G Darius is awesome - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1615 Views )

Iggy
7241th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"G Darius is awesome" , posted Sun 18 Sep 05:41post reply

I've just received Taito Memories Gekan.
After reading Yotsubato 4, I felt like eating fish, so the timing was perfect.

G darius is just the same game I played to death (litterally, for the controller at last) on PS1. It's just a little better graphically (and I'm not even sure of that).
It's also a hell of a lot harder.
I used to be able to reach GT in one credit in normal, I used 8 this time.
Maybe I lost it ; I played lot of bad schmups lately (well, I played only Shikigami lately) so I may be rusted.
Either way, this is still my favourite schmup of all time, It's not beautiful by today's standards, but it has its very own ambiance, it's rich, it's coloured, the music is awesome, it's hard, it surprises me all the time, I love it.

Rumour has it there would be 23 other games to play on the disk, but I haven't found out how.
On the other hand, I haven't tried to.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

hikarutilmitt
326th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):G Darius is awesome" , posted Sun 18 Sep 14:04post reply

quote:
I've just received Taito Memories Gekan.
After reading Yotsubato 4, I felt like eating fish, so the timing was perfect.

G darius is just the same game I played to death (litterally, for the controller at last) on PS1. It's just a little better graphically (and I'm not even sure of that).
It's also a hell of a lot harder.
I used to be able to reach GT in one credit in normal, I used 8 this time.
Maybe I lost it ; I played lot of bad schmups lately (well, I played only Shikigami lately) so I may be rusted.
Either way, this is still my favourite schmup of all time, It's not beautiful by today's standards, but it has its very own ambiance, it's rich, it's coloured, the music is awesome, it's hard, it surprises me all the time, I love it.

Rumour has it there would be 23 other games to play on the disk, but I haven't found out how.
On the other hand, I haven't tried to.

It's probably harder than you remember because the PSone version had slowdown in it. A lot of slowdown. Shmupping is one of the genres where it can be good, but not always.