End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3633 Views )

Shingo The One
640th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Sun 18 Sep 15:44:post reply

Hey guys, since Iggy-san did an unbelievable job in pulling off a news thread and call it The Random News Thread, I decided to follow suit, but with anime. And all out kick-ass action "shounen" anime is what this thread is all about.
First of all, purely by accident, I found out that North Stars Pictures has opened the official site for Hokuto no Ken:Shin Kyuseishu Densetsu(Fist of the North Star:True Saviour Legend), the 3-movie interspersed with two OVAs long project that gives a modern look on the legendary story of Kenshiro. And it starts with the first movie(out in March) and, later in the year, the first OVA that tells the full story of THE villain of the franchise, Raoh.
A perfect followup to the astonishingly cool upcoming 2D fighting game based on the first and best part of the franchise. The website is:www.hokuto-no-ken.jp
But this December will be actually the greatest ass-kicking time ever. Because there will be not one, not two, but three indescribable action anime OVA extravaganza.
First, to celebrate its' 20th anniversary, Saint Seiya at last returns with new seiyuus for all six protagonists and the anime continuation of the best and last part of the story, Saint Seiya The Hades: Chapter Inferno.
The site is:www.toei-anim.co.jp/sp/seiya
Then we'll have the first volume of Hellsing Ultimate OVA, with the cult manga series finally having its' true anime companion. The site isn't open yet, but there is a streaming teaser.
www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing
And last, but definitely not least, we've got the start of the Production I.G. created special 4-part OVA episode based on the 3D adaptation of the greatest 2D fighting game franchise ever, The King Of Fighters: Another Day.
Hope this thread will be of liking to all you anime fans.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Mon 19 Sep 04:59]

Replies:

DarkLordDragon
745th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Sun 18 Sep 23:30post reply

Hi there! how are you doing man! Glad you have dedicated a topic for the upcoming new animes! Actually the 3 animes you talked about are currently on the top of my wanted animes! especially Saint Seiya Hades: Chapter Inferno! but saying it's the last part I would say we still have long way to go with the anime before it comes to an end! Don't forget the whole Tenkai-saga!don't forget we have around 10 more supreme beings from the Olympus!

As for KOF, yeah it's finally out! I've been waiting for KOF's anime for really long time, I am glad it will finally be out, yet I think there will be some time-line errors since Rock Howard is in the anime! I wonder if Terry or Ryo will be in this anime! 4 OVAs for KOF! hmmm maybe each ova will be based on 1 main Kof character, Kyo, K', Ash, Alba! O_O I have the feelings that there will be some originals characters as well...

For Hokuto No Ken, currently I am watching the old series again with better subtitles and quality! Man this anime is really one of the best fighting animes out there! but its sad its recap of the old series, I wished to see Kenshiro after the manga's story but it seems it's before since it's based on Raoh's story! I think they will focus on Raoh's son Ryuu...

I saw trailer and camera video capturing trailer of Hellsing, I just have to say it's CRAZY! I can't wait to see Alucard uses his monster summoning technique shouting :HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY" or I will feed you to a dog!

You know what, a new well done Samurai Deeper Kyo's anime will be damn cool! the manga is just getting more intresting, honestly right now I am reading Kyo chapter 279! I have to say it's one of the best mangas out there! Sadly the fights in the anime are too bad to be compared with the mangas

Burning Ranger
1300th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Mon 19 Sep 01:47post reply

quote:

I saw trailer and camera video capturing trailer of Hellsing, I just have to say it's CRAZY! I can't wait to see Alucard uses his monster summoning technique shouting :HURRY HURRY HURRY HURRY" or I will feed you to a dog!

Will this be an all new Hellsing story? And more importantly, will it be more faithful to the manga?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

DarkLordDragon
746th Post

"Re(3):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Mon 19 Sep 02:55post reply

quote:

Will this be an all new Hellsing story? And more importantly, will it be more faithful to the manga?

From the trailer I saw I can say it's based on the manga, the whole Nazi's story and that insane girl are all from the manga, not to forget when Alucard gains control over the airplane! I think it will be based on the manga!

Shingo The One
640th Post

"Re(2):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Mon 19 Sep 05:02post reply

quote:
Hi there! how are you doing man! Glad you have dedicated a topic for the upcoming new animes! Actually the 3 animes you talked about are currently on the top of my wanted animes! especially Saint Seiya Hades: Chapter Inferno! but saying it's the last part I would say we still have long way to go with the anime before it comes to an end! Don't forget the whole Tenkai-saga!don't forget we have around 10 more supreme beings from the Olympus!

As for KOF, yeah it's finally out! I've been waiting for KOF's anime for really long time, I am glad it will finally be out, yet I think there will be some time-line errors since Rock Howard is in the anime! I wonder if Terry or Ryo will be in this anime! 4 OVAs for KOF! hmmm maybe each ova will be based on 1 main Kof character, Kyo, K', Ash, Alba! O_O I have the feelings that there will be some originals characters as well...

For Hokuto No Ken, currently I am watching the old series again with better subtitles and quality! Man this anime is really one of the best fighting animes out there! but its sad its recap of the old series, I wished to see Kenshiro after the manga's story but it seems it's before since it's based on Raoh's story! I think they will focus on Raoh's son Ryuu...

You know what, a new well done Samurai Deeper Kyo's anime will be damn cool! the manga is just getting more intresting, honestly right now I am reading Kyo chapter 279! I have to say it's one of the best mangas out there! Sadly the fights in the anime are too bad to be compared with the mangas

Thank you so very much DarkLordDragon. I'm glad to know that at least someone appreciates dedicated work.
In fact, just for you, I just got some fresh info about the new Hokuto no Ken project, and to be exact, the seiyuus of the three protagonists of the Raoh Gaiden movie. Hokuto no Ken:Shin Kyuseishu Densetsu(Fist of the North Star:True Saviour Legend) will have Ujiki Tsuyoshi as Raoh, Ko Shibasaki as the new created character Reina and Hiroshi Abe as Kenshiro.
And to clarify two things I did not in my initial post, Hellsing Ultimate OVAs will be the definitive anime companion because it will follow the manga 100%, and since one OVA covers half a volume, this means there will be at least 10 OVAs. And for The King Of Fighters: Another Day, I have to tell you that the OVA series will be the companion for KOF:Maximum Impact 2; this means the characters of the mentioned game only will be featured in the OVA series.
Glad you like my thread man, and keep the good info coming.

Burning Ranger
1302th Post

"Re(4):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Mon 19 Sep 07:27post reply

quote:

From the trailer I saw I can say it's based on the manga, the whole Nazi's story and that insane girl are all from the manga, not to forget when Alucard gains control over the airplane! I think it will be based on the manga!

Good news... I think the reason the first Hellsing anime turned out as it did was because the manga was still very early in it's run--which is why there's such an abruption in the anime where it follows the manga. Heck, I even remember seeing a music video where there was footage of the Major clapping his hands with his lackeys around him.

At least theres something for me to look forward to as far as Anime is concerned--even though it will take a while before it hits US shores.

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

Shingo The One
641th Post

"Re(5):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Mon 19 Sep 14:15post reply

quote:

Good news... I think the reason the first Hellsing anime turned out as it did was because the manga was still very early in it's run--which is why there's such an abruption in the anime where it follows the manga. Heck, I even remember seeing a music video where there was footage of the Major clapping his hands with his lackeys around him.

At least theres something for me to look forward to as far as Anime is concerned--even though it will take a while before it hits US shores.

Hey friend, since I noticed you are extremely interested in Hellsing Ultimate OVA, have I got the update for you. Someone from the Hellsing community at LiveJournal has posted the short version of the final trailer of Hellsing Ultimate OVA. The significant difference about the long version, which is unavailable, is that it has as background music the theme song of the OVA series, Broken English by Schaft.
Here's the link for you my friend: home.comcast.net/~sailorptah/stuff.html

Ishmael
2205th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 00:33post reply

quote:

Here's the link for you my friend: home.comcast.net/~sailorptah/stuff.html

Thanks for the link. I like how the preview starts out with a symphonic score, as if Hellsing is going to try to have a bit of respectability this time out. The best of luck to them since I always thought that the main selling points of Hellsing was its total lack of subtlety and good taste.

GekigangerV
1162th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 01:52post reply

I can't wait for the new Hokuto no Ken anime though I've seen very little of it (some of the original series, like 20 episodes, the anime movie, the live action movie, and Shin Hokuto no ken). Will Kamiya Akira be back to play Kenshiro? Or will Koyasu Takehito resume the role?

Also, is there any news out there on the Angel Heart anime? I heard they're making one but there seems to be no release date confirmed yet.

And I'm still hoping for more Hajime no Ippo anime =(

VManOfMana
631th Post

"Re(2):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 03:03post reply

This is the series I am looking for the most the next year:

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/fate/

After watching the trailer at AX right before the KOTOKO concert, I went all "ZOMG!". Now let's just hope they don't butched the story too much (Type-Moon being more involved in the production is a very good sign).

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

DarkLordDragon
747th Post

"Re(3):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 04:44post reply

quote:
Hiroshi Abe as Kenshiro

What the!! A new voice actor for Kenshiro! I am wondering how Kenshiro will looks in the new anime, I mean in the original series he had great and strong-looking body but in the OVAs his body is as big as Raoh! and Koyasu's voice suites him, I don't know know anything about his new look but hope he is as cool as ever!

quote:
I have to tell you that the OVA series will be the companion for KOF:Maximum Impact 2; this means the characters of the mentioned game only will be featured in the OVA series.

If it's only for Maximum Impact I think 4 OVAs will be enough, but some of us hoped if they could animate the Orochi's saga just like me but some others didn't wish for that because they think they will ruin the legendary Orochi's saga :p

quote:
since one OVA covers half a volume, this means there will be at least 10 OVAs

Do you think they will repeat events from the old ovas, like Integral's dreams or the valentine brothers...etc!

quote:
Good news... I think the reason the first Hellsing anime turned out as it did was because the manga was still very early in it's run--which is why there's such an abruption in the anime where it follows the manga

I have to admit that the story of the first HellSing OVAs weren't intresting but at least we were able to see some good actions that can't be found in other animes on its time, don't forget Anderson and the Valentine stories! I hope they give us a background about the crazy priest in more details because in the manga they didn't!

Anyway thanks to Shin it seems Bandai is working on a new Gundam anime but it will be out in 2006, do you think another Seed story! I don't mind that but story related to the original characters, Amuro, Kamile, Char would be nice too!

Man as much as my friend can't wait for Z Gundam I am more with SS & Fist! but Z Gundam something that none of you should miss!

GekigangerV
1163th Post

"Re(4):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 09:40post reply

quote:
Hr Z Gundam I am more with SS & Fist! but Z Gundam something that none of you should miss!

Yeah, Z Gundam actually won an award in Kobe. I had the opportunity to see Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono in Kyoto back in July. It was really excellent and is a must see for Gundam fans. Did you heard the rescent news concerning Four? I heard that hardcore fans in Japan are upset that Four's original seiyuu, Shimazu Saeko was cheated out of the role, and the new seiyuu, who just goes by the name Yukana, "used politics" to get the role. I am personally sad that Shimazu Saeko cannot come back for the role of Four it just won't be the same without her.

It's also a tragedy that Sayla's original seiyuu passed away not too long ago and she will be missed.

Anyway, I thought Koyasu Takehito did well as Kenshiro but it just doesn't really feel the same without Kamiya Akira. Is he now retired? Or he just doesn't want to do Kenshiro anymore?

KaiketsuZubat
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 13:10post reply

It surprises me that Utsumi Kenji isn't doing the voice of Raoh... I mean he's still actively voice acting, what with being the voice of Volgin and whatnot. It'd be hard to imagine Raoh with any other voice, it was so appropriate, IMO at least.

"Waga shougai ni ippen no kuinashi!"

Shingo The One
642th Post

"Re(4):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 13:34post reply

quote:
Hiroshi Abe as Kenshiro

What the!! A new voice actor for Kenshiro! I am wondering how Kenshiro will looks in the new anime, I mean in the original series he had great and strong-looking body but in the OVAs his body is as big as Raoh! and Koyasu's voice suites him, I don't know know anything about his new look but hope he is as cool as ever!

I have to tell you that the OVA series will be the companion for KOF:Maximum Impact 2; this means the characters of the mentioned game only will be featured in the OVA series.

If it's only for Maximum Impact I think 4 OVAs will be enough, but some of us hoped if they could animate the Orochi's saga just like me but some others didn't wish for that because they think they will ruin the legendary Orochi's saga :p

since one OVA covers half a volume, this means there will be at least 10 OVAs

Do you think they will repeat events from the old ovas, like Integral's dreams or the valentine brothers...etc!

Good news... I think the reason the first Hellsing anime turned out as it did was because the manga was still very early in it's run--which is why there's such an abruption in the anime where it follows the manga

I have to admit that the story of the first HellSing OVAs weren't intresting but at least we were able to see some good actions that can't be found in other animes on its time, don't forget Anderson and the Valentine stories! I hope they give us a background about the crazy priest in more details because in the manga they didn't!

Well DarkLordDragon, I can tell you this about the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series. This is the first and last time that the story will be told in its' definitive 100% manga faithful version(what was shown before was the unenjoyable non-OVA anime filler), and there's no doubt it will be more than just faithful with a length of over 10 OVAs and with such astonishing animation.
Thankfully for you my friend, Kamiya Akira, the legendary seiyuu of Kenshiro, is not retired, in reality far from it; in fact, he will reprise the role of City Hunter in the anime of Angel Heart, which should finally begin next month.
And about The King Of Fighters: Another Day, you won't believe what a tidbit I just found out about it, from PS2IGN of all places. We all know it's been given life by Production I.G., but to be exact, this project is in the hands of Production I.G.'s Studio 9, who has given the world something like...Ghost in the Shell.
What a time for all-out action, and what a time to be a follower of anime.

Maese Spt
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 18:46post reply

Any *reliable* news about Ah!Megamisama´s anime continuation? I heard about a new OVA series and more TV series next season, but I´m afraid it´s just fanboyish rumors...

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"

Taa kun
505th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Tue 20 Sep 23:52post reply

quote:
Anyway, I thought Koyasu Takehito did well as Kenshiro but it just doesn't really feel the same without Kamiya Akira. Is he now retired? Or he just doesn't want to do Kenshiro anymore?

Akira Kamiya is confirmed for Ryo Saeba in the Angel heart series...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Rid
6840th Post

"Re(6):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Wed 21 Sep 00:10post reply

quote:
Any *reliable* news about Ah!Megamisama´s anime continuation? I heard about a new OVA series and more TV series next season, but I´m afraid it´s just fanboyish rumors...

No reliable sources afaik but I think they should advance the plot a bit more to reach a part where an OVA series is worth it, up to the Angel Eater or the first appearance of Welsper...

I like how this looks:
http://www.cluster-edge.net/

Maese Spt
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Wed 21 Sep 17:46:post reply

quote:

No reliable sources afaik but I think they should advance the plot a bit more to reach a part where an OVA series is worth it, up to the Angel Eater or the first appearance of Welsper...

I heard just the opposite: the OVA series would be the link between the two seasons of the TV series, maybe introducing some extra characters like Peorth or Hild, who had a slight appearance on TV. Rumore, rumore...

And for Akira Kamiya, I was told that he was behind the Comic Bunch project since the beginning, acting like an executive producer or something like that. I suppose they already had in mind doing Angel Heart and Shôten no Ken anime adaptations, so the classic seiyû of Saeba and Kenshirô wanted to be involucred in the project since early stages. They surely took their time, tough. Five years have passed since Bunch started, and only now Angel Heart anime is about to appear...

I hope it would be worth the waiting, I´ve always been a Saeba supporter.

EDIT: need learn more grammar -_-U

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Wed 21 Sep 17:49]

Phoenix
847th Post

"Re(8):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Thu 22 Sep 08:47post reply

Anime News Network claims that City Hunter and Angel Heart are not related "officially." Is that true? That is to say has anyone read Angel Heart to provide more details without spoilers please? Ashuram and Mitaka...God bless that man.

Olivier Hague
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Thu 22 Sep 09:09post reply

quote:
Anime News Network claims that City Hunter and Angel Heart are not related "officially." Is that true?

Yeah. Huge differences between the two stories. 'Kinda makes the whole idea stupid in retrospect, huh?
(oh, wait, it was stupid from day one)

Phoenix
848th Post

"Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!!" , posted Thu 22 Sep 09:23post reply

quote:

Yeah. Huge differences between the two stories. 'Kinda makes the whole idea stupid in retrospect, huh?
(oh, wait, it was stupid from day one)

Ah, thx for that explanation. Well, I suppose it at least provided that initial spark of interest that may have not been there otherwise. If the story stands solid on its own then the initial spark will really help. That and more Saeba is always a good thing.

DarkLordDragon
748th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Fri 23 Sep 18:40post reply

quote:
Yeah, Z Gundam actually won an award in Kobe. I had the opportunity to see Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono in Kyoto back in July. It was really excellent and is a must see for Gundam fans. Did you heard the rescent news concerning Four? I heard that hardcore fans in Japan are upset that Four's original seiyuu, Shimazu Saeko was cheated out of the role, and the new seiyuu, who just goes by the name Yukana, "used politics" to get the role. I am personally sad that Shimazu Saeko cannot come back for the role of Four it just won't be the same without her.

Well the tickets of the second movie is sold out in maybe hour or two I think but I am not sure! Z Gundam is really a great show, I hope they don't change Kamile's voice actor, who I believe is one of my favorites voice actors, he was the voice actor of Aries Shion = more than enough for me... As for Four's voice actor in the old anime she did great job but honestly I don't care if her voice changed due to the fact that I didn't like Four as much as my mates did u_u

quote:
It's also a tragedy that Sayla's original seiyuu passed away not too long ago and she will be missed.

Well her role in Z Gundam was little, we never knew what happened to her in the end.

quote:
And about The King Of Fighters: Another Day, you won't believe what a tidbit I just found out about it, from PS2IGN of all places. We all know it's been given life by Production I.G., but to be exact, this project is in the hands of Production I.G.'s Studio 9, who has given the world something like...Ghost in the Shell.

It's great but honestly I wished if the art-style was like Fatal Fury 2 OVA or at least like Fatal Fury the Animation, it was great or maybe because I liked Masami Obari's drawing style... Kyo and Ash doesn't looks cool as they were in KOF Comics or even in the pic of the game... Iori is fine, Alba looks cool and K' is great too ;) but I am sure the animation will be crazy as Ghost In the Shell...

Shingo The One
646th Post

"End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Sun 25 Sep 16:02:post reply

quote:

It's great but honestly I wished if the art-style was like Fatal Fury 2 OVA or at least like Fatal Fury the Animation, it was great or maybe because I liked Masami Obari's drawing style... Kyo and Ash doesn't looks cool as they were in KOF Comics or even in the pic of the game... Iori is fine, Alba looks cool and K' is great too ;) but I am sure the animation will be crazy as Ghost In the Shell...

Well DarkLordDragon, I got a very interesting update on The King Of Fighters: Another Day. It seems that the 4-part OVA will be released, one episode per month, via Net Delivery(which means that only through the Net we'll have them) and that the final part, All Over, will directly tie with KOF:Maximum Impact 2. Here's a scan with the project info.
img393.imageshack.us/img393/3349/tgsp55mv.jpg
Sadly, I can't direct link like before, so I apologize if you have to do a little bit of typing to see the scan, but trust me, it's worth it.
That's all for now. Catch you later.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Sun 25 Sep 16:05]

GekigangerV
1165th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Mon 26 Sep 06:18post reply

quote:
Well the tickets of the second movie is sold out in maybe hour or two I think but I am not sure! Z Gundam is really a great show, I hope they don't change Kamile's voice actor, who I believe is one of my favorites voice actors, he was the voice actor of Aries Shion = more than enough for me... As for Four's voice actor in the old anime she did great job but honestly I don't care if her voice changed due to the fact that I didn't like Four as much as my mates did u_u

Well her role in Z Gundam was little, we never knew what happened to her in the end.

Tobita Nobuo is still playing Camille. Ikeda Shuuchi is still Char/Quattro and Furuya Tohru is still Amuro. I would be shocked if those three did not come back with the excemption if they died. I know they also changed Hayato's voice (Hiyama Nobuyuki who plays Shiro in 08th MS Team plays him now) and that's all I know for now.

As for Sayla, yeah, she didn't do much in Z Gundam but I know you do see her again in the Gundam ZZ series. But I'm assuming they're giving her a bigger role in this series. I hope they have a "dedicated to Inoue Yo" or something like that in the series.

I am still personally upset that Shimazu Saeko is gone, I don't think it will be the same without her. Even if Yukana does a good job as her, I can't imagine anyone better. To me, it's like Tanaka Rie not playing Lacus Clyne if they had to do Gundam SEED 25 years later.

Yeah, Obari Masami had sweet designs with his anime. I think he should have been an SNK artist in the long run, lol. But Falcone doing the character designs in this anime seems all right for me. Especially when you got an SNK artist doing it.

DarkLordDragon
750th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Wed 28 Sep 03:14post reply

Sorry guys but I have no time to reply to your posts, I will do that later but I just wanted to post 2 pictures of SS Hades Chapter Inferno, as you can see the two pics are pics from the manga, potraits but it's been colored ;) hope you like them ^_^

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6654/seiyavskaronte7yf.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6493/meikaiposter1jz.jpg

Thanks to RVD for the pics

Shingo The One
657th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Thu 13 Oct 17:02post reply

quote:
Sorry guys but I have no time to reply to your posts, I will do that later but I just wanted to post 2 pictures of SS Hades Chapter Inferno, as you can see the two pics are pics from the manga, potraits but it's been colored ;) hope you like them ^_^

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6654/seiyavskaronte7yf.jpg

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6493/meikaiposter1jz.jpg

Thanks to RVD for the pics

Well guys, time to resurrect this very cool anime news thread.
I got some news regarding two very cool manga/anime franchises.
First up is my favorite series and the greatest manga/anime franchise ever... NARUTO!!! So it's confirmed that next year will see the start of Part 2(for those who don't know, that's the time jump) for the anime, and there will be a special gift for those who, like me, will buy the upcoming PS2 fighting game Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3; A NEW OVA(that's number 4)! And I haven't seen the slapstick Konoha Sports Festival OVA yet!
The other news is about one of the coolest shounen franchises of all, Saint Seiya.
It seems that with the sudden revival of this legendary franchise, that will peak with the release, in two months' time, of Saint Seiya: The Hades - Chapter Inferno, it seems that something big, but maybe not big, but huge, will be announced concerning Saint Seiya soon. Who knows what that will be? That's all for now. Later.

LOVE AND PEACE

DarkLordDragon
753th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Fri 14 Oct 16:48post reply

quote:

Well guys, time to resurrect this very cool anime news thread.
I got some news regarding two very cool manga/anime franchises.
First up is my favorite series and the greatest manga/anime franchise ever... NARUTO!!! So it's confirmed that next year will see the start of Part 2(for those who don't know, that's the time jump) for the anime, and there will be a special gift for those who, like me, will buy the upcoming PS2 fighting game Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3; A NEW OVA(that's number 4)! And I haven't seen the slapstick Konoha Sports Festival OVA yet!
The other news is about one of the coolest shounen franchises of all, Saint Seiya.
It seems that with the sudden revival of this legendary franchise, that will peak with the release, in two months' time, of Saint Seiya: The Hades - Chapter Inferno, it seems that something big, but maybe not big, but huge, will be announced concerning Saint Seiya soon. Who knows what that will be? That's all for now. Later.

Yeah glas someone revived this topic ;)

Well regarding Naruto and I was going to lose my intrest for the anime after those stupid side stories one after the other... I like Naruto, it's great anime but they filled some unnecassery stories just not to follow the manga, at least they were able to do better! But anyway the latest story (Raiga) is at least better than the previous ones...

I've been reading Naruto's manga (The Second part) and I have to say it's crazy, very cool indeed and I am glad that the Akatsuki is finally showing themselves, I can't wait to see that in the anime :)

As for Saint Seiya, well I am happy to know that a project after the other is coming for my favorite anime ^_~ a Drama CD (Of the old Sanctuary Battle), a CD for the full works of Masami Kuramada (Which includes the songs written by Masami himself) and finally Kurumada announced a "BIG project" in the last Super Jump which will be about Saint Seiya!

There are many fans'speculations such as:

The Elysion Movie (The last part of Hades)
Episode G Anime (Episode G is manga done Megumu Okada)
Tenkai Hen Anime (The continuation of the story)
Tenkai-Hen Manga
Anime for The Gold Story (How they became Gold Saints, their stories when they were child...etc)
A Movie for the previous Hades' battle (That would be nice too ^_^)
New Saint Seiya Game!?

I can't wait to hear announcement of one of them!

DarkLordDragon
756th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Fri 21 Oct 18:13post reply

Hey I just wanted to let you know that they are working on Trigun's movie which will be out most probably in the next 2 years... Trigun Movie (I always wanted to see that)

Iggy
7341th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Fri 21 Oct 18:19post reply

SOMEBODY CALL MICHAEL BROWN !

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Maese Spt
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Angel Heart" , posted Mon 24 Oct 20:15post reply

I finally got to view the first episode of Angel Heart, and I must say it looked good enough. The animation is fairly good for a TV series, and the adaptation of the original story is as accurate as you can get (that is, no Saeba hard-ons on screen). Character designs looked a bit weird to me, but it should be my personal biass.

Pretty neat overall, I look forward to next episodes so we can judge the opening and ending.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Ishmael
2253th Post

"Re(1):Angel Heart" , posted Mon 24 Oct 22:48post reply

Pardon the interruption, but I just wanted to note that I clicked on this thread when I saw the message title "Angel Heart" since I thought the conversation had somehow shifted to a discussion of that ridiculous Mickey Rourke movie.

Maese Spt
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Angel Heart" , posted Tue 25 Oct 04:45post reply

quote:
Pardon the interruption, but I just wanted to note that I clicked on this thread when I saw the message title "Angel Heart" since I thought the conversation had somehow shifted to a discussion of that ridiculous Mickey Rourke movie.

My bad, I thought this was a thread to discuss the new anime series of the season. Not that the "Angel Heart" I was refering to is any serious anyway...

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Shingo The One
664th Post

"DarkLordDragon, A Trigun Movie?!!" , posted Tue 25 Oct 14:09post reply

quote:
Hey I just wanted to let you know that they are working on Trigun's movie which will be out most probably in the next 2 years... Trigun Movie (I always wanted to see that)

Hey DarkLordDragon, I have to ask, where did you get the news that someone is making a movie based on a cult manga/anime series like this one? What did they say about it? What do you think about the manga and/or the anime and thus about the movie? When you can, give me a response. Looking forward to it. See you later friend.

LOVE AND PEACE

Burning Ranger
1321th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Wed 26 Oct 08:31post reply

quote:

Live action?

You know the only reason a Trigun movie is being made is because it got so damn popular here in the US...

*Hugs his autographed Trigun DVD box set*

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

DarkLordDragon
757th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):End 2005/Start 2006:Anime time!!" , posted Fri 28 Oct 01:32post reply

quote:
Hey DarkLordDragon, I have to ask, where did you get the news that someone is making a movie based on a cult manga/anime series like this one? What did they say about it? What do you think about the manga and/or the anime and thus about the movie? When you can, give me a response. Looking forward to it. See you later friend.

Well you can find about the news from Anime News Network or other Anime News websites, but the site I got it from was ANN!

I have Trigun's manga but I didn't have the time to read it because I recently got it, but the anime I saw years before and it was cool anime, but the second half of the anime (from episode 15 to 20s) were not as funny as the first episodes yet they introduced some cool characters such Legato BlueSummers... I also liked Wolfwood his death was pretty sad but Knives I couldn't like him, a lame and stupid character >_<

quote:

Live action?

You know the only reason a Trigun movie is being made is because it got so damn popular here in the US...

*Hugs his autographed Trigun DVD box set*

Not a live action, an anime movie... Yeah it's popular and it deserves its popularity...