Kensamu ranking + spoilers - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2421 Views )

Iggy
7256th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 18:37post reply

The ranking are what they are, but at least they give an idea of the game's balance.

S Iroha
A Haômaru, Ukyô, Shizumaru
B Amakusashirô Tokisada, Shigeru, Zankurô
C Charolette, Mizuki, Rasetsumaru, Mina, Yumeji, Kyôgoku Hinowanokami Gaô, Maro
D Hanzô, Garurun, Cham, Nicotine, Sôgetsu, Kazuki, Suijasama
E Nako Kyôshirô Wanfu Genj Basara Enjatan Yoshitora Gedô 396 Andrew
F Tam Jubei GenAn Rimu Gaira Rera Unpi Sugoroku
G Assquake

The ranking is based on general impression by both good players and not beginners, which is the reason Iroha's S. She is easy to use, even though she lacks tricks to fool a very good player.
Also, Iroha being the most used character, it is only natural she is on the top of the pyramide (she is the most studied character). And even then, there's no big difference between her and the A characters.

The fact nobody uses Assquake isn't the only reason he's so low : his moves are too slow, his throw is weird, he has too many disavantages and not enough good points. But "G" is the "G" for "Great".
Or of "Guhi!"

The characters resurrected from SSS are quite shallow : most of them (GenAn especially) are really strong until you "get the trick", and which point the character is finished.

The gap between characters is really not too bad, considereing the wide cast. But I wouldn't spit on a Tenka SP...

Endings :

Gaô : Yoshitora (horetaze!) transform the Tokugawa bakufu in Gaô bakufu, and the country changes the way Gaô wants.

Mizuki sacrifices Nakoruru in her SSS stage, then offers Haô / Kyôshirô / Sieger / Jubei / Nako's soul to ambrogia, and the world ends.

Enja and Suija get their son's bodies, Enja destroys the world, Suijasama resurrects it, and they become adored as gods of destruction and god of creation by the new people of the world.

Yumeji lives by the sword, then she sends a letter to Ukyô for her parents, with all her love.

Zankurô throw away his sword and travels with his daughter (???)

Ukyô lives happily with his wife (wedding)

Amakusa summons lots of demons from the makai and conquers the world. Since his lust for power was the reason his ghost was back to life, his wish granted, he leaves the earth, and nobody can describe what happens to it afterwards.

Nicotine lives happy with Gaira, Haô, Genj and Kuroko.

Genjurô kills Nicotine and Haômaru, but their ghost swear they'll get revenge.

Iroha asks Yoshitora to make her master happy again, and she comes back to live with him.

Jubei becomes the most famous sword teacher of the world, and continues to obey Ieharu.

Haômaru : Ryû ending.

Basara time slips again, and arrive on the moment he was killed by Zankurô. This time, he kills him, and finds Kagaribi, alive.

Shizumaru finds Gedô's daughter (her name escapes me), and her husband and baby, and they live together, with Shizumaru still amnesiac.

Gedô kills everyone who bother him. Then eats Rimu. Then eats Mamahaha/Shikuru/Poppy/champuru. Then Wanfu/Shigeru/Gaira/Sugoroku. Then Haô/Genj/Yoshitora/Ukyô. Then Nako/rera/Iroha/Mina. Each time, you see the characters running, with Gedô following them, and when they reach the end of the screen, Gedô catches them and, of the screen, IDADAGIMAZU !

Rera brings Rimu back home, and the world is at peace, so she stops to exist, becomes wind and protects Kamuikotan forever.

Kyôshirô is happy to trade his techniques with Maro (who is depressed because he doesn't have anything left to do). Then, in Zan Samu Kyôshirô's stage, they both dance, with Bizuki (?) and Mina playing the flute, Champuru and Nako dancing, then Tamtam, Shizumaru, Gaira dance as well, and both Kyôshirô and Maro are satisfied with their new crew. Finally, a mysterious man with a boomerang appears, and congratulates his eternal rival.

GenAn becomes the king of the makai, but he doesn't know what it means. He asks Haômaru, who doesn't know either. Azami then says "you should just do whatever you want".
a few years later, GenAn leaves happily with his family, with the infamous name of "happiest king of the makai", but he doesn't care.

Mina finds her father, but he dies just before they meet, and she cries, cries, cries. "Mina" means "smile".

Wanfu and Unpi congratulate each other with a hilarous dialogue.

Sôgetsu seals Suijasama and brings back Kazuki and Hazuki. They explain the Enja/Suija thing, and the death sentence is erased. Sôgetsu also is a fithy bastard.

Hanzô's son grows, and takes his name. Nobody knows what happened to Hanzô.

Rimu beats Rera and Magaô ; Rera tries to explain the path of the ainu warrior is hard and Nakoruru is enough, but Rimu says she wants to share Nako's burden. Then, the world becomes peaceful.

Nako has her SSS ending, where she sacrifices for the nature. But she remains alive, with all her powers lost, and lives a normal life afterwards (Chunli ending).

Rasetsumaru kills Haômaru and becomes him.

Galford : Nakoruru comes to tell him something very important, but he stops her and leaves, because he's a ninja and a jerk.

Maro meets Nicotine and Yoshitora, and lives happily afterwards.

Unpi seals the makai gate, but it means he won't be able to have a reincarnation. His wife appears, and jumps in the gate with him. They both seal the gate, and their spirits remain together for eternity.

Gaira comes back to his senses on the podium. He lost his temper after he got his hair cut. He gets all angry again, then GenAn, Sieger, Wanfu and Assquake appear and all congratulate him ; he accept his fate of a bald man and becomes a great priest.

I like the fact most of the endings are happy this time around, even though there is so little originality. This is a really good conclusion to the series, I guess.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Fat Li
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 19:04post reply

quote:

C?Charolette

Is Charolette a cow ?

quote:
G?Assquake

Hum...

Maese Spt
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 19:12post reply

Gaô,Enja and Suija´s endings sound just priceless...

But wasn´t Ukyô supposed to be half-dead due to his sickness? How comes he gets married at the end? Oh, well, I suppose things have changed a bit since the last SS I played... Or maybe Ukyô´s gonna leave a moe and young widow for Yoshitora to pick up.

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"

Stifu
296th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 20:00post reply

This all sounds good... Apart from Earthquake, who seems like he looks and plays badly. :|
Even Basara got a happy ending, which is unusual to say the least... I guess that fits the mood of the game.

And Gedo is crazy. :p

Iggy
7258th Post

"Re(2):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 20:03:post reply

quote:
C Charolette

Is Charolette a cow ?

She sounds much tastier like that.
I should say.

EDIT : which makes me think (cow/pig) : I talked to Romain yesterday, he says hello.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 21 Sep 20:08]

Radish
3051th Post

"Re(3):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 21:01post reply

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but are Enja and Suija the two treasure hunters from SS64 that got turned into monsters? If so I thought they were killed in that game.

Also what is Charlotte's ending?

Stifu
297th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 23:49post reply

quote:
Sorry for my lack of knowledge but are Enja and Suija the two treasure hunters from SS64 that got turned into monsters? If so I thought they were killed in that game.

Treasure hunters ? O_o
And whatever happened to them in the 3D SS games, the 2D ones happen before them... Even though SS Tenka doesn't really fit anywhere in the storyline anyway.

Ishmael
2209th Post

"Re(1):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 23:55post reply

Thanks for all the info Iggy, I appreciate it.

quote:
I like the fact most of the endings are happy this time around, even though there is so little originality.

Only a couple of the endings feature cannibalism or human sacrifice so by SS standards that's pretty good. Or are those endings part of the happy list as well but are only happy for some of the characters involved?

Nate
683th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Wed 21 Sep 23:55post reply

Gedo's ending wins.

He finally gets his wish, joyous.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Abster
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 08:50post reply

quote:
Gedo's ending wins.

Yeah, that's the first good thing I heard out of this game in a long time. At least the endings aren't half assed.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Red Falcon
5581th Post

"Re(5):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 13:22post reply

quote:
And whatever happened to them in the 3D SS games, the 2D ones happen before them... Even though SS Tenka doesn't really fit anywhere in the storyline anyway.

Enja and Suija possess Kazuki and Sougetsu in Asura Zanmaden, but they end up being banished or something and Kazuki and Sougetsu turn out okay. I think Sougetsu drowns himself or something though, I haven't played it in a long while.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Holiday
2527th Post

"Re(3):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 17:14post reply

quote:
EDIT : which makes me think (cow/pig) : I talked to Romain yesterday, he says hello.

Who's Romain? A lettuce?

Every time I see IDADAGIMAZU it always puts a smile on my face. Man or woman, child or adult, human or dog / cat / monkey / bird / wolf, IDADAGIMAZU!

NARUTO
3226th Post

"Re(6):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 17:27post reply

Thank for the news Iggy, BTW did they made a ranking for the Fighting style?
I mean their is 6 of them, did some of them are more used than others??

And I want Tam tam and Cham cham Ending.
And is Karakuri some where in the ranking, I didn't saw him.

Finaly did you know who is the rival dude with a boomrang?? The only SNK characters I knwo with a boomrang are Cham cham, but she not a "Dude", or Hayate but he cames form Kizuna wich would make a joke like Todoh in GenAn ending in SS2.

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Iggy
7263th Post

"Re(4):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 17:35post reply

quote:
Who's Romain? A lettuce?

A cute little piggie, like all romains.
I wonder if he eats his lettuce siblings.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Santoryuu
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Thu 22 Sep 18:22post reply

Thanks for all the info. Those endings seem pretty good in general.

I'd expect the tier listing to change later on though, not too drastically prehaps, but when everyone is fully tested in each of the 6 'spirits' system. Though I doubt EQ would be getting higher in the rankings than he is now. :(

Curious to see if there's a seiyuu cast listing for the game yet. Kinda interesting to see the entire cast getting new lines (and new voice actors) after all these years.

Ishmael
2212th Post

"Re(6):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Sat 24 Sep 03:18post reply

quote:

Curious to see if there's a seiyuu cast listing for the game yet. Kinda interesting to see the entire cast getting new lines (and new voice actors) after all these years.

New voice actors? Does that mean Kiyoshi Kobayashi isn't doing Jubei's voice anymore?

Stifu
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Sat 24 Sep 03:43post reply

quote:
New voice actors? Does that mean Kiyoshi Kobayashi isn't doing Jubei's voice anymore?

I don't know... Every voices got re-recorded for this game, but not everyone got a new voice actor... For instance, Yumeji has new voice samples but it's the same voice actor as in SS5.

Abster
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Sat 24 Sep 04:12post reply

I believe Suija kept his seriyu as well.

Shizmaru's the first voice which I don't find inaccurate.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Cain Highwind
616th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Kensamu ranking + spoilers" , posted Sat 24 Sep 04:35post reply

quote:
I don't know... Every voices got re-recorded for this game, but not everyone got a new voice actor... For instance, Yumeji has new voice samples but it's the same voice actor as in SS5.

Yeah I'm kind of wondering about Haohmaru myself. It doesn't sound like Masaki Usui or Daiki Nakamura.