Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2348 Views )

Cain Highwind
623th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 04:17post reply

Lion Sora is too cuuuute!
Seriously I'm stoked that the Buena Vista "leak" turned out to be true.

FFXII Scans. nothing too interesting

Child of Mana for the DS scans (are those Anime cutscenes I see?)

Replies:

talbaineric
6195th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 06:53post reply

*dies* Woot! Damn, this game is shaping up to be the sweetest. Can't wait til March 2006 now for the game tc come here!

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

NARUTO
3251th Post

"Re(2):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 17:12post reply

Yes Cain, those are anime screen, they were already shown on the 1st scans.

BTW Eric, lion Sora was supposed to be in KH1, but like many thing disney asked to removes it. Buy an Ultimania and see how many thins Disney trashed...
For exemple did you know why Mickey show up only once in KH1??...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Spoon
1213th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 17:32:post reply

quote:
Lion Sora is too cuuuute!
Seriously I'm stoked that the Buena Vista "leak" turned out to be true.

FFXII Scans. nothing too interesting

I actually thought the topic title said, "King Lion in KHII"... now THAT would've been something.

Seeing Donald and Goofy as other animal types... especially with their NORMAL heads (unlike the kid who's had his head redone to fit the lion body).... is really freaky.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Thu 13 Oct 19:48]

Cain Highwind
625th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 18:08:post reply

quote:

BTW Eric, lion Sora was supposed to be in KH1, but like many thing disney asked to removes it. Buy an Ultimania and see how many thins Disney trashed...

Yeah I remember coming across that early doodle. It was like an anthropomorphic lion complete with a tail. I'm not so sure Disney was to blame for it though.

EDIT: I also remember something about Nomura saying the spirit of Walt Dinsey himself was supposed to be in the game (possibly being the "voice" from the beginning of KHI) but Disney (the company) didn't like that idea. I know that much.

Spoon: Agreed (got your quotes mixed up there)

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Thu 13 Oct 18:09]

talbaineric
6196th Post

"Re(4):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Thu 13 Oct 21:38post reply

quote:

Yeah I remember coming across that early doodle. It was like an anthropomorphic lion complete with a tail. I'm not so sure Disney was to blame for it though.

EDIT: I also remember something about Nomura saying the spirit of Walt Dinsey himself was supposed to be in the game (possibly being the "voice" from the beginning of KHI) but Disney (the company) didn't like that idea. I know that much.

Spoon: Agreed (got your quotes mixed up there)

Yeah I knew Naruto, but now that they've brought Lion King back as a world. All is forgiven and now I eagerly await this game. Hmm....where's Timon and Pumbaa?!?

Also from what I hear, the world is gonna be called "Hakuna Matata". Oh, and for those who don't know, Steamboat Willie's world is called "Timeless River" and PoTC's world is called "Port Royal".

shin ramberk
185th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 00:46post reply

quote:

Naruto, or anyone else, can somebody explain what Disney wanted cut out in KH1 and why? Or post a link explaining why. I'm curious.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

HARO
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 01:34post reply

quote:

You fucking cock tease.

NARUTO
3254th Post

"Re(4):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 16:31post reply

quote:
Naruto, or anyone else, can somebody explain what Disney wanted cut out in KH1 and why? Or post a link explaining why. I'm curious.

there is many things disney asked to remove on KH1. For exemple lion Sora, was an costume more that a true lion ( like in halloween town) many of those costumes was previewsly made but disney didn't like those so...no costumes. Only Halloween twon and the mermaid version exist. but like I say, a lion sora exist in art and Nomura talked about a Gladiator sora and a knight sora was in plan.

Disnet have removed some original worlds, they wanted their worlds. they'ed make the game release too much sooner, that why the 3 version exist, and the final mix is just what KH1 wa supposed to be...

And mickey shows up only once because disney said that it was their 1st star. so they doesn't want to use it so much.
and the didn't trust square at 1st, so they just allowed them 1 use of him. So nomura have thinked that the end was the better moments to show him...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Ishmael
2238th Post

"Re(5):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 01:49post reply

quote:
and the didn't trust square at 1st, so they just allowed them 1 use of him.

If Square was pitching out ideas like having the dead founder of the company show up in a videogame I can't say I'm surprised it took a little while for Disney to warm up to them.

shin ramberk
187th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 05:48post reply

quote:
and the didn't trust square at 1st, so they just allowed them 1 use of him.
If Square was pitching out ideas like having the dead founder of the company show up in a videogame I can't say I'm surprised it took a little while for Disney to warm up to them.

If done well, I don't see why not. I never got into Disney movies or entertainment but even I would think it would be interesting or cool to have a "Disney" guide or spirit in the game. Walt Disney literally "made" "Disney Magic." I don't think there is anything inappropriate. In fact, I think its -very- appropriate. But thats just my opinion.

Dr Baghead
3517th Post

"Re(7):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Sun 16 Oct 10:44post reply

quote:
If done well, I don't see why not. I never got into Disney movies or entertainment but even I would think it would be interesting or cool to have a "Disney" guide or spirit in the game. Walt Disney literally "made" "Disney Magic." I don't think there is anything inappropriate. In fact, I think its -very- appropriate. But thats just my opinion.

I can agree how that's not a tastless idea (he's like Obi-Wan Kenobi, just a wise mentor in spirit form sorta deal I guess, right?... not some random cameo)

but it is pretty pointless when you think about it. 99% of the Worlds/characters visted are from well after Walt's time... and it's clear Eisner has made sure Walt's spirit has no guiding force in the compnay, so it would come across more as "Hey! Look it's Walt Disney's ghost! Ain't that a fun thing" rather then "The creator of this universe is aiding me! How inspiring!"

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

shin ramberk
188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Mon 17 Oct 03:03post reply

quote:

but it is pretty pointless when you think about it. 99% of the Worlds/characters visted are from well after Walt's time... and it's clear Eisner has made sure Walt's spirit has no guiding force in the compnay, so it would come across more as "Hey! Look it's Walt Disney's ghost! Ain't that a fun thing" rather then "The creator of this universe is aiding me! How inspiring!"

Eisner is out. Like I said, I'm not a Disney fan, but even I'm glad that monster is no longer running Disney. Blech. Total control freak.

talbaineric
6200th Post

"Re(9):Lion King in KHII and other S-E stuff" , posted Mon 17 Oct 03:19:post reply

quote:

Eisner is out. Like I said, I'm not a Disney fan, but even I'm glad that monster is no longer running Disney. Blech. Total control freak.

[mindless Disney rambling] Yeah, it seems, even though it's only been for 2 weeks, that Iger is already handling the company well. (apparently he's been running it since March after they wanted Eisner out). He's already been improving relations with shareholders and former partners (Steve Jobs etc). I can't wait to see what the next few years will bring.

Well, I think Eisner was responsible for a lot of bad shit that happened toward the end, but he did bring the company back out from the grave back in the early 80's. He made Disney TV animation (oh Darkwing Duck and Talespin, such good memories), resurregence in the theme parks and merchandising, and under his reign we did get a lot of good movies (and some not good ones but gotta look at the positives). But yeah, I think his last 5 years at the company will be remembered as dark times. I can say the only good things to come out of the last 5 years were probably Brother Bear, Lilo & Stitch, and some of their live action hits like Pirates of the Caribbean, Freaky Friday and Haunted Mansion (well, kinda nix the last one, it could've been better if Burton had been invovled somehow). [/mindless Disney rambling]

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Mon 17 Oct 03:22]