=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Iggy
7350th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Yomigaeru random news" , posted Wed 26 Oct 16:32post reply

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but Ko-hatsu held a small tournament of Calibur 3 (US version). I find the concept interesting.

Vid of Mitsurugi vs Mitsurugi.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Maese Spt
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Wed 26 Oct 16:41post reply

quote:
I forgot to mention it yesterday, but Ko-hatsu held a small tournament of Calibur 3 (US version).

Oh, is the game already on the shelves? If anyone around here has played it, I´d like to hear his/her thoughts.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Iggy
7351th Post

"Yomigaeru random release dates" , posted Thu 27 Oct 05:55post reply

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 : february.

Bio Hasard DS : 1/19.

Disgaia 2 : 2/23.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

CHAZumaru
272th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Yomigaeru random release dates" , posted Thu 27 Oct 07:43post reply

quote:
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 : february.

February, ok then, but february of which year ?

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Ishmael
2259th Post

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 01:18post reply

quote:

Oh, is the game already on the shelves? If anyone around here has played it, I´d like to hear his/her thoughts.

With the little time I've spent with it the one thing I can say for certain is that Namco wasn't kidding when they said that SC3 was going to focus on the one player experience. There is so much stuff in the game that it's going to take me awhile to get around to checking all the different modes out, much less unlocking everything. There is still the traditional two out of three bouts to knock the other guy out style of fighting in there as well but I'll leave it to others who are more adept at SC to judge how balanced or playable the game is. As for me I'm still at the "Hey, Taki has a Triple Power Geyser!" level of discovery with the game when I'm not busy trying to find and fight the rest of the cast.

Pollyanna
1487th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 01:57post reply

quote:

With the little time I've spent with it the one thing I can say for certain is that Namco wasn't kidding when they said that SC3 was going to focus on the one player experience.

Yeah, I have to think "it's a pretty good game, but I don't know if it's a good fighting game." I have a feeling it probably has some balance issues.

It's also very ugly. I don't mean that the graphics are bad (though they aren't really good), just that the aesthetics are awful. Ugly colors, ugly fonts, ugly clothes UGLY UGLY. Of course, it has its charm, especially when you use the ugly for evil by giving the characters you get in the Soul Chronicle mode embarrassing new wardrobes.

Maou
718th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 02:20post reply

Waaaaah SCIII! I haven't been this excited about a game for years, tell more when you have the urge, Ishmael! Hmm, the US fonts did look kind of crummy, but maybe by the time I get the Japan version next month it'll be prettier text. In other aesthetics, though, I'm much more excited about III...its rainy, raft-filled levels look to have the epic, gorgeous feeling of I and not the more enclosed, limited stages of II, so I can't wait. And making our own characters, while being just as dumb and unbalancing as collecting weapons, should be a riot.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Pollyanna
1488th Post

"Re(4):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 02:48post reply

Some of the levels do indeed look nice, but the overall game is still one of the ugliest I've seen come out of Japan. Well, that I've played at least.

Making characters doesn't really break balance, though. You don't have much control over what they DO, just what they look like.

Iggy
7353th Post

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 03:29post reply

quote:
It's also very ugly.

That's my major complain about it as well.
If Ivy and Voldo had their SC1 clothes, I would have bought the game. I think those two are the most deeply wounded by the new fashion sense (I like Elephant Rock, though).

I wonder why they draw and include ugly new clothes, but refuse to keep the old ones in each game.... DoA does have 6 clothes per girl, why can't SC do the same with the good old designs !

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Nate
708th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 04:26:post reply

quote:
Waaaaah SCIII! I haven't been this excited about a game for years, tell more when you have the urge, Ishmael! Hmm, the US fonts did look kind of crummy, but maybe by the time I get the Japan version next month it'll be prettier text. In other aesthetics, though, I'm much more excited about III...its rainy, raft-filled levels look to have the epic, gorgeous feeling of I and not the more enclosed, limited stages of II, so I can't wait. And making our own characters, while being just as dumb and unbalancing as collecting weapons, should be a riot.

I've played it. My friends and I have already unlocked a lot of stuff and yet we still have plenty more to unlock.

I guess I can give a few observations. Potential SPOILERS follow, do not read if you don't want to be SPOILED.

*Tira is awesome. I like her fighting style a lot, as well as her character. She says "I'll cut your heart out!" in a bizarre mannish voice when you pick her a lot of the time. Her 2P outfit is far superior to 1P and its weird-ass hair.

*Kilik is beastly. It took three of us to beat him, but then again we were using Zasalamel...

*Zasalamel, by the way...um. Not so good. He borrows some moves from Kilik/Seung Mina, but is mostly original. Weird to use. At least for us. We're definitely not as into him as Tira or Setsuka or our created characters.

*Setsuka I didn't get a chance to play as, but my friend says she's pretty good. Extremely short range, but she has a lot of moves for getting in close and avoiding and countering, apparently.

*Cassandra and her quotes make me laugh. Was she always this sarcastic? She seems roughly the same as in SCII, but I didn't really go through all her movelist.

*I managed to do pretty well as Siegfried, for some reason. I like his 2P costume.

*1P Tales of Souls (not sure on the name) mode gets old after a while because the same events happen AGAIN AND AGAIN. Be ready to dodge that stupid clock gear on Zasalamel's stage every time you play.

*Create-a-soul mode is slightly disappointing at first. You need to go through the Chronicles of the Sword mode to be able to use more than one weapon type (you're stuck with one default kind if you don't, usually a blah sword/dagger, staff for the Saint, tambourines for the Dancer) in each class. The variety of items you can put on your character is nice, though. I think the whole "good/evil depending on clothes thing" was misinterpreted, though. It depends on what you wear, not what color it is. The two bars under you character indicate alignment depending on clothes.

*Lots and lots of guest characters, some of which are pretty cool looking. Basically everyone who has an in-game model in any mode is playable. We still don't have them all unlocked. What I want to know is why Rock is a full-on character but Hwang isn't.

*Stages! There are some REALLY nice stages. My personal favorite has a floor that's completely black surrounded by a dungeon-like area and will-o-wisps. Oh, and the only things lighting the floor are spotlights on each character. Really nice music, too. There are plenty of other good ones. Cassandra's stage (the gallery on fire) comes to mind. Play through as Zasalamel and check out his final stage. It's CRAZY. Yoshimitsu has a nice one. I like Rock's, too, for some reason.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Fri 28 Oct 04:31]

burning kyo
2366th Post

"Re(5):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 05:54post reply

weird ...
for me, tira sucks.
and sazalamel is a monster.
the new nightmare seems interesting, but weak ... too bad ...

[welcome to the devil's nest]

exodus
3060th Post

"Re(5):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 06:50post reply

quote:
Some of the levels do indeed look nice, but the overall game is still one of the ugliest I've seen come out of Japan.

that's a damn lie. have you played a simple 2000 game? Anything by Artdink, or somebody? There's plenty of crap out there!

Gojira
1859th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 10:16post reply

Olcadan is funny. He's like a Sesame Street character. Even without the mask he looks like a muppet. It's great.

It's really amazing how much they changed some characters. Since I play Raphael I tried him first, and they kept a lot of his moves the same, but changed the execution around so I had no idea where everything was. It just didn't seem necessary, but I got used to it anyway. So far a lot of the stuff that people were afraid would break the game in early reports is all removed. So until people find new broken stuff it's balanced for now.

Tale of Souls can get really hard. You can't adjust the difficulty ever, so one minute you might be fighting a character that just stands there and lets you smack him, and the next you're fighting some guy who blocks everything, dodges everything, breaks every single throw and whips out a 50% stun combo. I've just been focusing on one character and trying to get all the event scenes but there are so many story branches I can't find them all. I think the event scenes might have more to do with story branches than it seems.

I haven't done much with the Chronicles mode and creation yet because at the start there's hardly any options for creation. There's hundreds of things you have to buy or unlock before you can make anything worth looking at.

And yeah there's an ugliness and glitchiness to the way the character models look. I'd even go as far as to say that SC2 looked better in that area. The backgrounds look a little better, so that's probably why, but in the end I don't really care about the backgrounds much.

Overall it's a good diversion with way too much to unlock. In fact I think an average player will probably get bored and give up before unlocking 100% of everything, since that looks like it'll take a really long time.

Pollyanna
1489th Post

"Re(6):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 12:09post reply

quote:

that's a damn lie. have you played a simple 2000 game? Anything by Artdink, or somebody? There's plenty of crap out there!

I like how you conveniently removed the part of my quote that would at least partially answer your question. I'm sure there IS plenty of crap out there, but I avoid it. I think. I can't think of another ugly game I've played recently. Well, I guess all Ys games have awful art, though the Ys strategy art looks decent at least.

IkariDC
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 18:21post reply

quote:

Well, I guess all Ys games have awful art, though the Ys strategy art looks decent at least.

What? The art from Ys Eternal 1 & 2 is great! The art from Ys Strategy looks gorgeous.

Pollyanna
1490th Post

"Re(8):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 19:38post reply

quote:

What? The art from Ys Eternal 1 & 2 is great! The art from Ys Strategy looks gorgeous.

The art from the Ys Eternal OPENING is great. Beautiful redesigns of all the characters. However, the in game/booklet stuff is totally different, cheap, amateurish CG.

I was quite irritated to find that the excellent art/designs from the opening weren't used in the game.

Maese Spt
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 20:43post reply

So the game seems to somehow honor the expectations it had created after all... That´s a relief.

I´m glad the gameplay is more "one -player" oriented, I enjoy the Soul series (and most fighting games) a lot more by playing alone. The people I use to play against are more annoying than the cheapest AI, so why bother.

Perhaps I´ll have the chance to try the game this weekend, so I´ll see how epic the music continues to be, how ugly the character models are and how huge have Taki-chan´s boobs grown (to think she´s already nearly 30 and she manages to stay in shape... lovely anachronic kunoichi she is <3). Sophitia-tan seems to FTW this time as well. We´ll see, I´m eager to play.

By the way, people seems to be enjoying the character creating mode already:

http://data.4channel.org/v/src/1130493833216.jpg

Knock, knock: I´m Adolf, lol!

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Iggy
7356th Post

"Yomigaeru random games for the Tôgeki 2006" , posted Fri 28 Oct 20:53:post reply

The Tôgeki this year will include 9 games :

GGXX/
Tekken 5 DR
KOF XI
Hokuto no Ken
Ken Samu
Nejibako
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
VF4 Final Tuned
3rd Strike.

Nejibako getting a spot there is a waste, especially with the vastly superior (and that's not saying much) KOF XI also on the list.
It's too bad it got to be there while TRF 2 couldn't.

Polly : I think Exodus and IkariDC are sexually harassing you.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 28 Oct 20:55]

tenguman
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Yomigaeru random games for the Tôgeki 2" , posted Fri 28 Oct 23:39post reply

quote:
The Tôgeki this year will include 9 games :

GGXX/
Tekken 5 DR
KOF XI
Hokuto no Ken
Ken Samu
Nejibako
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
VF4 Final Tuned
3rd Strike.

What is the tôgeki?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

exodus
3061th Post

"Re(7):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Sat 29 Oct 01:41post reply

quote:

I'm sure there IS plenty of crap out there, but I avoid it. I think. I can't think of another ugly game I've played recently.

oh, I ignored that because I thought that was a lie too. YAY! Ummmmmm let's see...what about...feh, I can't think of one. YOU WIN THIS ROUND...maybe

Iggy: jealous? <3

Iggy
7356th Post

"Re(8):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Sat 29 Oct 03:58post reply

quote:
Iggy: jealous? <3

Of course I am.

But since you are travelling around the world (yes you are) next month (yes next month) only to sexually harrass me (amongst other targets), I'm not that angry (just a little).

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

exodus
3062th Post

"Re(9):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Sat 29 Oct 04:52post reply

yeah, I haven't even fully planned that yet...I'd better get on it.

Nickey
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Sat 29 Oct 10:27post reply

quote:
Some of the levels do indeed look nice, but the overall game is still one of the ugliest I've seen come out of Japan. Well, that I've played at least.

Making characters doesn't really break balance, though. You don't have much control over what they DO, just what they look like.

Okay so I guess I'm not going crazy, but thats exactly how I felt. The game is just bleh looking. Setsuka is ugly. very ugly. Tira okay. Zasalamel is Okay, but overall everyone is ugly and their new costumes are ugly and even though they say beauty is only skin deep, they probably have ugly spleens and livers too.

Tell me why do we work over-time Looking for that "SOMEONE"?
Why you lookin around in and out of town being lost and found
And when we find that special "SOMEONE"
Then the love turns part-time
Then you lose yourself
...Love is cozmo-naughty

Zepy
1147th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(10):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Mon 31 Oct 00:37post reply

quote:
yeah, I haven't even fully planned that yet...I'd better get on it.

Hey wait, you haven't told me if you're going to molest me yet! Or shoot balls at me or go into the BL shops together and buy loads of stuff.

Ishmael
2261th Post

"Re(7):Soul Calibur 3 kitaaaaaa!" , posted Mon 31 Oct 06:00post reply

quote:
*Zasalamel, by the way...um. Not so good. He borrows some moves from Kilik/Seung Mina, but is mostly original. Weird to use. At least for us. We're definitely not as into him as Tira or Setsuka or our created characters.

I haven't quite figured out the best way to handle Zasalamel yet. I suspect I was over-using his moves that pull in the opponent which have the big problem of leaving you wide open with your opponent right next to you if they block. While it's awfully sporting of the Z-man to bring his opponent in for a free shot it's not the best way to win a match. Then again, trying to get the hang of him while playing ToS mode probably wasn't the smartest move. Tira seems like shrieky fun even if I'm still not sure how she doesn't slice up her hands on that ring even after playing her. Setsuka/Lady Snowblood seems like she may be the strongest of the new characters, or she probably will be once I get the timing down on some of those combos she has.

What surprised me is that even some of the filler characters are fun. So far I quite like Miser and the ninja class of CAW. Most of the fillers feel more elementary than the main cast but at least they feel like actual characters in their own right and not just simplified versions of the regular cast.

quote:
Olcadan is funny. He's like a Sesame Street character. Even without the mask he looks like a muppet. It's great.

Olcadan is beautiful. Not only did someone at Namco decide that sticking a big owl head on a guy was a good idea, they went and added in his Edit1 color as well. There's no more beautiful sight in nature than a pine green owl. But since so many of the other characters are so wonderfully homely he actually fits right in.

I agree with the other posters who noted that SC3 is easily the most garish game of the series. It's like the entire game was built with neon tubing. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, although I do miss more subdued arenas like that one with the tall grass in Soul Edge. Hmm, now that I think about it, I went straight from Shadow of the Colossus -in which everything was subtle and organic- straight into SC3 so that may have colored my perception a bit.