Tim Burton's Corpse Bride - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1853 Views )

TalbainEric
6188th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 04:32post reply

I'm so anxious to see this. Tim Burton is a true visionary indeed and this film, IMO, looks to be twice the fun of The Nightmare Before Christmas (only difference here besides the story and characters is that this is a Warner Bros. film and not a Disney one). I didn't think too much about the film at first until last month when the trailer and everything else was coming out for it. The voice acting seems to be beyond the top notch, with another praise for Johnny Depp I'm sure.

Anyone planning on seeing this opening day or thereafter? Thoughts?

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Replies:

Cain Highwind
605th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 05:25post reply

quote:
I'm so anxious to see this. Tim Burton is a true visionary indeed and this film, IMO, looks to be twice the fun of The Nightmare Before Christmas (only difference here besides the story and characters is that this is a Warner Bros. film and not a Disney one). I didn't think too much about the film at first until last month when the trailer and everything else was coming out for it. The voice acting seems to be beyond the top notch, with another praise for Johnny Depp I'm sure.

My sister really wants to see it because she was a huge fan of NBC. I dunno if we'll actually manage to go see it in theaters though with our busy work schedules.

My only thought is, honestly I kind of wish it were Disney and then we could see some NBC /CB interaction as well as CB being a possible world in a Kingdom Hearts game. No big deal though.

Dr Baghead
3510th Post

"Re(1):Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 06:03post reply

quote:
(only difference here besides the story and characters is that this is a Warner Bros. film and not a Disney one).

Also a different stop motion studio (it's not Skelington Productions) and a different Director (Tim Burton only wrote NMBX-mas, Henry Seleick [who's name I'm too lazy spell write] actually directed it, he also directed James and the Giant Peach and Monkey Bone, so don't let the "From the director of Nightmare Before Christmas" tag on either film fool you)

I want to see this movie, although I'm not so desperate I *must* see it opening weekend. Looks pretty neat.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Undead Fred
2492th Post

"Re(2):Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 09:13post reply

Heh heh. You KNOW I'm interested. I'll be there on opening day too. I remember seeing the tiny trailers from Apple.com or whatever and thought it looked like CG trying to fake being stop-motion, but I soon found out that I was wrong. It looks like excellent animation, and I love all of the skeletons and dead people in the theme. It's gonna be awesome.

talbaineric
6189th Post

"Re(2):Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 11:19post reply

quote:

My sister really wants to see it because she was a huge fan of NBC. I dunno if we'll actually manage to go see it in theaters though with our busy work schedules.

My only thought is, honestly I kind of wish it were Disney and then we could see some NBC /CB interaction as well as CB being a possible world in a Kingdom Hearts game. No big deal though.

Yeah, you and me both. I wish it would've been Disney,too. You figure with Tim Burton having a spat with Warner Bros would've considered otherwise (Warner Bros. didn't like Tim's redition of Willy Wonka, they thought Wonka should be sweet and caring, Tim begged to differ)

I'm with Baghead on this, I plan on seeing this with a couple of friends but if they can't come, I GOTTA see this with or without them. I'm that anxious. I hope it gets a VERY quick DVD release. ^^;;

Have you guys heard the soundtrack? OMG! IT ROCKS! Danny Elfman once again amazes...

Superb!

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

HAYATO
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" , posted Fri 16 Sep 17:17post reply

I don't know when it's going to be released here in Spain, but I'm very anxious about this movie. I also am a huge NBC fan, and thus this film means a lot to me. I hope CB is as enchanting and sweet as NBC was...

*adorei Burton!!*