Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1956 Views )

Adon
1542th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Thu 13 Oct 10:00post reply

Hey I picked up today looks good on the cover. It has been on hiatus for good while now. I think I will try to read it tomorrow. Any one interested in discussing it here is the thread.

Nice 1.99 cover price!

Replies:

GekigangerV
1174th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Thu 13 Oct 11:36post reply

quote:
Hey I picked up today looks good on the cover. It has been on hiatus for good while now. I think I will try to read it tomorrow. Any one interested in discussing it here is the thread.

Nice 1.99 cover price!

It wasn't too bad, but the story wasn't that interesting since it was just a quick rehash of Ryu's background. I guess it was just a way to have Ryu in India to meet Dhalsim in the real start of the series. I love the art though.

I was just skimming through the interviews and was surprised to find out that Alvin Lee did the DVD cover to SFA Generations.

I am not too sure what to think about the Rival Schools comic. The way that that Rey guy(gal?) draws the eyes on girls is really weird. It kind of turns me off.

Adon
1545th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Sun 16 Oct 05:45post reply

quote:

Nice 1.99 cover price!

It wasn't too bad, but the story wasn't that interesting since it was just a quick rehash of Ryu's background. I guess it was just a way to have Ryu in India to meet Dhalsim in the real start of the series. I love the art though.

I was just skimming through the interviews and was surprised to find out that Alvin Lee did the DVD cover to SFA Generations.

I am not too sure what to think about the Rival Schools comic. The way that that Rey guy(gal?) draws the eyes on girls is really weird. It kind of turns me off.

Well I just went through it. Yes its great to see the art quality improved. I hope they won't do any of those silly covers they started to do in 1-14. It was also nice to know that the Alpha characters will still have some part in this. There is still hope for an Adon foil after all. Yes for a story not much there pretty short. All though issue 1 looks to be pretty promising. It’s nice to see the comic come back after the hiatus.

Ishmael
2262th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Tue 1 Nov 05:45post reply

I just finally got around to picking up this issue and I just wanted to make a quick comment. While I could take or leave Rey's art in the RS comic the news that Edayan is on board for a cover really got my attention. Has a preview shot for this cover shown up online yet?

Sano
2005th Post

"Re(4):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Tue 1 Nov 13:19:post reply

quote:
I just finally got around to picking up this issue and I just wanted to make a quick comment. While I could take or leave Rey's art in the RS comic the news that Edayan is on board for a cover really got my attention. Has a preview shot for this cover shown up online yet?

Cover C

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 1 Nov 13:20]

GekigangerV
1180th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Tue 1 Nov 13:27post reply

quote:

Cover C

Damn. That will be the first foil cover I buy.

At least the price difference isn't as great as the SF comic since it appears the MSRP of Rival Schools is $5. Is there any reason for that considering it is a B&W book? I think I will just get the first issue for the cover and wait for the trade paper back and save a little.

Ishmael
2267th Post

"Re(5):Udon SF2 #0 hits 10-12-05" , posted Wed 2 Nov 06:06post reply

quote:

Cover C

Thanks!