MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2406 Views )

repukken
6th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sat 17 Sep 09:52post reply

Not sure if anyone saw these yet, but damn these trailers makes me happy Hideo Kojima never quit making the MGS series!

www.vgonetwork.com

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

Undead Fred
2494th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sat 17 Sep 11:07post reply

quote:
Not sure if anyone saw these yet, but damn these trailers makes me happy Hideo Kojima never quit making the MGS series!

www.vgonetwork.com

OH MY GOD. MGS4 looked really interesting, and then I watched that trailer for MGS3S. I MUST HAVE THEM BOTH.

Reiko showing up at the end was so awesome... man, I still keep wanting some sort of SH crossover in the series... or ANY of Konami's other games for that matter. Heh heh heh.

ONSLAUGHT
3498th Post

"Re(2):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sat 17 Sep 11:13post reply

quote:

Reiko showing up at the end was so awesome...

That's what I didn't like about the trailer, I guess it shows we have very different taste.
I hope we're not forced to play with that character.
Otherwise I agree, those trailers were orgasmic (even though I wanted to see Raiden and Vamp).

Undead Fred
2495th Post

"Re(3):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sat 17 Sep 13:11post reply

quote:
That's what I didn't like about the trailer, I guess it shows we have very different taste.
I hope we're not forced to play with that character.
Otherwise I agree, those trailers were orgasmic (even though I wanted to see Raiden and Vamp).

Heh heh. Well, I saw it more as a funny crossover sort of deal, not as some kind of intrusion on the game... you know, like if she had shown up for no reason at all in the actual story mode. I really doubt we'll be forced to use her.

NARUTO
3221th Post

"Re(4):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sat 17 Sep 20:06post reply

MGS substence is usless for me MSG3 was alreday good enough for me without those gimmicks...

And now MGS4 is what I'm dreaming for!!

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

crazymike
1169th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Sun 18 Sep 00:55post reply

I never got around to playing the original MGS 3 so I'll definitely have to get subsistence.

Just a Person
738th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Mon 19 Sep 23:48post reply

MGS4 seems really nice. MGS3 was already great, and this next one seems to improve even more the game system.
However, Kojima hasn't revealed the characters' identities, has him? The screens show what seems to be a really old Solid Snake without one eye, but that could be the Big Boss, couldn't him? And I know that Raiden, Otacon, Ocelot and Vamp were confirmed, but has Konami revealed who are the two women shown in MGS4 artwork? People seem to think they are Meryl Silverburgh and Naomi Hunter (both from MGS1), butI don't know if Kojima has revealed who they are.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Radish
3046th Post

"Re(7):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 01:37post reply

quote:
MGS4 seems really nice. MGS3 was already great, and this next one seems to improve even more the game system.
However, Kojima hasn't revealed the characters' identities, has him? The screens show what seems to be a really old Solid Snake without one eye, but that could be the Big Boss, couldn't him? And I know that Raiden, Otacon, Ocelot and Vamp were confirmed, but has Konami revealed who are the two women shown in MGS4 artwork? People seem to think they are Meryl Silverburgh and Naomi Hunter (both from MGS1), butI don't know if Kojima has revealed who they are.

It's definetely Baby Snake. The patch is on the wrong eye and in the trailer he talks to Otacon through the little Snatcher robot thing.

I also want Mei Ling back. That bitch Rose and stupid Japanophile what's-her-name were no substitute.

OmegaDog
1552th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 01:52post reply

Heck, I've already decided I'm getting MGS3 Subsistence for the original two MSX Metal Gear games.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Undead Fred
2500th Post

"Re(7):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 04:37post reply

quote:
So far, I still believe it's actually an old Snake. I like the idea, although I wish he would have cut his hair since MGS2... I had thought about it being Snake from MGS3 for a little while, but an older Otacon and the level of technology made me think it's really the regular Snake and not Big Boss?

I was looking at the eyepatch, and I'm still thinking he's got a good eye underneath it. I think it's more of a targeting reticle or something that just happens to look like an eyepatch so he'll look more like Big Boss.

Phoenix
847th Post

"Re(8):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 05:45:post reply

quote:

I also want Mei Ling back. That bitch Rose and stupid Japanophile what's-her-name were no substitute.

Hell yes! Stupid Japanophile...who? I must have blocked it out of my memory. Not to brag but I actually unlocked Ling on VR Missions and got right upto her...hahaha...ehem. I waited for Subsistence cuz I heard about those technical issues behind the original. I'm kinda glad that I did. I want my MGS3 experience to be the best it can be.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Tue 20 Sep 05:47]

Grahf
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 09:12post reply

I definitely get a Heihachi vibe from MGS4 Snake.

Just a Person
739th Post

"Re(8):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 09:35post reply

quote:
So far, I still believe it's actually an old Snake. I like the idea, although I wish he would have cut his hair since MGS2... I had thought about it being Snake from MGS3 for a little while, but an older Otacon and the level of technology made me think it's really the regular Snake and not Big Boss?

I was looking at the eyepatch, and I'm still thinking he's got a good eye underneath it. I think it's more of a targeting reticle or something that just happens to look like an eyepatch so he'll look more like Big Boss.

So itīs probably Solid Snake whoīs in those screenshots. I guess it means that hooded woman isnīt Naomi, since she should also be older while the artwork girl is young (such a pity... I really liked Naomi...).

quote:

Well, nothing against Rose or "that stupid Japanophile" (are you talking about the Paramedic??), but Mei Ling really rocks! It would be great seeing her (and Naomi!!) again.

Anyway, thanks to all of you people for the answers!!

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Ishmael
2206th Post

"Re(9):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 22:31post reply

I like how Emma Emmerich has become "She Who Shall Not Be Named."

While I liked the idea of MGS3 there were several little technical issues in the game that annoyed me more than they probably should have so I never finished the game. It sounds like the MGS3S might correct a few of the things I was grumpy about but even if it doesn't the addition of the MSX games and Reiko showing up just for the hell of it makes this a worthwhile purchase for me anyways.

Radish
3047th Post

"Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Trailer" , posted Tue 20 Sep 23:38post reply

quote:

Sorry but could you explain what you mean here?

Ishmael
2207th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 04:59post reply

quote:

When I first wrote this I was under the impression that Emma was the Japanophile that was being indirectly referred to in a number of posts. Now that I think about it, however, I'm not sure just what it was I was talking about.

Radish
3049th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 05:21post reply

quote:

When I first wrote this I was under the impression that Emma was the Japanophile that was being indirectly referred to in a number of posts. Now that I think about it, however, I'm not sure just what it was I was talking about.

I'm sorry I was talking about Paramedic and it's more out of hurt that she's a poor ripoff of Mei-ling than actual dislike of her as a character. She's still better than shitty Rose though.

KTallguy
751th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 07:22post reply

Paramedic has a really cute voice in the Japanese version. I never got tired of her ranting. Snakes reactions were always really well done too.

How does she sound in the US one? Does she get annoying??

And does anyone know how May Ling sounds in the Japanese version? Does she have a chinese accent when she speaks Japanese (uber cute)? =)

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Kyouji
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 08:53post reply

There's one thing I don't get. From the pictures on the MGS3:S site, it seems like the LE package will have something that the headset package won't; it looks like some kinda book or something behind the DVD cases.

I already have a headset from Operator's Side (would it work with MGS3:S?), so if I don't have to buy the one with Subsistence, I'd rather not.

On the otherhand, having the bigger box with the picture of Big Boss unobstructed by text would be nicer...

Olivier Hague
28th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 09:55post reply

quote:
And does anyone know how May Ling sounds in the Japanese version?

Good.
A bit like Paramedic (same VA).
Younger.
quote:
Does she have a chinese accent when she speaks Japanese (uber cute)? =)

Nope.

KTallguy
753th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 11:02post reply

quote:

A bit like Paramedic (same VA).

Wow, they're the same voice actress?
Yea, her voice is hella cute, it really makes her fun to listen to.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

D`Cloud
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):MGS4 and MGS3 Subsistence Traile" , posted Wed 21 Sep 12:55post reply

quote:

And does anyone know how May Ling sounds in the Japanese version? Does she have a chinese accent when she speaks Japanese (uber cute)? =)

i love her uber cute voice in mgs1... apparently they took that accent out in twin sakes which i didnt like

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room