Gyakuten Saiban 4 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1985 Views )

Iggy
7313th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Gyakuten Saiban 4" , posted Thu 6 Oct 00:28:post reply

No remakes of GS2&3, we jump directly to GS4.

Thank you Takushu, I love you.

EDIT !
I guess if they're announcing it that early (more than a year to go, and the very hero is still being design, and still has no name) it means the GS crowd was (rightfully) disapointed in GS yomigaeru, and they have to be reassured ?
Either way, great news.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 6 Oct 00:34]

Replies:

CHAZumaru
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Information" , posted Thu 6 Oct 00:36post reply

Hmmm besides the Famitsu scans from this morning, do you have any info on the game that I missed ? Famitsu is doing nothing else than announcing the game for 2006, giving away the logo and a few tiny arts... Like, as there been any confirmation of "no GS2&3 port" somewhere ? It seems logical, but it surprises me that Capcom would pass on a chance to milk more money out of fans.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Iggy
7313th Post

"Re(1):Information" , posted Thu 6 Oct 00:40post reply

quote:
Hmmm besides the Famitsu scans from this morning, do you have any info on the game that I missed ? Famitsu is doing nothing else than announcing the game for 2006, giving away the logo and a few tiny arts...

Nothing more than the logo and the roughs for the hero have been shown at the show.
I mean, the hero doesn't even has a name, we don't even know on which side of the trial he is (Mitsurugi or Naruhodo).
I find the rough very Saibaiban-ish, if I may.
quote:
it surprises me that Capcom would pass on a chance to milk more money out of fans.

Yomigaeru didn't bomb, but it didn't mean it was popular.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Pollyanna
1455th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Information" , posted Thu 6 Oct 06:40:post reply

This is why I like being a video game fan. Because ANY time...ANY day you can suddenly get the best news ever. Now, I have a beautiful birthday present.

EDIT: Iggy, do you mean is he prosecution or defense by "side of the trial?". He's defense. He has the little pin.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 6 Oct 08:47]

Iggy
7316th Post

"Re(3):Information" , posted Thu 6 Oct 17:05post reply

quote:
EDIT: Iggy, do you mean is he prosecution or defense by "side of the trial?". He's defense. He has the little pin.

Ah, you're right.
I must have been really tired when I looked those.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

tenguman
258th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Information" , posted Fri 7 Oct 01:37post reply

Anyone played the extra chapter that comes with Yomigaeru?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Pollyanna
1459th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Information" , posted Fri 7 Oct 06:49post reply

No, I haven't ordered the LE, because I've been too busy. Also, NCSX has been sold out for quite some time. Is there another good place to order things? Preferably in America, though that's not necessary, I suppose.

IkariDC
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Information" , posted Fri 7 Oct 06:56post reply

quote:
No, I haven't ordered the LE, because I've been too busy. Also, NCSX has been sold out for quite some time. Is there another good place to order things? Preferably in America, though that's not necessary, I suppose.

I wanted to order the Limited Editio too, but is was sold out just EVERYWHERE some days before the official release. I guess that I'll get the american release.

CHAZumaru
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Information" , posted Fri 7 Oct 07:40post reply

quote:
Anyone played the extra chapter that comes with Yomigaeru?

I did. Though keep in mind that prior to Gyakuten DS, I had only played a bit of GS1 and GS3, so Gyakuten DS is my first extended experience with the series. It's the best scenario avaiable in the game, and one can feel it has been written and thought up with much more experience. The DS gimmicks are nice, and I appreciated how they were simply yet efficiently brought up in the storyline.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
the new girl has a heavy scientific background and therefore influences Naruhodo/Phoenix's approach of the trial with new CSI-like techniques and most of all the imporance of looking at a clue from all points of views (i.e. via a 3D environment to rotate and zoom on the clue)

End of Spoiler

The main issue with the game is that the new chapter spawns (spawned?) an issue for possible adaptations of the GBA sequels on DS. Why would the gameplay (which is sensibly different in the Yomigaeru Gyakuten chapter) come back to the GBA-like gameplays of the first chapters whereas this story is supposed to happen between GS1 and GS2? In terms of storyline, the context of the Yomigaeru chapter explains its gameplay particularities, but then how do you include them again in GS2 and 3 ? People who dicovered the game with GS DS wouldn't understand why some cases are truely DS "compatible" whereas others are not, and people who have been following the series since the GBA would get bored quickly.

I don't know if I was perfectly clear in my previous paragraph, but this is why the direct jump to GS4 would be quite understandable to me.

Hell, were I Capcom, I'd translate the GBA versions of Gyakuten Saiban 2 and 3 instead of 1) not doing anything or 2) doing some stupid DS ports. It would solve every issues Capcom is facing right now, without costing anything to Capcom other than translation, yet the DS demographic would still be concerned by the releases since the console is GBA compatible.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!