Arcade Stick for the Gamecube - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2201 Views )

Kikkoken
959th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Arcade Stick for the Gamecube" , posted Tue 30 Aug 02:43post reply

I am looking for the definitive arcade stick solution for gamecube. I was told Hori was the best manufacturer to choose from, but I can't decide between the following options:
-Fighting Stick Cube (pros= gamecube-dedicated; cons= button layout is not satisfying for Gameboyplayer action, as X and Y are useless then. I need a stick allowing programmable button layout).
-Fighting Stick 2 for PS2 (pros= buttons configurable; cons= requires a converter [which one?], which means the useful functions might be lost in the conversion process, like turbo, analog control and such).
-Real Arcade Pro Stick for PS2 (pros= widely acclaimed; cons= programmable? Keeps its functions when using the converter? Hard to find.)
Any suggestion is most welcome.

Replies:

Shin_ATproof
1203th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Arcade Stick for the Gamecube" , posted Tue 30 Aug 02:53post reply

I'm rather hip to the:

"HRAP + PS2>GC converter" Idea.

I mean look at it this way. HRAPs are easy to fix and really can't get much closer to Arcade feel than actually having a Japanese sitdown cabinet.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Kikkoken
960th Post

"controller converter" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:19post reply

Thanks! Now, do you or anyone know what controller converter is the best?

HAYATO
474th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Arcade Stick for PC" , posted Wed 31 Aug 16:46:post reply

quote:
I'm rather hip to the:

"HRAP + PS2>GC converter" Idea.

I mean look at it this way. HRAPs are easy to fix and really can't get much closer to Arcade feel than actually having a Japanese sitdown cabinet.

Keeping in mind I'm a PC user, would this be the best option for me as well (HRAP + PS2>PC converter), or should I stick to other, more PC-oriented joystick such as X-Arcade?

[this message was edited by HAYATO on Wed 31 Aug 16:47]

Shin_ATproof
1204th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Arcade Stick for PC" , posted Thu 1 Sep 18:21post reply

quote:
Thanks! Now, do you or anyone know what controller converter is the best?

Well going by more wellknown brandnames, I think Redoctane is making or has already made an "all-in-one" converter for like $20. Other companies have made similar products and even dedicated hardware that does one and only one conversion.

quote:

Keeping in mind I'm a PC user, would this be the best option for me as well (HRAP + PS2>PC converter), or should I stick to other, more PC-oriented joystick such as X-Arcade?

Well look at it this way, my friends and I played GGXX#Reload and SS0Sp on the PC with my HRAP and other joysticks, everything worked perfectly.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

HAYATO
481th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Arcade Stick for PC" , posted Fri 2 Sep 18:24:post reply

quote:

Well look at it this way, my friends and I played GGXX#Reload and SS0Sp on the PC with my HRAP and other joysticks, everything worked perfectly.

Well, in that case I'll probaly try your HRAP.I've tried so many different PC sticks and I'm tired of refunding them to the stores due to poor arcade feeling and unsatisfactory button feedback...

Thanks for the info!!

EDIT: BTW, do you know whether they accept overseas shipping to Europe or not?

[this message was edited by HAYATO on Fri 2 Sep 18:26]

Kikkoken
967th Post

"Re(5):Arcade Stick for PC" , posted Fri 2 Sep 22:41post reply

quote:

Well, in that case I'll probaly try your HRAP.I've tried so many different PC sticks and I'm tired of refunding them to the stores due to poor arcade feeling and unsatisfactory button feedback...

Thanks for the info!!

EDIT: BTW, do you know whether they accept overseas shipping to Europe or not?

Hayato, where'll you get yout HRAP from? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

HAYATO
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Arcade Stick for PC" , posted Sat 3 Sep 03:37post reply

quote:

Hayato, where'll you get yout HRAP from? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Well, the only thing I did was searching for it in Play-asia.com, but it seems unavailable right now (they're waiting for stocks)...