Nintendo Fusion Tour - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1662 Views )

Hungrywolf
3081th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Nintendo Fusion Tour" , posted Wed 19 Oct 11:09post reply

Hey guys, Sunday I went to the Nintendo Fusion Tour at the Tabernacle here in Atlanta and thought I'd tell you all a little bit about it.

I went to the Tour with my friend Nathan and my sister. My sister was there for both the bands and for the games and my friend and I were mainly there for the Nintendo stuff. Five bands played, I watched all of Motion City Sountrack's set (which was really awesome, and I liked a lot) and all of Fall Out Boy's set (also very good). I watched part of The Starting Line's set, but wasn't into them. Of course, you all probably don't care about any of this, so I'll tell you about the rest of the experience.

Nintendo gave out a bunch of free junk and that was cool. I got a Nintendo wristband (that reads 'Nintendo' in Japanese on it); a Nintendo logo button; a Donkey Kong patch; stickers of Link, Donkey Kong, Mario, and a Nintendo logo (the characters on the stickers were in sprite form); and a Nintendo Fusion Tour guitar pick.

Downstairs where I got this free crap, there were games set up. There were eight DSes set up with various games (Splinter Cell, Metroid Prime Hunters, some puzzle game, Mario Kart DS demo, Advance Wars, and I don't remember the others). Metroid looks better than it did in the demo that came with the DS, and I'm looking forward to it. But Mario Kart was the most exciting of the DS games for me. It looks and plays very nice. There were two cups available in the demo. One of them was a regular cup from the game (I forgot what it was called) and I played through it. The other cup was a retro cup, with one course from Super Mario Kart, one from Mario Kart 64, one from Double Dash, and one from the GBA Mario Kart. The courses all looked nice (the 64 course was Moo Moo Farm, and looked better than on the 64, I believe). I only played the stage from the SNES MK and the one from MK64.

Several members of the staff were wearing a lot of Game Boy Micros on their belts for people to try out. I didn't think I'd be interested in getting one of these, but after getting the chance to play one, I am considering it. They are very tiny...I mean, I didn't realize how small they would be. The screen is very bright also. I registered to win a free one signed by Fall Out Boy, so if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get that one.

There was a large screen in the middle with a Gamecube projected onto it from behind, and four wavebirds. One of the staff ran this and up to four people would play either Double Dash or Super Smash Bros. Melee against each other. It was a lot of fun playing against people I've never met.

There were four game cube sets hooked up to demo games as well. One had Geist (I didn't bother with it), one had RE4 on it (I've already finished that), one had Mario Baseball (I've played it before already, it is very good), and the other had The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess. There were two stages to demo on this. One was the village stage, which is basically a tutorial, and must be the first area of the game. The first thing you learn to do is to pull up a weed from the ground and call Epona to you. After this, you get to explore the village while trying to meet up with some chick for some ceremony (I didn't pay much attention to the story of what was going on at the time). You also learn how to use the sword and everything else you probably already know how to do if you played Windwaker or Ocarina of Time. The most amusing part of this demo stage was when I disturbed a hornets nest and had to run from them and jump in the river to avoid them. Something else that was cool is that there was a canoe that you could paddle in the river. Also, Link was wearing that weird outfit that you may have seen in some pictures in this stage.

The other demo level was a lot more fun, as it was a battle. You start out on horseback and fight other creatures that are riding some creatures. This was fun as it was the first time I've got to fight with a sword on horseback in a Zelda game (I was able to get off of horseback as well here, but had no desire to). After I killed a bunch of the enemies I went after the boss enemy. After chasing him and hitting him several times to remove his armor, there is a cutscene in which you chase him onto a bridge and have to fight him. It's kind of like a joust, with him at one side and Link at the other, and you run at each other and Link has to dodge to the side (using the analog stick) and slash at enemy. After hitting him successfully twice, the enemy falls off of the bridge and the demo of this stage is over.

The experience was great. Tickets were only 25 bucks, and it was well worth the money. The concert was great, the Nintendo stuff was great, and I got free stuff. Also, Motion City Soundtrack went downstairs after their set and met with the fans which was very very cool of them. And most of the people there were high schoolers who think they are punks or something and didn't care about the Nintendo stuff, so I didn't have to wait to try out any of the games really. I played the Zelda demo three times. I am very happy to have gotten to play Twilight Princess now and Mario Kart DS. I can't wait to get Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing on the DS and play online, hopefully with some of you.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Replies:

IkariDC
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Nintendo Fusion Tour" , posted Wed 19 Oct 20:01post reply

quote:
I can't wait to get Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing on the DS and play online, hopefully with some of you.

Sure, count me in!

Kikkoken
1022th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Nintendo Fusion Tour" , posted Wed 19 Oct 20:42post reply

quote:
I can't wait to get Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing on the DS and play online, hopefully with some of you.

Sure, count me in!

And me too, tabernacle!

Hungrywolf
3083th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Nintendo Fusion Tour" , posted Thu 20 Oct 10:41post reply

So, has anyone else gotten the chance to try out Mario Kart DS or Twilight Princess anywhere?

Hungry Like the Wolf