Amusement & Music Operators Association Show! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2246 Views )

editor
22th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Amusement & Music Operators Association Show!" , posted Thu 8 Sep 11:24post reply

Dear All,

After our speculation on the JAMMA / 2006 video line-up, thought we would have a go at speculating on the AMOA / 2006 line-up:

SEGA
‘House of the Dead 4’ (LindBergh)
‘World Club Champion Football European Clubs 2004-2005’ (Naomi 2)
‘NeoGeo Coliseum’ (A-Wave)
‘Samurai Spirit: Tenkaiichi’ (A-Wave)
‘Fist of the North Star’ (A-Wave)
‘Metal Slug 6’ (A-Wave)
‘Ghost Squad: Version A’ (CHIHIRO)
‘OutRun Coast-2-Coast’ (LindBergh)

Namco
‘Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection’ (System 256)
‘Tekken 5.1’ (System 256)
‘Cobra: The Arcade’ (System 256)
‘Mario Kart: Arcade GP’ (TriForce)
‘GAELCO Tournament Tune’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Banpresto
‘Chou DragonBall Z’ (System 246)

Incredible Technologies (though not showing at AMOA)
‘Orange Country Choppers’ (Proprietary Hardware)
‘Golden Tee Complete’ (Proprietary Hardware)
‘Golden Tee Live! V.2’ (Proprietary Hardware)
‘Silver Strike Bowling: Tournament’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Raw Thrills / Betson Enterprises
‘Fast and the Furious Deluxe Motion System’ (Proprietary Hardware)
‘Lethal Enforcer 3’ (Pyone)
'Big Buck Hunter Professional' (Proprietary Hardware)

UltraCade
‘Breeders Cup V. 2’ (T4)
‘UltraPin’ (T4)
‘Tempo Kiddo’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Global VR
‘Need for Speed: Underground V.2’ (Proprietary Hardware)
‘PGA Tour Golf Challenge Edition’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Tsunami
‘Gone Fishing’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Merit Entertainment
‘Merit Boardwalk’ (Proprietary Hardware)

TLC Industries
‘Shoot Billiards’ (FlexArcade)
‘Shoot Darts’ (FlexArcade)

TrioTech
‘Wasteland Racers 2071’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Andamiro
‘Pump It: In The Grove 2’ (Proprietary Hardware)

Lets see how this list works out.

All the best,

Editor
The Stinger Report"the 'out-of-home entertainment news service"
Link Here

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3476th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Thu 8 Sep 11:41post reply

quote:
Dear All

Where's my SF IV?

editor
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 02:28:post reply

quote:

Where's my SF IV?

Taken from The Stinger Report September Feature:

Capcom
The Stinger Report took a pasting for attempting to speculate on the appearance of a new brawler from Capcom, but we stuck by our sources and ran the story. Well the most anticipated brawler at the show ‘Street Fighter 4’ – did not appear!

The only video product on display on the booth was a preview presentation of sequences from ‘War of Grail’ (Proprietary Hardware). The game will mark the move by Capcom into the satellite terminal market with a RPG network game. The products platform and the number of terminals linked were not made available at the time of meetings at the show, but it was confirmed that the game would be supported by IC Card customization and game storage. The company’s booth was predominantly focused, as last year, on medal games, with a number of products leaning heavily on licensed IP. The realization that Capcom is a medal company rather than a video amusement company still hard to accept.

No-Show - As stated, no playable videos on the booth the company favoring the placement of UFO and Token pieces building on licenses rather than investing further into video this year. The information that AM Show would see ‘Street Fighter 4’ (A-Wave) proved to be little more than corporate rumor control, with information on hoped 2007 projects treated as fact for the rumor hungry fan base. Also news of ‘Donkey Kong Jungle Fever’ being a video proved incorrect, when in fact the launched medal game includes a video screen.

The power of the Internet and the dangers of the Internet no better illustrated by this speculation; but remember where there is smoke…

Editor
Link Here

[this message was edited by editor on Fri 9 Sep 02:32]

Radish
3025th Post

"Re(3):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 02:35post reply

quote:

Where's my SF IV?

Taken from The Stinger Report September Feature:

Capcom
The Stinger Report took a pasting for attempting to speculate on the appearance of a new brawler from Capcom, but we stuck by our sources and ran the story. Well the most anticipated brawler at the show ‘Street Fighter 4’ – did not appear!

The only video product on display on the booth was a preview presentation of sequences from ‘War of Grail’ (Proprietary Hardware). The game will mark the move by Capcom into the satellite terminal market with a RPG network game. The products platform and the number of terminals linked were not made available at the time of meetings at the show, but it was confirmed that the game would be supported by IC Card customization and game storage. The company’s booth was predominantly focused, as last year, on medal games, with a number of products leaning heavily on licensed IP. The realization that Capcom is a medal company rather than a video amusement company still hard to accept.

No-Show - As stated, no playable videos on the booth the company favoring the placement of UFO and Token pieces building on licenses rather than investing further into video this year. The information that AM Show would see ‘Street Fighter 4’ (A-Wave) proved to be little more than corporate rumor control, with information on hoped 2007 projects treated as fact for the rumor hungry fan base. Also news of ‘Donkey Kong Jungle Fever’ being a video proved incorrect, when in fact the launched medal game includes a video screen.

The power of the Internet and the dangers of the Internet no better illustrated by this speculation; but remember where there is smoke…

So what you're saying is that SFIV is coming out later this year?

KTallguy
743th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 07:38post reply

quote:

That's what I read too.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Ishmael
2188th Post

"Re(5):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 08:48post reply

quote:

That's what I read too.

Let's get going here people! Those unsubstantiated rumors about SFIV aren't going to spread around the internet by themselves y'know.

shadowsonic
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 10:24post reply

Re: Thread title

I always thought it was the Amusement MACHINE Operators' Association. :P

Where darkness turns to light and order turns to chaos. 2003.

Freeter
4317th Post

"Re(1):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 11:24post reply

quote:
Lets see how this list works out.

No.

Zepy
1116th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 19:30post reply

So did the last list have a 0% hitrate on games that were unannounced?

Time Mage
2244th Post

"Re(3):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 20:12post reply

quote:
So did the last list have a 0% hitrate on games that were unannounced?

No, he guessed the obvious.

editor
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 20:39post reply

quote:

That's what I read too.

Let's get going here people! Those unsubstantiated rumors about SFIV aren't going to spread around the internet by themselves y'know.

Whoo, thats a bit rich, we were asked to 'speculate' on what could be launched at the show baced on 'rumors' TSR had recieved. When question we even laid-out how the SFIV information was compiled and we stated our concern regarding it - but a strong feeling that Capcom would show a new video.

I can understand that those that just cut-and-pasted our entry and used it as their own without our substantied comments felt foolish.

It stated rumor clearly, and it also stated speculation clearly. Thats what we do and we win some and we lose some, that's why we have our following. If you want 100% your at the wrong place, IGN.com is just down the road and about a few weeks too late.

We were asked to share some arcade information as no one at that point covered it, but hey if this is such an issue and you are so hard done by we will just leave it at that.

All the best,

Editor
Link Here

Iggy
7202th Post

"Re(7):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Fri 9 Sep 23:00post reply

quote:
I can understand that those that just cut-and-pasted our entry and used it as their own without our substantied comments felt foolish.

I am amazed you are able to say such things with a straight face.
I even stopped laughing for a whole second.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Time Mage
2245th Post

"Re(7):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Sat 10 Sep 18:19post reply

quote:
If you want 100% your at the wrong place, IGN.com is just down the road and about a few weeks too late.

I find this even more hilarious. "We provide our false rumors with great anticipation. If you want some real news, go to a real gaming site."

Grave
923th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Amusement & Music Operators Association" , posted Mon 12 Sep 08:30post reply

quote:
If you want 100% your at the wrong place, IGN.com is just down the road and about a few weeks too late.

$80 a year for all the grammatical errors and made-up rumors you can stomach? Sign me up.