Comiket Serivce? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1614 Views )

Mog
391th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Comiket Serivce?" , posted Sat 24 Sep 10:44post reply

Has anyone here used or heard anything about Comic Market Service? There are a few things I'm interested in, but I would like to read some feedback on the store before I order anything.

Replies:

click
621th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Comiket Serivce?" , posted Sat 24 Sep 11:55post reply

quote:
Has anyone here used or heard anything about Comic Market Service? There are a few things I'm interested in, but I would like to read some feedback on the store before I order anything.

Yes! Recommended. Their customer system is a little weird, but I haven't had any problems.

[You have to snail mail them your CC info., etc. before making any online orders.]

Friendly and quick.

Holiday
2528th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Comiket Serivce?" , posted Sat 24 Sep 18:20post reply

Yeah, they're alright. Ok service and I've had no problems with their shipping.
You could hunt for cheaper doujinshi at auction sites, but they have quite a good selection, and they're in English too.

One thing I'd really like them to have is a search function, or for them to display info in both English and Japanese. Sometimes their romanization is a bit weird.

Mog
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Comiket Serivce?" , posted Mon 26 Sep 03:32post reply

quote:

[You have to snail mail them your CC info., etc. before making any online orders.]

That was the main thing I wanted to check on actually: having to send them my CC info in addvance set off all sorts of warning singals in my head.

quote:

You could hunt for cheaper doujinshi at auction sites, but they have quite a good selection, and they're in English too.

Are there any non-eBay auction sites that accept orders from places outside of Japan that you could recomend? It seems as though I missed one of the items I wanted, so having alternate sources would be helpful.

Thanks to both of you for the info. I'll probably set up an account and put an order together in the coming weeks.