KoF:MI2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4802 Views )

Ishmael
2203th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KoF:MI2" , posted Fri 16 Sep 21:38post reply

Hey! Hey! Hey!

New info on KoF:MI2 including pics from the intro, screenshots of Kyo burping out glitter, some new characters and Billy Kane. Info pulled from http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/

Replies:

DarkLordDragon
744th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):KoF:MI2" , posted Fri 16 Sep 22:02post reply

Hey that's cool! I like it ;) glad that Billy Kane is there, I wish Yamazaki is playable in the game!

Hey what about KOF: Another's Day! (Is it the anime!? )

Ammadeau
1435th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 01:17post reply

Presence of Kula instantly makes it the best game ever, though it would be mind blowing if it could equal the modes and stuff that Namco is packing into SC3.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Iggy
7234th Post

"Re(1):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 01:41post reply

Also, Nejibako on PS2 will have arranged soundtrack, new backgrounds and online mode.

I like the argument "more than 30 characters if you add Last Blade 1 + Last Blade2".

Also, I haven't seen MI enough : is MI2 significally better, graphically ? Because it's... hum.
Also, how many characters were there in MI (they say 23 so far in MI2) ?

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Dr Baghead
3511th Post

"Re(2):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 02:54post reply

quote:
Also, I haven't seen MI enough : is MI2 significally better, graphically ? Because it's... hum.

I've only played the XBox version, so unless the PS2 version of MI is a HUGE step down graphically that's about equal... Bloody Roar style "meh, they don't look like shit but we're not even gonna try to match the level of say, SC1 on the DC from 6 years ago let alone Tekken 3 on the PSX, we're good right here" graphics.

quote:

Also, how many characters were there in MI (they say 23 so far in MI2) ?

Counting Duke, there's 20.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Sensenic
1370th Post

"Re(2):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 06:19post reply

quote:

Looks good enough to me... nothing special about it, but not bad.

The problem is... WTF did they do with K''s model? Is it an effect from the shots or has he actually become so small-headed? Way to spoil a chara design I liked.

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

Pollyanna
1400th Post

"Re(2):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 06:58post reply

quote:
Also, Nejibako on PS2 will have arranged soundtrack, new backgrounds and online mode.

Ah, that's great. I love the PS2 Neowave soundtrack...especially when you compare it to the original.

Cain Highwind
611th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 07:48:post reply

quote:

Ah, that's great. I love the PS2 Neowave soundtrack...especially when you compare it to the original.

Ah very good news Definetely plan on importing. I haven't played the Xbox version but those models sure look improved to me.

And KULAAAA! Hurray!

EDIT: Maybe this means she'll be in the Anime, and I LOVE the MI2 logo!

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Sat 17 Sep 07:48]

Burning Ranger
1296th Post

"Re(4):KoF:MI2" , posted Sat 17 Sep 13:28:post reply

So can we put down the rumor of the KOF Anime, since we're seeing shots that prove it's nothing more than the intro to MI2?

Edit: Oh... so I guess the anime is still on? Called "KOF: Another Day"?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

[this message was edited by Burning Ranger on Sat 17 Sep 13:32]

Shingo The One
637th Post

"KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 14:28post reply

quote:
So can we put down the rumor of the KOF Anime, since we're seeing shots that prove it's nothing more than the intro to MI2?

Edit: Oh... so I guess the anime is still on? Called "KOF: Another Day"?

Well my friend, I'm so finally glad to know that the special anime project based on the best fighting game franchise ever isn't going to be just an intro sequence to KOF:Maximum Impact 2, even though this project is directly linked to the game. In fact, thanks to Cyberfanatix, I can tell you that The King Of Fighters: Another Day will be a four-part OVA series, titled All Out, Accede, In the Dark and All Over. The first OVA will be broadcast this winter, and it seems that they will all be available from SNK Playmore's official site.
So can't wait for this one.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

Fygee
1214th Post

"Re(1):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 16:32post reply

That new Luise (Louise?) chick looks mighty awesome. I haven't been that impressed with a new character in a long while. Kind of reminds me of a Shadow Hearts character for some reason...

hikarutilmitt
325th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 16:51post reply

quote:
That new Luise (Louise?) chick looks mighty awesome. I haven't been that impressed with a new character in a long while. Kind of reminds me of a Shadow Hearts character for some reason...

I'd be made incredibly happy and require a preorder of the import were they to add Kasumi to the roster.

Phoenix
845th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 18:04:post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/16/news_6133474.html
http://www.cyberfanatix.com
Both links above have taught me that MI2 is for the PS2 next spring. MI3 has just been announced at TGS for Xbox 360 and PS3. I quote the article from cyberfanatix.

Two new characters confirmed to be in the game are:
- Luise Meyrick, who is likely to play a fairly large role in the game as the butterfly in her hair is featured in the game's logo.
- Nagase, who looks a lot like a merge of Mignon Beart and Malin from '03 and XI.
- Billy Kane, one of the older character to make it to 3D.

So far, the only confirmed older character added to the mix are:
- Kyo Kusanagi, with new outfit from his Anime
- Maxima, slightly altered outfit.
- K', looking slightly better as well.
- Terry Bogard, same.
- Alba Meira, not so changed.
- Soiree Meira, not much change either.
- Lien Neville, same as above.
- Athena Asamiya, no picture so far

New system change are, addition of Super cancellation, just like 2D games, it will require an extra stock. And also some sort of new Judgement system.
Currently 23 characters seems to confirmed for the game, but more are expected to be added. Release date is set to be, Spring 2006.
On another note, I just realized that the KOF compilations will not include 98?

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Sat 17 Sep 18:05]

Syo
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 18:23post reply

quote:

On another note, I just realized that the KOF compilations will not include 98?

I thought that SNKP were having '98 in the NESTS saga compilation so 2001 could be omitted? Also since the KOF History video in Maximum Impact 1 didn't show 2001 in the series either funnily enough...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

NARUTO
3220th Post

"Re(5):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 20:00post reply

Mwahahahaha... I'll pass my turn and I'll wait for CFJ 2 insteed....

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Iggy
7239th Post

"Re(5):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 20:45post reply

quote:
I thought that SNKP were having '98 in the NESTS saga compilation so 2001 could be omitted?

I foresee a 98 Rebout.
but shhhhhhhh.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

talbaineric
6190th Post

"Re(6):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sat 17 Sep 23:06post reply

When's the release date for this in America?

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Burning Ranger
1297th Post

"Re(6):KoF: Another Day" , posted Sun 18 Sep 00:52post reply

quote:

I foresee a 98 Rebout.
but shhhhhhhh.

What SNK should have done in the first place instead of 94 Rebout.

Shingo The One
638th Post

"KoF:MI2 impressions" , posted Sun 18 Sep 02:28post reply

Hey guys, Insertcredit has now posted the first impressions on The King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact II. Very promising indeed.
It's here in video at least; I don't know why it isn't playable, as it looks really far along. According to the pamphlet I am not in a position to scan at present, the game's 60% done -- which was about where the original game was when I first played it.

Anyway! Details. Characters thus far announced include Kyo (in that outfit from the Production IG character sheet), a rather feminine Iori, K', Maxima, Seth (in a more grubby outfit), Alba and Soiree, Terry, Rock, Mai, Athena, Ash, a very Art of Fighty Ryo, Leona (with long pants), the Ikaris (both with new outfits), Chae Lim, a well-rendered Billy, a poofy-haired Kula, and new characters Nagase (a very yellow girl) and the adult gothic loli Luise Meyrink. I think that's all. I might have missed someone.

From the video, it looks like every character has either been remodeled or significantly edited. At the least, there are new textures and a few more polygons. Most of the animation seems to have been redone, and is much smoother than before. All the motions seem to blend into each other, continually. There are a lot more special effects, and the lighting seems to have gotten a lot of work. There's still a little way to go with the presentation. Not bad so far, though!

Systematically, it looks like there's some kind of parrying thing going on now; at one point, Rock and Terry are kicking at each other, and Rock sort of kicks Terry's leg out of the way. They trade blows in a really seamless fashion. The game is also faster and more... extreme than before. Lots of knocking people into the air and doing mean things to them. Again, it's all smooth. No jerking around!

There's a pretty decent rendered intro. Looks like it would have been state-of-the-art about five years ago. Ryo's face looks a little weird. That's all right, though. Very dynamic and well-choreographed, for the most part. The Production IG animation is really snazzy, and actually, for how short and random it is, has a decent sense of mood and emotion to it. At one point Kyo looks shocked at a turnaround in the middle of a fight he's in.

Altogether, the game seems to build significantly on what the previous one established.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

Evenor
236th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):KoF:MI2 impressions" , posted Sun 18 Sep 13:43post reply

Louise reminds me of the late Kami from Malice Mizer.

It would be awesome if they would just remove her boobs, so Louise can actually be true Visual Kei.

(The outfit already screams visual)

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

kofoguz
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KoF:MI2" , posted Mon 19 Sep 06:20post reply

Am I the only one thinks she's anji mito's girl? Anyway I sense some connection between her (why?) and malin. Considering Ash is in it maybe they are merging stories and make its story canon?

- I like the new characters
- Gameplay elements looks improving enough
- Graphics, what can I say I was overhyped
but Snkp gave my lesson.
- 23 characters doesnt satisfy me at all(but
thats me)
- Kula, Billy and Ash good choices IMO.
- MI3 better have 30+ characters
- I guess theyll use Geese as final boss or sub-one

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

talbaineric
6191th Post

"Re(1):KoF:MI2 impressions" , posted Mon 19 Sep 07:19post reply

quote:

Anyway! Details. Characters thus far announced include Kyo (in that outfit from the Production IG character sheet), a rather feminine Iori, K', Maxima, Seth (in a more grubby outfit), Alba and Soiree, Terry, Rock, Mai, Athena, Ash, a very Art of Fighty Ryo, Leona (with long pants), the Ikaris (both with new outfits), Chae Lim, a well-rendered Billy, a poofy-haired Kula, and new characters Nagase (a very yellow girl) and the adult gothic loli Luise Meyrink. I think that's all. I might have missed someone.

You did, Lien is also confirmed and coming back.

I haven't played the first KOF MI yet, is it good? From what I hear not really. Hopefully this game will perform much better. Can't blame SNK for trying to forge ahead in the 3-D world though.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Burning Ranger
1301th Post

"Re(2):KoF:MI2" , posted Mon 19 Sep 07:24post reply

quote:

- I guess theyll use Geese as final boss or sub-one

Speaking of which, I'm hoping that since SNKP will be pimping online versions of their older titles, that maybe they'll find it in their hearts to do a good port of Fatal Fury Wild Ambition. But then again, sush wishful thinking is usually just that.

Ammadeau
1436th Post

"Re(3):KoF:MI2" , posted Mon 19 Sep 11:08post reply

They're doing one of World Heroes, so I say anything is possible.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

IkariDC
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):KoF:MI2" , posted Mon 19 Sep 18:42post reply

KOF MI IMO is a really good game. Sure, the graphics aren't the best thing you've seen ever, but they're decent enough. The gameplay feels like the 2D games, but more extreme, as you can follow up almost everything into a combo. Toshikazu Tanaka (Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 5, Sengoku 3, Rage of the Dragons, Matrimelee) is the composer, so you can't go wrong about the music. One of the few bad things about the game, is that the roster is quite small for today's standards. The package is great, with a bonus DVD with interviews, etc. If you haven't played it, at least give it a try.

I just can't wait for MI2!

Gojira
1836th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):KoF:MI2" , posted Mon 19 Sep 21:18post reply

All they had to do was fix sweeps so that they didn't guarantee so many big combos. Well that and the animation. Some of the throws looked extremely retarded.

Undead Fred
2499th Post

"Re(6):KoF:MI2" , posted Tue 20 Sep 04:26post reply

I'm late to this thread, but I just now got to see some screenshots. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Yamazaki... if Billy's in, then wouldn't that usually mean Yamazaki's in too? If he does end up showing up in the game, it'll definitely get bumped up from "I'd like to try it" to GOTTA HAVE NOW OMG OMG. Heh heh.

IkariDC
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):KoF:MI2" , posted Tue 20 Sep 06:46post reply

quote:
I'm late to this thread, but I just now got to see some screenshots. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Yamazaki... if Billy's in, then wouldn't that usually mean Yamazaki's in too? If he does end up showing up in the game, it'll definitely get bumped up from "I'd like to try it" to GOTTA HAVE NOW OMG OMG. Heh heh.

Yeah, I'm ultra happy that the entire Ikari team made it AGAIN! Isn't it strange? And they're going to be redesigned! Falcoon must love the them.

YeldellGW
488th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):KoF:MI2" , posted Tue 27 Sep 03:06post reply

I could do without Billy. Why not use a Garou character that hasn't alreayd appear in 3D fighter, or better yet, use one that only appeared once (Tsugumi!)

Wouldn't have happerier if there were 2 less Ikari members as well.

aderack
171th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):KoF:MI2" , posted Tue 27 Sep 17:42:post reply

Or how about using an iconic one who would work really well in 3D, if implemented well.

Whoops.

Billy should have been in the first game anyway. What they need to do is take out some of the King of Fighters-related characters like Athena, who don't really work in 3D and frankly have no reason to be there. Or at least overhaul them dramatically.

[this message was edited by aderack on Tue 27 Sep 17:43]