Hand in Killer7 english translation - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4152 Views )

Spoon
1203th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Hand in Killer7 english translation" , posted Fri 30 Sep 04:41post reply

Anybody else had a look at this?

Seems the people translating this companion book to Killer7 just finished up a major block of it last week. Though how much of it is designed to be actual backstory to the game or is a total tangent to the game, or are ideas that they didn't have enough time to implement/expound in the game can be sometimes hard to tell, it's still interesting.

The deal with Kun Lan remains as confusing as ever, though.

http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/logos_awakening/HAND_IN_KILLER7.txt

Note: Mozilla still doesn't like the mmcafe buttons.

Replies:

Ishmael
2226th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Hand in Killer7 english translation" , posted Sat 1 Oct 01:17post reply

I am glad that someone is translating this book since I doubt there will be a follow-up game and I'll take any K7 info I can get. What's interesting about the book is that while it expands on the story it also manages to expand on the ambiguity as well. It does, however, seem to confirm most of my initial theories about what was going on in K7 so while every little detail didn't make it in it seems that the story that the creators wanted to tell is still present.

I also liked all of the little trivia bits the book contained like the news that Johnny Gagnon was snuffed by Samantha or that in the year 2170 Overdrive Mask de Smith is going to kick the hell out of billions of flying Smiles in the skies of Detroit.

Spoon
1204th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Hand in Killer7 english translation" , posted Sat 1 Oct 03:17post reply

quote:
I am glad that someone is translating this book since I doubt there will be a follow-up game and I'll take any K7 info I can get. What's interesting about the book is that while it expands on the story it also manages to expand on the ambiguity as well. It does, however, seem to confirm most of my initial theories about what was going on in K7 so while every little detail didn't make it in it seems that the story that the creators wanted to tell is still present.

I also liked all of the little trivia bits the book contained like the news that Johnny Gagnon was snuffed by Samantha or that in the year 2170 Overdrive Mask de Smith is going to kick the hell out of billions of flying Smiles in the skies of Detroit.

I've heard that Suda's adventure games all seem to be somewhat referential to each other, even though they are each their own game.

That Overdrive Mask part made me laugh, too.

deisied
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Hand in Killer7 english translation" , posted Tue 4 Oct 05:07post reply

Yeah, I'm one of the three people who worked on that translation. Basically, Hand-In is a window into a window. Killer7 being one look into this world in SUDA's mind, Hand-In being a companion look into that vision. To tell the truth, a lot of the information in Hand-In flat-out negates the game. This doesn't make either the game or the book particularly wrong, it just means he does what he could/wanted to with Killer7, as an experience and as a stand alone piece, but it certainly wasn't the extent of his imagination regarding the particulars of the mythos and such.

Either way, Hand-In was a really fun project just for the things like Harman Deltahead and OVERDRIVE MASK De Smith. Even though I think it's for the best he doesn't make another game set in the immediate Killer7 world, it definitely make it fun to imagine with that material.