DC homebrew - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1863 Views )

ZamIAm
1543th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"DC homebrew" , posted Fri 9 Sep 13:09post reply

A while back, someone had a link here to a group that was attempting to commercially release homebrew Dreamcast games. Does anyone have it?

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?

Replies:

OmegaDog
1547th Post

"Re(1):DC homebrew" , posted Sat 10 Sep 01:27post reply

Not just attempted -- they've actually released a few titles for sale.

Feet of Fury
Inhabitants
Maqiupai

Titles are published and sold through the GOAT Store.

Feet of Fury also has its own separate page -- and, at least on the subjects of making bootable discs and making an independent development kit on the Dreamcast, the FAQ has this quote on question 10 from the developers (Cryptic Allusion): "Sega was very cooperative with us (rather than confrontational) back before they discontinued the system, and they have disavowed all interest in the system at this point to various inquiring parties."

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

GekigangerV
1158th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"On a related note . . ." , posted Sat 10 Sep 06:23post reply

For those of you that don't remember, Dreamcast came out in America 6 years ago today.

OmegaDog
1549th Post

"Re(1):On a related note . . ." , posted Sat 10 Sep 10:40post reply

quote:
For those of you that don't remember, Dreamcast came out in America 6 years ago today.

That's right. And to think -- I'd been reading about its sixth anniversary all this time in the days leading up to it -- yet it only really hit me during today when I pulled out my Dreamcast today after a few weeks, had to reset the clock, and 9/9/05 was staring me in the face.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Nate
673th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):On a related note . . ." , posted Sat 10 Sep 12:17post reply

quote:

That's right. And to think -- I'd been reading about its sixth anniversary all this time in the days leading up to it -- yet it only really hit me during today when I pulled out my Dreamcast today after a few weeks, had to reset the clock, and 9/9/05 was staring me in the face.

I actually thought about this too as I was writing the date on notes in class. Weird.

Dreamcast come home.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

ZamIAm
1544th Post

"Re(2):On a related note . . ." , posted Mon 12 Sep 03:23post reply

quote:

Wow. Though sadly the cable to my arcade stick snapped redently.

They're outsourcing Elmo and putting Cookie Monster on a diet...WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?