Chou DBZ - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1818 Views )

Ishmael
2185th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Chou DBZ" , posted Fri 9 Sep 00:26post reply

Initial impressions at Gamespot. This little bit of info floored me:

Besides that basic system, the game will use a magnetic card system that's becoming more and more prevalent in Japanese arcade games. The cards will track the experience you earn from playing and will eventually let you level up and learn new skills and techniques, which will come in handy during combat.

So getting good at your character doesn't involve skill or practice, it involves dumping a lot of money in the game in order to unlock their full moves list.

Replies:

shin ramberk
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Chou DBZ" , posted Fri 9 Sep 00:36post reply

quote:
Initial impressions at Gamespot. This little bit of info floored me:

Besides that basic system, the game will use a magnetic card system that's becoming more and more prevalent in Japanese arcade games. The cards will track the experience you earn from playing and will eventually let you level up and learn new skills and techniques, which will come in handy during combat.

So getting good at your character doesn't involve skill or practice, it involves dumping a lot of money in the game in order to unlock their full moves list.

Sounds like it. I'm not opposed to these magnetic card systems that track your progress, win record and skill level but their use in this game is unacceptable.

Oh well. Vote with your dollars. This is just a cheap and easy way to get return customers. Game devs need to work harder damnit.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Fuchikoma
1376th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Chou DBZ" , posted Thu 15 Sep 07:37post reply

I blame Sega and that damn soccer game... if it wasn't so popular this whole magnetic card thing would have never taken off. Not like I won't get to play the game before the home port anyway...