Super Robot Tread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2194 Views )

Rid
6839th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 16 Sep 02:00:post reply

-Super Robot Wars J is out. Really worth the wait, they've improved the attack animations a lot, the game is LONG, and the new additions work better than expected. Mazinger characters never looked better, from Borot's flaming cape to Great Mazinger gliding around, everything is perfect. Likely the best non-OG SRW for GBA.

-The website for the new Gaiking show is here: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/gaiking/
No, Dynamic doesn't has the rights for it, Toei won them after a trial. Looks... good and bad at the same time. Good redesign, but the main character is a little kid...

-The Geneon release of New Getter Robo is quite impressive, solid translation (unlike ADV's hideous work on Mazinkaiser that almost ruined it) and good packaging. A series that super robot and ultraviolence fans shouldn't miss, Ryoma slashing ogres in ancient Japan is priceless.

[this message was edited by Rid on Fri 16 Sep 02:11]

Replies:

DarkLordDragon
743th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 16 Sep 05:03post reply

Ok just now I finished the third lap of SRW Alpha 3 using Touma! now one more lap to go ^_^

Everybody playing SRW J yet I didn't get the chance to play the game, actually I don't have the game, but thanks to one of my friend he gave me some ideas about the game and he says it's very cool and the animation is just like nothing before, he said there are some new combination attacks like (Voltes V + Combattler V) I can't wait to see them!

As for the new Gaiking Anime the design looks cool, Gaiking is amazing but as you said the main character is kid, a good friend of mine said the old characters were only kids but they look young but I prefered the old way :)

CHAZumaru
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Super Robot Thread" , posted Sat 24 Sep 18:58post reply

Super Robot Taisen MX for PSP looks good.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

DarkLordDragon
749th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Ok..." , posted Sun 25 Sep 00:52post reply

Well Rid I am playing SRW J, I am disappointed, the game is great! the animation and the new attacks were nicely designed, but I think many of our favortie characters are missing: Gundam, Getter Robot, Z Gundam, Gundam Wing, Raideen, Gaiking...etc I don't know if they are in the game but I am in stage 39 and none of them were there...

Anyway MazinKaiser is as always cool :)

Toxico
4104th Post

"Re(3):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 30 Sep 03:33post reply

quote:
Super Robot Taisen MX for PSP looks good.

For what I have seen, it's "100% equal" to the PS2 version, a friend of mine agrees with that...

Now, I wonder if I'll get my ass around to finish alpha 3 a second time, Ingram's route was fun.

See??? He is a God...

whitesword
1585th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 30 Sep 08:11post reply

quote:
Ingram's route was fun.

You mean Cobray's route.

It's certainly is a lot of fun, I'm surprised I never got tired of the Z.O.Scythe despite the number of times I've used it.

Rid
6845th Post

"Re(5):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 30 Sep 08:26post reply

quote:
It's certainly is a lot of fun, I'm surprised I never got tired of the Z.O.Scythe despite the number of times I've used it.

Sword uses scythe?

Toxico
4109th Post

"Re(5):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 30 Sep 08:27post reply

quote:
Ingram's route was fun.

You mean Cobray's route.

When doing deis astronagum strongest attack; for some reason my brain saw more of Ingram than of Cobray's XD, I can't remember the name, was it deis of hole??

I'm currently playing Selene route; the DS Alegrias is kind of OK looking, but I was hoping that she would speak spanish now and then on the battle quotes, not only on the 'intermission'. The one thing that has me glued to the game is that I didn't get to see nor Zaphiro nor Muge Zolbados (dancougar's villain) on my first route.

See??? He is a God...

whitesword
1586th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Super Robot Thread" , posted Fri 30 Sep 08:52post reply

quote:

When doing deis astronagum strongest attack; for some reason my brain saw more of Ingram than of Cobray's XD, I can't remember the name, was it deis of hole??

I think it was called Infinity Cylinder , the original Astranagun had it too.

Rid
6854th Post

"Re(7):Super Robot Thread" , posted Tue 4 Oct 11:57post reply

Got my Super Robot Wars J and D carts! I'm poor again! Yay!