More ■e CG movies ? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1803 Views )

Iggy
7147th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 04:13post reply

Venezia !

The director of FF AC said the team was looking forward to make more CG movies (I guess still with ■e's money).

I wonder what series they will choose to develop. I guess the future of the CG division will be tied to AC's [lack of] success.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Cain Highwind
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 08:35post reply

quote:

I guess the future of the CG division will be tied to AC's [lack of] success.

It's funny, Sakaguchi said the same thing before TSW came out. He said they were planning more movies with the same characters but different settings and environments.And then TSW bombed.

I wouldn't be so cynical though. This IS Final Fantasy VII after all. You know the Rabid fanboys will buy it. I don't know how they'll sell that $300 Limited Edition in Japan.

On another note, Kitase said in Game Informer a few months ago, he was interested in making FFVI spinoffs. I sure hope that's true.

Rid
6813th Post

"Re(2):More ?e CG movies ?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 10:50post reply

quote:
On another note, Kitase said in Game Informer a few months ago, he was interested in making FFVI spinoffs. I sure hope that's true.
A dating sim starring Umaro!

Iggy
7153th Post

"Re(2):More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 17:34post reply

quote:

I can point at all the FF7 rabid fanboys of the universe, but I would buy anything with FF6 written on it.
Well, many things, at least.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Shin_ATproof
1206th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 17:54post reply

quote:

The last truly great FF game would get some long overdue and well deserved attention!? No ****ing way.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Mokona
313th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Sat 3 Sep 00:28post reply

Making spinoffs for FFVI would feel as bad/weird as the Star Wars Eps I to III for me. I'd definitely pay to play, but it diminishes the whole saga in a way. A big mistake IMO.

Blah!

Ishmael
2178th Post

"Re(4):More ■e CG movies ?" , posted Sat 3 Sep 00:39post reply

quote:
Making spinoffs for FFVI would feel as bad/weird as the Star Wars Eps I to III for me. I'd definitely pay to play, but it diminishes the whole saga in a way. A big mistake IMO.

Exactly. Whether or not FFVI is any good is up to the individual player but the game itself has nothing on the memories the fans of the game have. No matter what kind of spin-off is made it's never going to compare with the idealized version of the original that many people remember.

ONSLAUGHT
3458th Post

"Mmmmhh..." , posted Sat 3 Sep 00:57post reply

quote:

Exactly. Whether or not FFVI is any good is up to the individual player but the game itself has nothing on the memories the fans of the game have. No matter what kind of spin-off is made it's never going to compare with the idealized version of the original that many people remember.

Agreed.
FF VI is so perfect to me, that any sequel, or spin off would feel either inferior or nonsensical.
The only FF VI related thing on ay modern console that I could accept is a remake.
I still remember the emotion I felt when I saw the PSX FMVs, and if they can reproduce those feelings with a remake, then I welcome it.

Phoenix
831th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Mmmmhh..." , posted Sat 3 Sep 02:38post reply

What about an Advent Children style movie starring the FF6 cast? With symphonic OSTs and what not... Perhaps a retelling of the story or something.