Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2294 Views )

Iggy
7132th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 09:53post reply

Here.

I wonder what will happen to the TRF franchise...
I guess we won't see any TRF3.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Replies:

Chupiler
920th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 15:19post reply

quote:
Here.

And there goes one of the few great fighting game series of recent... I think I'll go buy TRF2 now...

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

Digitalboy
254th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 16:52post reply

quote:
I think I'll go buy TRF2 now...

It's out for the Japanese home console now? If so please provide a link to where I can buy and have it in my greasy hands.

Shingo The One
626th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Iggy-san, what's happening with Dimps?" , posted Thu 1 Sep 19:51post reply

quote:
Here.

Hey Iggy-san, can you please tell me why have Dimps made this sudden unexpected decision and what's going to happen to them now? Will they now focus on console fighting games, like the Saint Seiya franchise which they now have the rights, and of which they said earlier this year, by your word, that they're making a new Saint Seiya fighter and since very soon it's making a too long overdue anime comeback?
PS No hard feelings about the last post I made to you.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

Fygee
1210th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 20:05post reply

quote:
Here.

Chock full of question marky goodness. Anyone willing to summarize that article?

Iggy
7137th Post

"Re(2):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 20:44post reply

Holy ficking shit, people, will you PLEASE read my messages before asking ?

When I say "I wonder what will happen to...", it often means that I don't know the answer.

Then, when I link to a short article, I translate what's in it.
And I translated what was in that one in the title of this very thread.
Stop thinking Chinese has all the answers and I'm hiding them from you because I'm an asshole.

I'm hiding them because I'm an asshole AND I hate you, that's different.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

repukken
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 21:01post reply

quote:
Here.

Was TRF2 a good game anyway?

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

sabo10
1209th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 21:53post reply

quote:

Was TRF2 a good game anyway?

No.

It had dizzy and some throws were mashable.

Chupiler
921th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Thu 1 Sep 23:58post reply

quote:
Holy ficking shit, people, will you PLEASE read my messages before asking ?

When I say "I wonder what will happen to...", it often means that I don't know the answer.

Then, when I link to a short article, I translate what's in it.
And I translated what was in that one in the title of this very thread.
Stop thinking Chinese has all the answers and I'm hiding them from you because I'm an asshole.

I'm hiding them because I'm an asshole AND I hate you, that's different.

Nowadays, making a new 2D fighter is a big risk, and I doubt that Dimps alone could afford to make another unless some other company starts chipping in financially. Of course, there's the hope that Dimps will make more TRF despite all the risks.

Either way, TRF2 home port doesn't seem likely at this point.

And TRF2 is a great game. It's actually the only game that kept me connected to the fighting game scene, since I stopped playing everything else...

くぁwせdrftgyふじこlp;

exodus
2940th Post

"Re(4):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Fri 2 Sep 03:02post reply

well, they still have backing from Sony and Bandai. Dimps has been making so much stuff that I'd be surprised if they didn't get bigger. I think that this move from sega is either going to mean Dimps is getting bigger on its own and wants to be free, or they're getting bought up more by Bandai, to become an internal studio.

Shingo The One
627th Post

"What about Dimps' Saint Seiya?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 05:46post reply

quote:
well, they still have backing from Sony and Bandai. Dimps has been making so much stuff that I'd be surprised if they didn't get bigger. I think that this move from sega is either going to mean Dimps is getting bigger on its own and wants to be free, or they're getting bought up more by Bandai, to become an internal studio.

Thank you very much exodus for telling me what has happend to Dimps. I hope that that they continue to exist and to do great fighting games. For example, Iggy-san said earlier this year when they were about to release their latest fighter based on one of the legendary manga/anime franchises, Saint Seiya, they were already thinking about a second fighter based on it. And they should, considering that very soon, the anime adaptaion of the last and best arc, Hades, will finally continue next month. And especially cause the end result of the first game is sadly really shit. A true fighter based on it definitely has to come, don't you think so?

Digitalboy
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Fri 2 Sep 13:51post reply

quote:
TRF2 home port doesn't seem likely at this point.

All my hopes and dreams...fading...fading...*

Shingo The One
628th Post

"Re(1):What about Dimps' Saint Seiya?" , posted Fri 2 Sep 13:56post reply

quote:
Thank you very much exodus for telling me what has happend to Dimps. I hope that that they continue to exist and to do great fighting games. For example, Iggy-san said earlier this year when they were about to release their latest fighter based on one of the legendary manga/anime franchises, Saint Seiya, they were already thinking about a second fighter based on it. And they should, considering that very soon, the anime adaptaion of the last and best arc, Hades, will finally continue next month. And especially cause the end result of the first game is sadly really shit. A true fighter based on it definitely has to come, don't you think so?

Hey guys, since we are talking about legendary manga/anime franchises, we certainly can't leave out Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star). Now, IGN has got a few clips of the game, but easily the highlight is the intro sequence. With the revelation that the protagonist and undisputed star of the franchise, Kenshiro, has a new seiyuu, Kunihiro Kawamoto.
Here's the link:
media.cheats.ign.com/media/769/769521/vids_1.html

Iggy
7154th Post

"Dimps won't work with SegaSammy anymore" , posted Fri 2 Sep 17:40post reply

quote:
since we are talking about legendary manga/anime franchises

No.
You were talking alone.
We were talking about TRF.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね