old school belt buckles - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2507 Views )

Juke Joint Jezebel
3450th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"old school belt buckles" , posted Fri 9 Sep 14:04post reply

every day is repost day

watch. the majority of kids that buy these are gonna be emo fucks that are doing it to look retro
because games are cool now, amirite

Replies:

simonbelmont
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):old school belt buckles" , posted Fri 9 Sep 14:38post reply

quote:
watch. the majority of kids that buy these are gonna be emo fucks that are doing it to look retro

The Atari belt buckle reminds me more of a codpiece. I wonder if codpieces will become fashionable again too...

http://www.waspnation.com/Archives/Pics/Codpiece.jpg

Radish
3027th Post

"Re(2):old school belt buckles" , posted Fri 9 Sep 20:25post reply

quote:
=
The Atari belt buckle reminds me more of a codpiece. I wonder if codpieces will become fashionable again too...

http://www.waspnation.com/Archives/Pics/Codpiece.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that immediatly after seeing it.

catalyst
67th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 00:25post reply

quote:
every day is repost day

I would imagine these emo kids putting in the contra code then suddenly bust out with some hardcore dancing only to see their precious control break on them losing their 30 extra lives. No spread shot for you buddy.

Which makes me rant about some of the new emo kids today hanging around my work, just really annoying.

"Have some confidence in me Pris--the odds are only two against one." -- Cole Cash "Grifter"

Radish
3029th Post

"Re(2):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 00:27post reply

quote:
every day is repost day

I would imagine these emo kids putting in the contra code then suddenly bust out with some hardcore dancing only to see their precious control break on them losing their 30 extra lives. No spread shot for you buddy.

Which makes me rant about some of the new emo kids today hanging around my work, just really annoying.

Emo is seriously the worst trend ever.

catalyst
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 00:38post reply

I mean really, I listen to emo music [so bash me]. BUT I hate the scene so much its so ridiculously annoying. The whole I'm more hardcorer than you, I listen to such and such. I'll admit I was the same way but then when I heard myself talk it just totally put things in perspective and think what in the world is my problem.

I'm really just in it for the beat, if it sounds good then great! But the scene, the whole emo by design thing, the ideals, pretty much everything is just ridiculous.

"Have some confidence in me Pris--the odds are only two against one." -- Cole Cash "Grifter"

Undead Fred
2482th Post

"Re(3):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 02:54post reply

quote:

Cheer up, Emo kid.

Heh heh. Yeah, I thought the same thing about the Atari controller. And unfortunately, I think JJJ's right... Emo kids will latch onto the NES buckles and ruin it for anyone else. I'm sure they wouldn't really bother with SNES or Genesis, but why get those when you could have gotten the NES one?

exodus
2955th Post

"Re(4):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 02:57post reply

they should've latched onto it already, this business is ages old.

Undead Fred
2483th Post

"Re(5):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 03:21post reply

quote:
they should've latched onto it already, this business is ages old.

This is true.

Radish
3031th Post

"Re(4):old school belt buckles" , posted Sat 10 Sep 03:27:post reply

quote:
Cheer up, Emo kid.

Heh heh. Yeah, I thought the same thing about the Atari controller. And unfortunately, I think JJJ's right... Emo kids will latch onto the NES buckles and ruin it for anyone else. I'm sure they wouldn't really bother with SNES or Genesis, but why get those when you could have gotten the NES one?

I'm glad I got out of highschool before emo started. This one chick I know through a friend is an emo/stoner and she's such a mess.

And yeah isn't it time for old videogames to not be trendy anymore and something else take their place? Aren't most of these kids too young to even be nostolgic about Nintendo?

[this message was edited by Radish on Sat 10 Sep 03:28]

Mav
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):old school belt buckles" , posted Sun 11 Sep 07:01post reply

quote:
Cheer up, Emo kid.

I didn't want to make this post, but I felt compelled.

Maybe it's the area I live in being tragically unhip to all trends Costal and newer, but does this thing really exist? As far as my base of knowledge goes, "emo" has existed since Rivers Cuomo wore thick glasses and sang about Buddy Holly over a decade ago. It's just now catching on? As I knew it, emo was a look but never a trend.

I'm not emo in the least, as if posting on this message board doesn't imply it, and I'm not trying to defend it but I can't help but feel the internet is somehow forcing this concept as a trend from my perspective. Do I just have to go back to a Highschool and I'll see it? I'm constantly seeing internet people confusing emo with goth or more hardcore punks or even angstbag teenagers who think Papa Roach is the new Emily Dickinson. So it's really a trend, now?

To anyone still of Highschool age, it would be difficult for them to grasp the proper retro effect of these buckles, post-NES. More likely, the Genesis was their Genesis of gaming.

Radish
3032th Post

"Re(6):old school belt buckles" , posted Sun 11 Sep 07:21post reply

quote:
Cheer up, Emo kid.

Maybe it's the area I live in being tragically unhip to all trends Costal and newer, but does this thing really exist? As far as my base of knowledge goes, "emo" has existed since Rivers Cuomo wore thick glasses and sang about Buddy Holly over a decade ago. It's just now catching on? As I knew it, emo was a look but never a trend.

I'm not emo in the least, as if posting on this message board doesn't imply it, and I'm not trying to defend it but I can't help but feel the internet is somehow forcing this concept as a trend from my perspective. Do I just have to go back to a Highschool and I'll see it? I'm constantly seeing internet people confusing emo with goth or more hardcore punks or even angstbag teenagers who think Papa Roach is the new Emily Dickinson. So it's really a trend, now?

To anyone still of Highschool age, it would be difficult for them to grasp the proper retro effect of these buckles, post-NES. More likely, the Genesis was their Genesis of gaming.

Emo is like if Indie and Goth had a kid, but it was a miscarriage and somehow survived. At first glance Emo is indie, but upon closer inspection it involves more crying and self aggrandizing and less actual effort into a creative art.

trogdor
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):old school belt buckles" , posted Sun 11 Sep 11:49post reply

quote:
Cheer up, Emo kid.

Emo is like if Indie and Goth had a kid, but it was a miscarriage and somehow survived. At first glance Emo is indie, but upon closer inspection it involves more crying and self aggrandizing and less actual effort into a creative art.

look at the crap they are selling kids these days. it's no wonder why emo exists...

catalyst
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):old school belt buckles" , posted Sun 11 Sep 12:22post reply

quote:
Cheer up, Emo kid.

Personally I consider some what emo to have some what music involved, but Radish certaintly hit the head on what Emo is with its indie goth gary coleman love child physics. Really screaming lyrics about their girlfriend cheating on them and they cant do anything bout it so they cry alot or make songs pertaining to violence but look no where near a sociopath. I suppose you could say its the "cool" dorky people who still don't have confidence in their selves.

Maybe your right though, everyone is starting to pick it up more as a trend saying with things as the buddy holly glasses and all but thats one of many things.

Though I suppose it used to be about the music with groups of kids saying I'm more hardcorer than you cause I listen to a band you've never heard of or Im more emo than you are because I'm in the hardcore dance circle and you aren't, I listen to hot cross but you listen to Saosin I'm so more emo!! Yet with how things are with the younger kids, I think they see it as a trend as well.

Iggy
7208th Post

"Re(7):old school belt buckles" , posted Sun 11 Sep 17:59post reply

I don't know how to call them, but the group of emo-goth-visual kei-clowns-punks-transvestites that was at a party I was yesterday sure entertained the group of friends I was with.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Radish
3033th Post

"Re(8):old school belt buckles" , posted Mon 12 Sep 21:04post reply

quote:
I don't know how to call them, but the group of emo-goth-visual kei-clowns-punks-transvestites that was at a party I was yesterday sure entertained the group of friends I was with.

That is the next trend that will sweep the world.