the Master Chief in DOA4... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3348 Views )

NARUTO
3258th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Mon 17 Oct 19:57post reply

bungie spread the rumor at the XO 5, and here is the pics. A Halo characters in DOA4 as a guest, when player expected the Female AI to show up, it's the Master chief who will come.

fight!

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Replies:

Ammadeau
1444th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Mon 17 Oct 20:18post reply

quote:
bungie spread the rumor at the XO 5, and here is the pics. A Halo characters in DOA4 as a guest, when player expected the Female AI to show up, it's the Master chief who will come.

fight!

No, it's a female Spartan. It's just that all spartans look the same in armor. Seriously, it's not MC. Bungie confirmed that some time ago.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

aderack
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Mon 17 Oct 23:19post reply

So it's Samus Aran, then.

shin ramberk
189th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 02:17post reply

quote:

fight!

Wow, does anyone else think this is a pointless crossover? Its a nice novelty but time and money could have been better spent on something else. Like making a new and interesting character or... something else. Eh. I guess this will get Halo fanboys to but a few extra copies of this game.

I wonder if Tecmo has regretted going X-Box exclusive. Or maybe they're just afraid of VF and Tekken. Ha. Heh.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

crazymike
1176th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 02:42:post reply

quote:

Wow, does anyone else think this is a pointless crossover? Its a nice novelty but time and money could have been better spent on something else. Like making a new and interesting character or... something else. Eh. I guess this will get Halo fanboys to but a few extra copies of this game.

I wonder if Tecmo has regretted going X-Box exclusive. Or maybe they're just afraid of VF and Tekken. Ha. Heh.

Not as pointless as Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. Gotta give credit, at least Microsoft have helped to cultivate an iconic character for their system much like Nintendo has with Link.

After 10 years now Sony still doesn't have a major title that everyone thinks of as being "Sony". Where is their Samus Aran or Mario?

And being afraid of Tekken isn't saying much. Tekken Tag Team 4 revision 2.6 what now lol.

[this message was edited by crazymike on Tue 18 Oct 02:43]

shin ramberk
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 06:59post reply

quote:

Not as pointless as Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. Gotta give credit, at least Microsoft have helped to cultivate an iconic character for their system much like Nintendo has with Link.

After 10 years now Sony still doesn't have a major title that everyone thinks of as being "Sony". Where is their Samus Aran or Mario?

And being afraid of Tekken isn't saying much. Tekken Tag Team 4 revision 2.6 what now lol.

But, Heihachi and Link are way more suitable for a fighting game then Master Chief will ever be. Link is a perfect fit. Heihachi, well he is Tekken.

And Master Chief as a video game mascot? Barely. Ask any x-box owner or regular gamer, what they think is the mascot for the X-Box and I bet most folks will say, "the x-box has a mascot?" I'm not even sure Microsoft even tried to make him into a mascot. Maybe they're trying now. But eh. Master Chief is no where close to Sonic or Mario or Samus.

And the mascot for the PS2 is the Sony logo.

It might be a neat gimmick. But eh.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Burning Ranger
1314th Post

"Re(4):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 10:24post reply

quote:

And Master Chief as a video game mascot? Barely. Ask any x-box owner or regular gamer, what they think is the mascot for the X-Box and I bet most folks will say, "the x-box has a mascot?" I'm not even sure Microsoft even tried to make him into a mascot. Maybe they're trying now. But eh. Master Chief is no where close to Sonic or Mario or Samus.

The consoles don't have mascots, per-se... it's more the company's mascots. Sony and MS don't have mascots (sorry, but the Chief is not Microsoft's mascot). And the consoles don't really have mascots these days anyway. Can you honestly say Mario is the defining character of the GC?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

GPA
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 10:36post reply

quote:

The consoles don't have mascots, per-se... it's more the company's mascots. Sony and MS don't have mascots (sorry, but the Chief is not Microsoft's mascot). And the consoles don't really have mascots these days anyway. Can you honestly say Mario is the defining character of the GC?

Too bad they weren't doing this kind of cross over thing in the long past days of Segata Sanshiro... (My hopes for him in (Sega)Sammy/Capcom have been dashed, so... )

Grave
926th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 11:00post reply

The industry is growing up, or at least, trying to. Mascots are not an issue anymore.

Anyway, I dig the female Spartan being in the game, as long as I can give her black armor and call her "Tex." In fact, I like the idea of DOA4 even better now.

Especially if she has an alternate costume where she is in a bikini but still has the helmet on. That would be fun.

Ammadeau
1445th Post

"Re(4):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 11:11post reply

quote:

To some people he's more recognizable than Mario and Sonic, and certainly more well liked than both put together. I think you'd be surprised just how well known he is. I've talked to people my father's age in the IS industry who know MC and own xboxs to play Halo 2 online matches. Saying Samus would just result in blank stares.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Undead Fred
2518th Post

"Re(3):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 12:06post reply

quote:

Well, for a while, Sony sort of kind of had Crash Bandicoot, but they don't really have a character with staying power. But hey, I've got nothing against them not having some long-standing worn-out franchise to represent them.

Yeah, this is a pointless little cross-over, but as it's been said, it's not the only one. I like dumb little crossovers (you know, like Reiko showing up in MGS3S or Spawn in SC2), but I guess I'm "bleh" over Master Chief showing up in DOA4 just because Halo 2 was so beyond over-hyped that it left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where I want to avoid all contact with Halo for a long time.

NARUTO
3259th Post

"Re(4):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 17:17post reply

the rumor about a hidden Halo character was made long ago but at this time, fans was thinking to a Female AI. (sorry never played Halo so...) But no, AND IT'S CONFIRMED TO BE THE MASTER CHIEF(!!!!) as well....

BTW DOA4 is maybe going the way SC2 was, since the game have been already annouced multi-support (no more X-box exclusive, same for Ninja gaiden 2.), the game may have a different hidden character...since I won't see the MF on a Ps3.

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Radish
3064th Post

"Re(1):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 19:52post reply

Master Chief is the most generic and boring character design I've ever seen. In context of Halo he's ok since most of the time you are him so his blandness isn't an issue, but in a fighting game it would stand out.

For some reason Halo fans really like him though so whatever sell copies I guess.

Maese Spt
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Would Itagaki dare to put Heihachi on PS3 ?" , posted Tue 18 Oct 19:56post reply

quote:

BTW DOA4 is maybe going the way SC2 was, since the game have been already annouced multi-support (no more X-box exclusive, same for Ninja gaiden 2.), the game may have a different hidden character...

Wait a minute... DOA4 is not Xbox exclusive? WTF? So Itagaki will have to put his stinky pants down and go the same way his beloved Namco went with SC2? Nyaaaa haaa haaa, serves him well.

Anyway, I´d love to see what exclusive character will they put into PS3 version. I guess it would be the ICO protagonist, or something like that (maybe the Wanda to Kyôzo guy, as long as is a pure Sony character) but... honestly, it would rock to see Heihachi or Kazuya kicking arshes in a DOA. Thus Itagaki could teach us how Tekken series *should* be, after all those years of ranting...

The brave do not fear the grave

e5150
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Tue 18 Oct 20:16post reply

quote:

fight!

No, it's a female Spartan. It's just that all spartans look the same in armor. Seriously, it's not MC. Bungie confirmed that some time ago.

Why do they put in a new female character that doesn't get to show off her DD breasts?

Dr Baghead
3518th Post

"Re(1):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Wed 19 Oct 10:56post reply

I like to call Master Chief "Master Chef"... for the longest time I thought that was his name until my little brother was like "Dude! It's CHEIF stop saying Chef" but if you ask me "Master Chef" is a much better name for an elite military commander, has more character to it, like "Master Chief" that's so generic but "Master Chef" you wonder how he got that name... did he start he work in the mess halls alot before becoming the heroic battle commander he is now? Does he "cook" or "smoke" his enemies with such skill he earned the name?! Is he maybe a decendant of the dude from PO'ed and as he's continuing the family leagacy of FPS'in' he needed a name to reflect his roots?!?! You don't get any of that with "Master Cheif" you just know "oh he's masterful at cheifing" WHATEVER!

It is sorta funny people joking said "So who's gonna be on the XBox version of SC2... MASTER CHEIF?!? LOL!" only to have DoA actually do so. (yeah, it's not MC, but still)

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Ishmael
2248th Post

"Re(2):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Wed 19 Oct 22:51post reply

quote:
I like to call Master Chief "Master Chef"...

It's odd but I've always thought that Master Chef would be a much better name for the guy as well. Master Chief always struck me as a redundant name. Something like Master Chef or Grand Poobah, however, would still get across the gist of what his name is trying to convey but would be different enough to be memorable.

HARO
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):the Master Chief in DOA4..." , posted Thu 20 Oct 00:29post reply

quote:

But, Heihachi and Link are way more suitable for a fighting game then Master Chief will ever be. Link is a perfect fit. Heihachi, well he is Tekken.

Let's keep it in context here. Putting Heihachi in Soul Calibur, a weapons combat game, is no more ridiculous than putting a Spartan, from a fps, in DOA.

Hell, it would be better if they were switched. Send a Spartan back in a time warp created by some ancient tech to retrieve the Sould Edge to defeat the brood. Meanwhile, Heihachi wants to kick the asses of those pansy ass DOA chars just to show 'em who is boss. Makes more sense to me.

Have you even seen Link on the GC version of SC2? He pulls bombs out of his ass. He makes funny noises.

It's a gimmick intended to sell the game. After a while it won't even come as surprising that there is a guest char in there.