NARUTO
3270th Post

"Re(9):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Sun 30 Oct 22:19post reply

quote:
Word is that they upped the animation quality noticeably. I guess SNKP did use the extra time in a productive manner. Scary. That theory about Jyazu (Kizuna Encounter's final boss) in the cyberfanatix forum is interesting.

"Being that he is nothing but an evil SPIRIT, who doesn't gain power until he's been trapped inside of the Sword of the Beast King (Shishioh/King Lion's) sword. He doesn't age, and he's technically immortal.

I know this may be a long shot, but what if this is the set up into Kizuna Encounter? I mean, what if Jyazu gets trapped after you fight him? Sho see's this, and takes the sword to hide it away. Then several decades later when Jake Abbot finds the sword, and becomes Shishioh / King Lion. This leads into Sho's grandchild or whatever to seek out the sword, etc, etc in Kizuna Encounter, further linking the past and future."

I know diddley squat about KE.

Nonsense... In KE Jyazu is clearly the brother of Gozu and Mezu, who storyline wise are maybe even not born yet... So Jyazu too...

The evil spirit maybe, but not Jyazu him self, and have was released during the tournament since the crow are watching you in most of the KE backgroud...

As a personal opinion Hayaté and Jyazu are the ridiculous and stupidest hidden characters taht playmore can put in a KOF, just like the MOTW characters BTW. Not because they are bad characters, far from it but Those have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do in KOF, the time line never fits. It looks more from an pityfull excuse from Playmore who didn't put them in NGBC...

An until PLaymore or the Arcadia comfirm them, Hayate and Jyazu are fake for me...
This is once again not a good KOF game...One day we'll have something as good or better than 98 and MOTW.

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

sabo10
1234th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Sun 30 Oct 23:43post reply

This game has intensely long loading times on stage changes.

Cain Highwind
631th Post

"Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 05:58:post reply

quote:

The evil spirit maybe, but not Jyazu him self, and have was released during the tournament since the crow are watching you in most of the KE backgroud...

As a personal opinion Hayaté and Jyazu are the ridiculous and stupidest hidden characters taht playmore can put in a KOF, just like the MOTW characters BTW. Not because they are bad characters, far from it but Those have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do in KOF, the time line never fits. It looks more from an pityfull excuse from Playmore who didn't put them in NGBC...

An until PLaymore or the Arcadia comfirm them, Hayate and Jyazu are fake for me...
This is once again not a good KOF game...One day we'll have something as good or better than 98 and MOTW.

I will agree that KE characters in it...is just weird (and would've been better in NBC). But I don't find it necessarily bad. I don't like your logic though. The game automatically sucks now JUST because they decided KoF isn't a canon story anymore? They're doing what KoF ORIGINALLY was, an all star SNK fighting game combining SNK's old and forgotten franchises and slapping a story that brings them together. SNK did say on their 10th Anniversary site that King Lion was supposed to be in KoF 2001 (but the whole bankruptsy thing probably prevented that). And you're saying MotW characters can't be in KoF? They fit in a hell of a lot better than the KE characters. Even IF we were to conisder a canon timeline, KoF would be coming up to MotW (2008). Personally though, they're just adding characters the same way they did with earlier KoFs, not really caring if it fits or not.
Personally I find it kind of sad people are all obsessed with Canon and all that. KoF is simply it's own continuity (IMO, I pretty much always saw it as an all star game with a story+original characters), I don't think it was EVER meant to connect to other games. I mean come on Naruto, you haven't played the damn game, and you're saying it's bad because of a couple out of place characters? Forgetting gameplay, music, and everything else.

quote:
This game has intensely long loading times on stage changes.

I'm sorry I just don't see it. I mean it is long assuming you can't skip it. But I think it's cool that they made it similar to stage intros for SvC and KoF 97, which I personally liked and find no reason to complain.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Mon 31 Oct 06:05]

Phoenix
854th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 06:22post reply

Naruto is just being Naruto and ditto for Sabo. SRZ? They're called Shinsekai right? I wonder how many quick shift combo possibilities there will be. I mean quick shift alone changes the dynamics of the game completely. Cuz who you team up with actually matters now. That and this thing has lots of possibilities kinda like BC combos in 2k2.

Red Falcon
5603th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 09:16post reply

I agree with you Cain, I'm GLAD they're pulling some other charas again, and as you pointed out, KOF seems to be composed of their other games but exists in its own timeline (and it's a fighting game anyway, they can make any changes to stuff that they feel like. If they decided to declare that Kyo was actually made out of living cheese one day, they could)

I still hope Roddy and Cathy come to KOF some day, haw haw.

JJWE
538th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 09:45post reply

Poo, Cain and Falcon just spoke my mind. It's freaky when people do that, so, y'know... Stop it!

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

aderack
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 16:00post reply

I'm thinking, in retrospect, this might be why they threw that Geese reference into the 2003 story -- just to say, you know, to hell with it. People are taking this way too seriously; let's make it clear that KOF is doing its own thing, so we won't be so limited in the future.

Grave
929th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 17:34:post reply

Fuck the whining about the plot, what characters belong where, whatever. Who cares? This looks like the most exciting fighting game SNK's made since Garou. The sprites are still hideous, but the pacing looks incredible, it looks like a ton of fun. I can't wait to play it. There, I said it.

I can't remember the last time I said that about any SNK product. Not KOF, not Metal Slug, not SS, nothing.

This could be a very good thing.

edit: HYPERBOLE POWERS ACTIVATE actually the last SNK product I said that about was NGBC, which I completely forgot existed until about 5 minutes ago. This looks about ten hundred times more fun. Still, they have been doing exciting things lately, even if these exciting things are full of sprites that are somehow both blurry and pixelly that make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I feel like after finally playing NeoWave I would get excited about any KOF that wasn't NeoWave, but XI actually looks good and this never stops amazing me.

[this message was edited by Grave on Mon 31 Oct 17:38]

Iggy
7360th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Mon 31 Oct 20:56post reply

Momoko horrifies me.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Evenor
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Tue 1 Nov 00:25post reply

quote:
Momoko horrifies me.

She is probably the most disgusting thing ever to be introduced into the KOF world.

...Her squeaks have hypnotized me. I love her.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

emeraldazn
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Tue 1 Nov 05:48post reply

http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/

7 direct feed vids, movie link at the left.

Thanks to beezlebubble for the link!!

You can see Shen Woo's qcfx2+k super, I think it looks MUCH cooler..whoever said it doesn't look that great is a loser!

Also, KOF_5 vid has an AWESOME, but not quite complete >< , quick switch combo

Moriya
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Tue 1 Nov 07:14post reply

quote:
I will agree that KE characters in it...is just weird (and would've been better in NBC). But I don't find it necessarily bad. I don't like your logic though. The game automatically sucks now JUST because they decided KoF isn't a canon story anymore? They're doing what KoF ORIGINALLY was, an all star SNK fighting game combining SNK's old and forgotten franchises and slapping a story that brings them together. SNK did say on their 10th Anniversary site that King Lion was supposed to be in KoF 2001 (but the whole bankruptsy thing probably prevented that). And you're saying MotW characters can't be in KoF? They fit in a hell of a lot better than the KE characters. Even IF we were to conisder a canon timeline, KoF would be coming up to MotW (2008). Personally though, they're just adding characters the same way they did with earlier KoFs, not really caring if it fits or not.
Personally I find it kind of sad people are all obsessed with Canon and all that. KoF is simply it's own continuity (IMO, I pretty much always saw it as an all star game with a story+original characters), I don't think it was EVER meant to connect to other games. I mean come on Naruto, you haven't played the damn game, and you're saying it's bad because of a couple out of place characters? Forgetting gameplay, music, and everything else.

My thoughts exactly... and to me, it seems a little odd that most people actually thought that KOF was connected to the other series, story-wise. I mean, the AOF characters are much younger than they're supposed to be, Geese never died, Terry "aged" to his Garou self while Athena and Shingo are still in high school... better yet, from 95 to 2005, no character (other than Terry, it seems) ever aged... it would never fit in the regular SS/LB/AOF/FF/BO/MOTW/KE timeline.

I think the real problem is: people ignored all of those "hints", so SNKP decided to slap the truth in their faces now. And whoever had the slightest hope of seeing KOF fit into the regular SNK timeline has to just accept it now.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

kofoguz
234th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Wed 2 Nov 00:07:post reply

quote:
Momoko horrifies me.

Thats why Im going to choose her cause most of the people gonna feel like that mwhuhahaha and when I win with her they'll feel very bad.J/K

I loved her in first vid her voice is good imo. And her winpose is good, too. Cant wait to play this.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Wed 2 Nov 00:09]

Toxico
4114th Post

"Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Wed 2 Nov 04:40post reply

quote:
Nonsense... In KE Jyazu is clearly the brother of Gozu and Mezu, who storyline wise are maybe even not born yet... So Jyazu too...

No, he is an eveil spirit that was related with the creation of Gozu's and Mezu's clan; I think that they called him "The Jackal" or something like that.

See??? He is a God...

mugener
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):New KOF XI Thread...." , posted Wed 2 Nov 11:17post reply

quote:
Momoko horrifies me.

lesbian is good.