Question about SNK designs.. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2341 Views )

Falikors
147th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Question about SNK designs.." , posted Mon 10 Oct 16:21post reply

Pardon me if this is common knowledge XD but its crossed my mind lately, and I may have forgot.. but could someone tell me if there is one, character designer for the main group of the KOF cast? like Kyo, Iori, Athena and co.. like the most well known designs throught the years.. is that by Shinkirou or?

Thanks! :O

メガ秘密攻撃#48:
牛インストールする!

Replies:

NARUTO
3248th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Mon 10 Oct 16:43post reply

Well I dodn't clearly understand you question, but all I can say is that Shinkiro was oing all the characters design from KOF94 to KOF2000.(during the SNK part, after Eolith and playmore changed.)

But as far I know shinkiro just did the art of the characters, he didn't create them (or not all of them) since for exemple for KOF99 SNK hired a dude (forgot his name) who have forked on the game Daraku tenshi (Fallen angels)...and that's why K' and Maxima look so close to Daraku tenshin characters...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Iggy
7327th Post

"Re(2):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Mon 10 Oct 17:49post reply

quote:
Well I dodn't clearly understand you question

I should be ashamed of myself, but...
Hehehehehe.

So, what I somehow remember in this gray morning, is that I think each character has a planner (who usually deals with several characters) whose job is to make the character, and to follow his evolution from the design to the smallest details in the lag of his moves in the finished product.

And I guess the father(s) of Kyō, Athena and gang are long gone.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

mugener
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Mon 10 Oct 17:58post reply

quote:
So, what I somehow remember in this gray morning, is that I think each character has a planner (who usually deals with several characters) whose job is to make the character, and to follow his evolution from the design to the smallest details in the lag of his moves in the finished product.

And I guess the father(s) of Kyō, Athena and gang are long gone.

So it's like you create characters but can't keep earning money from them?

Gees, that's an awful job, seeing your creations earn lot of money for someone else...

CHAZumaru
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Mon 10 Oct 18:29post reply

quote:
that's an awful job, seeing your creations earn lot of money for someone else...

I hope that was sarcastic, otherwise life will disappoint you.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

aderack
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Tue 11 Oct 00:34:post reply

quote:
Shinkiro was oing all the characters design from KOF94 to KOF2000. But as far I know shinkiro just did the art of the characters

In other words he was the illustrator. Which is different from a designer, although the tasks might at times overlap.

Say, Falcoon. It's abundantly clear that he both designed and illustrated the new characters for KOF2003 and the Max Impact games. It may well be that Shinkirou was involved with some of the design from '94 to 2000 -- Chizuru, for instance, I'd totally give to him. It's hard to say definitively, though.

As Iggy says, some specific characters are designed and maintained by specific staff members. There's one guy, I know, who has been responsible for most of the bosses in the series. And the Athena guy is still with us, at least as of a game or two ago!

Mind, I don't recall the names of either of these people.

[this message was edited by aderack on Tue 11 Oct 01:19]

Moriya
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Tue 11 Oct 14:32post reply

quote:
Say, Falcoon. It's abundantly clear that he both designed and illustrated the new characters for KOF2003 and the Max Impact games.

KOF2003? Are you sure? I thought he had only created the characters from Maximum Impact...

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

NARUTO
3249th Post

"Re(3):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Tue 11 Oct 17:30post reply

quote:
I should be ashamed of myself, but...
Hehehehehe.

Laugh, Iggy, laugh when you still can...
My vengence will be horible...
quote:

Gees, that's an awful job, seeing your creations earn lot of money for someone else...

Or worst when you create a good character, that someone trash the next game... Like in who was really nice in 2000 and who was done ridiculus by Eolith..

quote:

As Iggy says, some specific characters are designed and maintained by specific staff members. There's one guy, I know, who has been responsible for most of the bosses in the series. And the Athena guy is still with us, at least as of a game or two ago!

Mind, I don't recall the names of either of these people.

that's it. and here comes the daraku tenshi dude. Like I said he did K' and Maxima for sure maybe some other. But K'& Maxima look SO close to the DT heroes... I'll try to find some pics....

Tu Fuis Ego eris...

Rid
6861th Post

"Re(4):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Tue 11 Oct 20:11post reply

Styleos, the Daraku Tenshi and Ibara artist/character designer, is the designer of K', Maxima and Angel, and if I remember correctly in some games he's credited for Iori and Takuma.

The official KOF site mentions that everything in Angel is his creation, that's why she has such an unique profile. Even took names of songs of a band he likes for her moves.

aderack
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 06:58post reply

quote:
KOF2003? Are you sure? I thought he had only created the characters from Maximum Impact...

In particular, just look at the hero team. IF Shen Woo isn't a Falcoon character, with his bare chest, open shirt, and overall color scheme, I don't know what is. Likewise, who else would have designed Ash?

Anyway. If anyone has something to add, there's this:

http://www.insertcredit.com/wiki/doku.php?id=styleos

beto
901th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 07:46post reply

quote:

In particular, just look at the hero team. IF Shen Woo isn't a Falcoon character, with his bare chest, open shirt, and overall color scheme, I don't know what is. Likewise, who else would have designed Ash?

Falcoon didn´t create a single one of them.

Check the KOF 2003 - Flame of Nova mook.

Evenor
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 08:05post reply

The planets must be aligned.... MASTERPOSTER BACK TO LE MMCAFE BOARDS?!

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

aderack
183th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 08:08post reply

quote:
Check the KOF 2003 - Flame of Nova mook.

Right away! I'll just look it up in my local library.

Nate
700th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 08:59post reply

Masterposter, where have you been?! Masterposting elsewhere?

700get

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Rid
6863th Post

"Re(7):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Wed 12 Oct 09:57post reply

Guh, he's back :(

NARUTO
3252th Post

"Re(8):Question about SNK designs.." , posted Thu 13 Oct 17:32post reply

Thanks Rid for Styleos name. But he didn't Totaly create angel, or maybe...
In fact Angel exesit under a 2nd name "spitz-nass" (showed in KOf 2000 mook)at this point her design was the same just her clothes where made in a Mature like style. (same pant and stuff, but was made Nice lady style not leather...) So or Styleos made 2 differente concept and chose one of them, or someone else did spitz-nass and styleos "corected" her. anyway Angel is a nice character.

And MasterPoster seems to be right, Falcoon just did the art for KOF2003 it seems...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...