Hurricane Katrina - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3385 Views )

talbaineric
6185th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sat 3 Sep 08:51post reply

For any Cafe members coming from the areas that were hit, as well as all the people that are suffering or have lost loved ones in these tragic circumstances, my heart and prayers go out to you all.

Was anyone here in the hurricane's path?

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Replies:

Iggy
7163th Post

"Re(1):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sat 3 Sep 19:50post reply

Not having a TV, I had no clue of what was going on until I saw Zack Parsons' entry on the temporary page of SA a few moments ago.

I've just read through CNN's page, and i am quite speechless.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

simonbelmont
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 15:49post reply

quote:
For any Cafe members coming from the areas that were hit, as well as all the people that are suffering or have lost loved ones in these tragic circumstances, my heart and prayers go out to you all.

Hard for me to pity dumbasses who don't heed a fair warning. I've lived in hurricane regions before and I kept a hurricane locker and evacuated when I was warned. I thought NO was all about boobs, beads, and drinking. But no. Those dumbasses would rather stay home, ignore warnings of certain death, loot, rape, burn, pillage, and play road warrior. Fuck them. I pity people in 3rd world countries like Honduras who literally have nowhere to go when a hurricane strikes. Score one for Darwin.

ONSLAUGHT
3465th Post

"Re(2):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 16:03post reply

quote:

Hard for me to pity dumbasses who don't heed a fair warning. I've lived in hurricane regions before and I kept a hurricane locker and evacuated when I was warned. I thought NO was all about boobs, beads, and drinking. But no. Those dumbasses would rather stay home, ignore warnings of certain death, loot, rape, burn, pillage, and play road warrior. Fuck them. I pity people in 3rd world countries like Honduras who literally have nowhere to go when a hurricane strikes. Score one for Darwin.

I like this guy.
But I'm really sorry for the animals, specially domestic ones like cats and dogs.

crazymike
1161th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 16:24post reply

I feel sorry for all those who did what they were told to do by hunkering down in the super dome and having to put up with all the human filth and anarchy.

However, all those who stayed behind in the city or in their homes is a different story...

KTallguy
736th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 16:34post reply

I feel sorry for everyone.

Some people are poor and have a difficult time moving. In the event that the hurricane wasn't that strong, some people would not be able to make enough money to feed their kids for a day if they evacuate.

I don't feel sorry for the administration, that decided to cut all the money that was supposed to help NO avoid this kind of tragic sitation. Seems like they'd rather kill innocent people in Iraq instead.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Iggy
7166th Post

"Re(4):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 16:42post reply

quote:
Some people are poor and have a difficult time moving. In the event that the hurricane wasn't that strong, some people would not be able to make enough money to feed their kids for a day if they evacuate.

That's what I understood as well... ?
It's cool to say "evacuate", but if those people had nowhere to go, what were they supposed to do ? Go to the superdome ?

(once again, I don't know much about what happenned, so all explanations are welcome)

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Undead Fred
2479th Post

"Re(5):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 16:58post reply

quote:
That's what I understood as well... ?
It's cool to say "evacuate", but if those people had nowhere to go, what were they supposed to do ? Go to the superdome ?

(once again, I don't know much about what happenned, so all explanations are welcome)

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I saw it. Either they just COULDN'T leave, or if they did, they probably had enough hurricanes come in that didn't end up being that bad, so they got hit by the "boy that cried wolf" effect. The rest were just the assholes that were waiting to turn New Orleans into Mad Max and start looting.

I'm still waiting for Dennis Hopper to take over the city and put up fences. It's a total mess down there.

Digitalboy
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 17:47:post reply

quote:

It is a tragedy for all those that are affected by the hurricane.

For a public service announcement, rapper Kanye West said President G. W. Bush "doesn't care about black people." Although Kanye West was dead serious about the statement, IMO I thought it was funny AND because it was broadcasted on public television.

DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER! Xp

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Sun 4 Sep 22:33]

Nickey
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 4 Sep 22:11post reply

quote:

Please stop. That statement is offensive . Alot of people did evacuate, but New Orleans is not a rich area. Alot of people COULDN'T evacuate. They don't have cars, or the money to catch a plane, or the means to just pack up and go somewhere else to live. They have jobs and families and cannot afford to leave. You don't understand how poor some people are in that region. People lived in SHACKS, litterally SHACKS, I've seen them, with 4-5 kids and a few other relatives, with what money could they evacuate with?

Tell me why do we work over-time Looking for that "SOMEONE"?
Why you lookin around in and out of town being lost and found
And when we find that special "SOMEONE"
Then the love turns part-time
Then you lose yourself
...Love is cozmo-naughty

Final-Hero
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 03:18post reply

When it hit Florida I drove through the hurricane, it was a pretty good experience as I went over trees like speed bumps.

...unnecessary suffer is masochist rather than heroic.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3448th Post

"Re(4):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 04:09post reply

call the police, this rave is getting out of hand!

Baines
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 06:40post reply

quote:

A pretty good chunk of the people affected live under the poverty level. These are people that can have problems living day to day under normal conditions.

I'm not trying to be political with this next link, but it is a site that is keeping a decent track of the political side as well as news media turning against the standard government responses. It gives a good idea of what some of the feelings and conditions are at times as well.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/

Krzyzewski Man
1102th Post

"Re(1):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 12:08post reply

Strange to see my hometown like this. Pretty much everything about our country has been exposed here, I think: blacks still get the shaft, the bureaucracy is junked (FEMA and the DHS both completely screwed up - actually, just about everybody decided to call a news conference rather than do anything) and the Bush administration, frankly, does not care. Hell, not just black people, they don't have a care in the world. They caught that skank Condoleeza Rice shoe shopping in the middle of all this. Presumably 'cause of the vicious shoe shortage that's hit our country.

It's weird though - the most surprising thing is how the media reacted. They usually suck up to the administration, but they were MAD this week. Even Shepard Smith of Fox News was going away from the party line. Of course, it took bodies floating in the streets to do it.

This is pretty much it for the status quo, I think. We may see some real change in this country. But that's no bright spot. It took something like this to come to that. After 9/11.

To be honest, I don't think anything good will come of this.

EMISSION

Abster
206th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 12:19post reply

It's been said that the body count is expected to be in the thousands at least. I've been watching the thing ever since it morphed into a super hurricane and ripped apart New Orleans. It's hard for even me to imagine just how destructive the thing was. I wonder how wide of a diameter the overall damage was?

I can't help but feel sad for those people.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Baines
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 16:21post reply

quote:
To be honest, I don't think anything good will come of this.

Nothing will come of it politically, because Bush won't allow anything to be done to anyone. And nothing will happen to Bush either. Everyone responsible is dodging accountability now because once everything is dealt with they know they will be safe. It is only now, while everyone is still upset and it is still blanketing TV, that they face any risk.

Congressmen and women are keeping their heads down, or talking about how bad the response is. They'll all be safe for re-election. Its Bush's second term, so he couldn't run again anyway. Cheney has had his head down, not that Cheney should be electable in anything short of a rigged election, unless the Democrats run the most unelectable person they can fine, and the next Presidental election is years away.

Phoenix
833th Post

"Re(3):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 16:56post reply

I think the question that all Americans should be asking until the Bush administration gives us an honest answer is this: why was the government's response so slow? Make them admit that they don't care. Then make them pay the price for their apathy (which resulted in countless lives being lost) and change their ways. I know it's idealistic thinking, but the blood of thousands demand change.

Ammadeau
1426th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 20:20post reply

No one is going to demand anything. This will all blow over just like every tragedy ever does and people will just avoid the issue until it's nothing more than a yearly memorial. If a soldier dies in Iraq now it probably won't make the news. In a month or two, this will be the same way.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Rid
6825th Post

"Re(5):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 20:41post reply

I'm surprised of all the money wasted on "press coverage" and of how much people is discussing and complaining when they should be going to help themselves.

Phoenix
834th Post

"Re(6):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 22:16post reply

If the current administration is full of incompetent people who don't care about poor people's lives (let's face it they would've responded in hours if it happened in CA) then we have two options to fix the situation. Kick them out and get competent people or re-educate them. The latter is impossible and the former is unlikely/difficult. But those in charge who are responsible must pay and specific heads must roll. (FEMA etc.) Something must change and US must learn from this for the sake of future generations. Discussion is the first step towards change. Without discussion we won't know what to change.

With that said, I agree with Rid that action > words.

Krzyzewski Man
1103th Post

"Re(7):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 5 Sep 23:09post reply

News and notes:

In early 2001, FEMA predicted the 3 worst possible disasters that could hit America: an earthquake in San Francisco, a terrorist attack in New York, and a hurricane in New Orleans.

Also:

A blog noting the racial issues of Katrina.

A column by Jack Shafer on the coverage of Katrina.

Also, some interesting things going on at SomethingAwful. I'd recommend checking their front page out.

More to come.

EMISSION

Krzyzewski Man
1104th Post

"Re(8):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 10:32post reply

One more - I really think that Michael Brown and Michael Chertoff are going to have to go, or Bush is going to be one lame duck. Make that dead duck.

Here's a twofold link - it notes a lot of the failures and background of these two men. Also, it shows what happens when a Frenchperson tries to argue with a bunch of barking rabid elephants. Poor Clara. Any comments, fellow people of France?

EMISSION

Undead Fred
2480th Post

"Re(4):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 12:15post reply

quote:
I think the question that all Americans should be asking until the Bush administration gives us an honest answer is this: why was the government's response so slow? Make them admit that they don't care. Then make them pay the price for their apathy (which resulted in countless lives being lost) and change their ways. I know it's idealistic thinking, but the blood of thousands demand change.

Well, I think the Louisiana governor is actually a big part of the slow response. In one of the many discussions I've heard about the hurricane, it was mentioned that the governor has to specifically call a state of emergency and ask the government for help instead of the main government just barging in whenever they like. From what I've heard, it's more or less the governor's fault that the response for aid was so slow.

Krzyzewski Man
1106th Post

"Re(9):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 12:15:post reply

It's ALREADY got a ytmnd site. What a beautiful mind.

Edit: Oh, good.

Edit 2: On the subject of the governor's responsibility, I defer to Andrew Sullivan:
quote:
The 2004 National Response Plan explicitly states that, at times of
any natural or manmade incident, including terrorism, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the population, infrastructure, environment, economy, national morale, and/or government functions,
the federal government pre-empts local and state government in its responsibility to act quickly. After 9/11, the administration wisely dispensed with the formalities of deferring to local authorities (which, of course, in this case had already issued a state of emergency as early as August 26). The attempt by the spinners to blame this on the obviously overwhelmed and incompetent local authorities, doesn't fit with the Bush administration's own rules. Proof positive can be read here. Keep digging, Karl.

EMISSION

[this message was edited by Krzyzewski Man on Tue 6 Sep 12:19]

Baines
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 13:23:post reply

quote:
From what I've heard, it's more or less the governor's fault that the response for aid was so slow.

FEMA (and Homeland Security) been one of the biggest problems from several reports. They wanted the Red Cross and other relief groups to stay out. They are the ones that cut emergency communication lines. The ones not supplying the designated safety areas or hospitals, without even a decent dodge as to why not.

In my home state, there is a group of around 100 doctors that have waited for days to be sent to New Orleans, but have been denied access. Note that this isn't just a charity group either, this is a group funded by Homeland Security for the purpose of disaster relief.

A lot of groups have made mistakes, state and federal. Even FEMA employees admit at times how pathetic it [FEMA] can be. Military cutbacks and involvement in Iraq meant the Army Corp of Engineers had to cut back work and maintenance on the levies. Wetlands restoration ignored for years that would have much reduced the dangers of New Orleans flooding. A federal government that only got its disaster news from the news media rather than its own resources, and then still failed to actually act on several levels. Etc.

What it ultimately shows is the whole organization is a joke. Mind, some people have known that for years, and I don't just mean partisan bickering "knowing."

[this message was edited by Baines on Tue 6 Sep 13:35]

Undead Fred
2481th Post

"Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 17:06post reply

quote:
It's ALREADY got a ytmnd site. What a beautiful mind.

This one's better.

Ahh, okay. I assumed there were mistakes and laziness and under-funding all around, but I didn't know about the pre-empting scenario you mentioned. All I had heard was the basic one where the governor had to call them in.

Iggy
7170th Post

"Re(9):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 19:03post reply

I kinda like the way the hurricane is treated in french media, which is, well the exact same way any disaster is shown when it hits any part of the world.
I'm not saying they should talk about it more in depth (they are only talking about the victims, the destruction, and not at all about the political side of the event, the FEMA and the rest), I just like the idea that every country, US or small little 3rd world country, is the same when viewed from far enough.

Anyways, I like this thread and SA for the insight it gives. Thanks to anyone.

quote:
Here's a twofold link - it notes a lot of the failures and background of these two men. Also, it shows what happens when a Frenchperson tries to argue with a bunch of barking rabid elephants. Poor Clara. Any comments, fellow people of France?

This is incredibly funny.

Oh, let me quote it for people who don't want to read it all :

quote:
1. African immigrants are routinely burnt to death in hopeless conditions. But that’s nothing when one looks at France’s reputation in Africa after the genocide in Rwanda. It was France that backed the hutu slaughter. Can I quote from the respected Human Rights Watch NGO: ” Some governments, particularly France and several African governments, continued to support the Rwandan government throughout the genocide.” I hope you American’s read this and stop feeling so bad about yourselves. About 1,000,000 people were slaughtered and France knew what was going on and stood by and watched. .Just as the Vichy French did during world war II.
2. Reports of attacks on synangogues are routinely suppressed so as not to rile France’s massive muslim population.
3. Large areas of Paris have been surrended to Sharia law.
4. Jean Marie le Pen is still very, very popular.
5. French farmers receive massive subsidies through CAP - denying poor farmers throughout the world a chance to compete with them in European markets.
6. Between 1981 and 1985 40% of French arms exports were to Iraq. Not only that the quality of arms sold was very high: mirage fighter jets and exocets to name but a few. It was these sales that provoked the taking of French hostages by Iranian backed groups in the Lebanon.
7. The French political elite is corrupt. Alain Juppe, Chirac’s right hand man and French prime minister was found guilty of a party funding scam. He got an 18 month suspended sentence and was barred from taking political office for 10 years.

That makes my day.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Ammadeau
1428th Post

"Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 20:20post reply

Wow, France is a lot less corrupt than the US, though a bit more than Canada.

Mosquiton
1687th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 6 Sep 22:41post reply

Be sure to tune in next week for another episode of "As the World Sucks".

/ / /

Iggy
7172th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Wed 7 Sep 00:37post reply

In case it wasn't clear enough, most things written on France are incredible bullshit, either by being totally wrong (everything related to muslim and jews), overestimated (Jean Marie who ?) or underestimated (Why is he talking about Juppé's corruption ?).

But I really like the shariah law in several parts of Paris. This is golden.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Ammadeau
1430th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Wed 7 Sep 01:50post reply

quote:
In case it wasn't clear enough, most things written on France are incredible bullshit, either by being totally wrong (everything related to muslim and jews), overestimated (Jean Marie who ?) or underestimated (Why is he talking about Juppé's corruption ?).

For the record, I thought all of it was meant to be a joke, though watching Banlieue 13 makes me believe the whole country is evil and not just Paris.

This is getting a bit off topic though. We need to say more bad things about the US.

Kikkoken
971th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Wed 7 Sep 03:54post reply

But I thought Schwartzenegger had super powers that could have thwarted the hurricane.

Krzyzewski Man
1106th Post

"Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Wed 7 Sep 04:20post reply

quote:
I kinda like the way the hurricane is treated in french media, which is, well the exact same way any disaster is shown when it hits any part of the world.
I'm not saying they should talk about it more in depth (they are only talking about the victims, the destruction, and not at all about the political side of the event, the FEMA and the rest), I just like the idea that every country, US or small little 3rd world country, is the same when viewed from far enough.

Awwww. Let's all hug a foreigner today!

quote:
Anyways, I like this thread and SA for the insight it gives. Thanks to anyone.

Mostly me, of course.

quote:
This is incredibly funny.

Yep. Gotta love our right wing nuts. And that's not even Free Republic!

quote:
Oh, let me quote it for people who don't want to read it all :

blah blah cock

That makes my day.

Well, that's good.

Oh, and Michael Brown is seriously taking heat. Check this blog by the incredibly gay Andrew Sullivan that charts the dozens of blogs asking for his firing. For an even better time, check out his Wikipedia entry. What was it, the Arabian International Horse Association?

Lastly, I think that Zangief thing might have come from HerV. I'll check.

EMISSION

Krzyzewski Man
1112th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sat 10 Sep 14:20post reply

Why God/Al Gore created the Internet. Here's a link explaining.

Also, here's a nice quick way to become monstrously hateful.

EMISSION

Iggy
7205th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sat 10 Sep 20:25post reply

I have nothing to contribute, but thanks Krzyzewski for the links.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

KTallguy
744th Post

"That's not all kids!" , posted Sun 11 Sep 01:35post reply

'http://canofun.com/blog/videos/olbermannwhostoblamecommentarysep5.wmv'
URL

That's all you really need to listen to, and I'm praying that that represents the sentiments of most people in our nation right now.

But really, this site: 'http://www.canofun.com/blog/default.asp'
has all the videos you need. If you're American, it'll piss you off.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Krzyzewski Man
1113th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 11 Sep 02:38post reply

quote:
I have nothing to contribute, but thanks Krzyzewski for the links.

You're welcome. What do you think of our C-list talk show hosts (Matt Williams)? Worse than France's, or what?

EMISSION

trogdor
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 11 Sep 14:23post reply

oh STFU kanye west. like he really feels the plight of his people down in new orleans. george bush doesn't give a shit about black people... wow what a revelation! i bet it just helped you sell more records.

dumbasses.

Iggy
7209th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Sun 11 Sep 18:04post reply

quote:
You're welcome. What do you think of our C-list talk show hosts (Matt Williams)? Worse than France's, or what?

Frankly, I was terrorised. Here, there would have been a trial for saying such things on TV, and the persons who gave him the opportunity to do so would have been embarrassed as well.
Talking loud so nobody can cut you is a concept I haven't seen here yet, either. Thank god.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Rid
6834th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 12 Sep 00:21post reply

I'm surprised nobody tried to put the blame on videogames. C'mon lawyers! Michael Jordan's Chaos in the Windy City! What else do you need?

Krzyzewski Man
1114th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 12 Sep 02:44post reply

quote:
Frankly, I was terrorised.

! I guess we are more jaded in our country. And here I thought ya'll were a buncha mini-Sartres.

quote:
Here, there would have been a trial for saying such things on TV, and the persons who gave him the opportunity to do so would have been embarrassed as well.

Ummm... not defending, but I'm guessing France doesn't have as established free speech laws?

quote:
Talking loud so nobody can cut you is a concept I haven't seen here yet, either. Thank god.

Heh.

quote:
oh STFU kanye west. like he really feels the plight of his people down in new orleans. george bush doesn't give a shit about black people... wow what a revelation! i bet it just helped you sell more records.

dumbasses.

Do you really think Kanye West needs the extra sales, fuckwit? This can only hurt his income, anyway, because white people run the record companies, and buy most of the rap CDs anyway! Do you really think it was just black people buying Get Rich or Die Tryin'? You need to stimulate your mind, bud. Of course, to do that, you'll need to stick your fist up your asshole.

EMISSION

Iggy
7214th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 12 Sep 02:56post reply

quote:
Ummm... not defending, but I'm guessing France doesn't have as established free speech laws?

I'm not sure, but I think offending statements are prohibited.
Someone (like an association against racism in Le Pen's cases) has to depose a charge (is it the expression ?) against the offender.

This system works here because people don't go to their lawyers every time they think they can get the tiniest profit by sueing everyone and everybody. It defends people without paralyzing the (already extremely slow) justice.

But again, I don't have a clue if what I'm saying is even remotely accurate, I'm not a lawyer or anything.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Krzyzewski Man
1115th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Mon 12 Sep 03:08post reply

quote:
I'm not sure, but I think offending statements are prohibited.
Someone (like an association against racism in Le Pen's cases) has to depose a charge (is it the expression ?) against the offender.

This system works here because people don't go to their lawyers every time they think they can get the tiniest profit by sueing everyone and everybody. It defends people without paralyzing the (already extremely slow) justice.

But again, I don't have a clue if what I'm saying is even remotely accurate, I'm not a lawyer or anything.

All right. Thanks.

EMISSION

Iggy
7249th Post

"The truth" , posted Tue 20 Sep 06:28post reply

It was a yakuza conspiration all along !

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Zepy
1125th Post

"Re(1):The truth" , posted Tue 20 Sep 06:53post reply

quote:
It was a yakuza conspiration all along !

Nos... Nostradam!?

ナ ゝ   ナ ゝ /    十_"    ー;=‐         |! |!   
          cト    cト /^、_ノ  | 、.__ つ  (.__    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄   ・ ・   

,. -─- 、._               ,. -─v─- 、._     _
            ,. ‐'´      `‐、        __, ‐'´           ヽ, ‐''´~   `´ ̄`‐、
       /           ヽ、_/)ノ   ≦         ヽ‐'´            `‐、
      /     / ̄~`'''‐- 、.._   ノ   ≦         ≦               ヽ
      i.    /          ̄l 7    1  イ/l/|ヘ ヽヘ ≦   , ,ヘ 、           i
      ,!ヘ. / ‐- 、._   u    |/      l |/ ! ! | ヾ ヾ ヽ_、l イ/l/|/ヽlヘト、      │
.      |〃、!ミ:   -─ゝ、    __ .l         レ二ヽ、 、__∠´_ |/ | ! |  | ヾ ヾヘト、    l
      !_ヒ;    L(.:)_ `ー'"〈:)_,` /       riヽ_(:)_i  '_(:)_/ ! ‐;-、   、__,._-─‐ヽ. ,.-'、
      /`゙i u       ´    ヽ  !        !{   ,!   `   ( } ' (:)〉  ´(.:)`i    |//ニ !
    _/:::::::!             ,,..ゝ!       ゙!   ヽ '      .゙!  7     ̄    | トy'/
_,,. -‐ヘ::::::::::::::ヽ、    r'´~`''‐、  /        !、  ‐=ニ⊃    /!  `ヽ"    u    ;-‐i´
 !    \::::::::::::::ヽ   `ー─ ' /             ヽ  ‐-   / ヽ  ` ̄二)      /ヽト、
 i、     \:::::::::::::::..、  ~" /             ヽ.___,./  //ヽ、 ー        

Baines
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Hurricane Katrina" , posted Tue 20 Sep 09:17post reply

quote:
This system works here because people don't go to their lawyers every time they think they can get the tiniest profit by sueing everyone and everybody.

Ah.. We get to say whatever we want, then the lawyers decide if someone can get sued for it (like claiming slander). Or perhaps get fined by the FCC for saying the wrong things on broadcast air. Or in special cases, Congress tries to pass laws to prevent it from happening again.