Disgaea 2? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2456 Views )

OYashiroForever
847th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Disgaea 2?" , posted Thu 29 Sep 02:49:post reply

Magicbox claims that Nippon Ichi announced a true Disgaea sequel for release in December in Japan.

While I am kinda sick of NIS' games (200+ hrs. in to Disgaea, 60 in to Phantom Brave, and I kinda gave up on Phantom Kingdom 1/2 way through), I'll still get it on principle... assuming, of course, that they didn't confuse this with the previously announced anime or something.

Edit: Apparently it's going to be in the next Famitsu... so the announcement's probably bogus, but the game is coming.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Thu 29 Sep 03:02]

Replies:

Zepy
1133th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Disgaea 2?" , posted Thu 29 Sep 07:03post reply

here

The world's only surviving human + the daughter of a maou are the new main characters.

3 years after Disgaea. Characters from Phantom Kingdom will also be appearing.

2006 release.

Ishmael
2219th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Disgaea 2?" , posted Thu 29 Sep 21:46post reply

If Disgaea 2 features more Captain Gordon jokes I'll be certain to pick it up.

OYashiroForever
848th Post

"Scans" , posted Sat 1 Oct 05:30:post reply

Scans can be found on Gaming Age's forums.

Etna + Prinnies return. Sprites look more like PB/PK.

Scans

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Sat 1 Oct 05:32]

Pollyanna
1447th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Scans" , posted Sat 1 Oct 06:27post reply

quote:
Sprites look more like PB/PK.

How so? They look (good) like the Disgaea sprites to me. Bigger, at least.

Variable Savior
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Scans" , posted Sat 1 Oct 06:59post reply

Sweet! There goes another 300 hours of my life.

::recalls owning unopened copies of Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom::

Make that 900 hours...

Seriously though, I hope that they add something significant to the combat system. I liked the way things worked in Disgaea but I'll be disappointed if they more or less offer only more of the same.

Blood marks heaven's path

Ishmael
2227th Post

"Re(3):Scans" , posted Mon 3 Oct 05:36post reply

I'm not sure what to make of the idea that the main male character dresses like Vanessa from KoF. But what's going on with the transforming characters? Do their sprites change when they level up?

OYashiroForever
848th Post

"Re(4):Scans" , posted Mon 3 Oct 12:15post reply

quote:
I'm not sure what to make of the idea that the main male character dresses like Vanessa from KoF. But what's going on with the transforming characters? Do their sprites change when they level up?

If you're referring to the side-by-side pics on the Famitsu scan, those are comparison shots between characters from Disgaea and how they look in the sequel.

I like the new female mage.

Ishmael
2228th Post

"Re(5):Scans" , posted Tue 4 Oct 00:12post reply

quote:
If you're referring to the side-by-side pics on the Famitsu scan, those are comparison shots between characters from Disgaea and how they look in the sequel.

Ah, silly me. I've become so used to recycled sprites that it never even dawned on me that they would re-draw the characters.

Time Mage
2261th Post

"Re(6):Scans" , posted Tue 4 Oct 01:26post reply

I hope they make the battle system and the AI much better. The game was fun because of the story and dialogue, but the battles got old and boring pretty quickly: No strategy is needed, only leveling and more leveling. I think I had to use my brain like... once in the whole game.