Puny Humans! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1789 Views )

Ishmael
2172th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Puny Humans!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 04:37post reply

For a lark I rented The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and was surprised to find that the game is really quite fun. IH:UD takes the sandbox approach of GTA and combines it with a main character that can dish out a lot of painful looking moves to make an entertaining game. One thing that really surprised me in the game is that you aren't penalized for collateral damage so hundreds of innocent people die every time I hit the streets. But all that killing is in the name of good fun since the whole point of the game is to find new and creative ways to blow things up. Whether you are throwing taxicabs at helicopters or picking up a cow and beating a tank to pieces with it there's no end to the hysterical violence you can dish out. Licensed games are usually on the low end of the entertainment scale but IH:UD ended up being better than I expected.

Replies:

GekigangerV
1153th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Puny Humans!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 07:12post reply

quote:
For a lark I rented The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and was surprised to find that the game is really quite fun. IH:UD takes the sandbox approach of GTA and combines it with a main character that can dish out a lot of painful looking moves to make an entertaining game. One thing that really surprised me in the game is that you aren't penalized for collateral damage so hundreds of innocent people die every time I hit the streets. But all that killing is in the name of good fun since the whole point of the game is to find new and creative ways to blow things up. Whether you are throwing taxicabs at helicopters or picking up a cow and beating a tank to pieces with it there's no end to the hysterical violence you can dish out. Licensed games are usually on the low end of the entertainment scale but IH:UD ended up being better than I expected.

I got the game too and I enjoyed it quite a lot, but it is incredibly short. I beat the game in about 3 days. The only main things to do know are look for the hidden comic books and trying to earn enough points for the last unlockable.

In comparison to Spider-Man 2, it takes some of the stuff I found bad in that game(crappy minigames/challenges, crappy boss fights, and lack of extras) and gives us the exact opposite.

Although the story mode is short(even shorter than Spider-Man 2) I love playing the challenge missions over and over. I wish they had a boss battle option because they are very sweet. One of my favorite fights was against a super huge mech in the city.

I wish they added some filler to the story to make it last longer.

It's worth a rental at the least.

I am just waiting for X-Men Legends II, Ultimate Spider-Man and MAYBE Marvel Nemesis(how is the comic going anyways?)

Juke Joint Jezebel
3445th Post

"Re(2):Puny Humans!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 07:34post reply

quote:

I got the game too and I enjoyed it quite a lot, but it is incredibly short. I beat the game in about 3 days. The only main things to do know are look for the hidden comic books and trying to earn enough points for the last unlockable.

In comparison to Spider-Man 2, it takes some of the stuff I found bad in that game(crappy minigames/challenges, crappy boss fights, and lack of extras) and gives us the exact opposite.

Although the story mode is short(even shorter than Spider-Man 2) I love playing the challenge missions over and over. I wish they had a boss battle option because they are very sweet. One of my favorite fights was against a super huge mech in the city.

I wish they added some filler to the story to make it last longer.

It's worth a rental at the least.

I am just waiting for X-Men Legends II, Ultimate Spider-Man and MAYBE Marvel Nemesis(how is the comic going anyways?)

calling all onsy
calling all onsy

ONSLAUGHT
3449th Post

"Heed the call of the ONSY!" , posted Mon 29 Aug 14:16post reply

quote:

calling all onsy

I've heard nothing but good things about this game. I will get it as soon as I have some money.
I'm always ready for some Hulky love.

GekigangerV
1156th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Smash" , posted Wed 31 Aug 13:18:post reply

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Well I bought the last thing to be bought in the shop, Savage Banner. He plays just like Savage Hulk with all the same sound clips. Its interesting to play as him as he lets you truly see the largeness of the city since he is scaled down. But I enjoy playing as Joe Fixit more as he has different sound clips that are quite funny.

"Spit or Swallow? Blood, I mean."

End of Spoiler

Since this thread exists I thought I would bring up Marvel Nemesis as I just played a quick demo today at Gamestop.

I found the experience quite dull. The controls remind me of X-Men Legends. The face buttons are used for Jump, attack, grab and there is now a block button. Holding the "R" trigger while pushing another button would create a special attack. For Spider-Man, "R" + Attack would be web ball and "R" + Block would be a web dome.

Maybe I should play it a little more before deciding, but Marvel Nemesis just does not interest me.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Wed 31 Aug 13:19]

Dr Baghead
3508th Post

"Re(1):Smash" , posted Wed 31 Aug 14:01post reply

quote:
Maybe I should play it a little more before deciding, but Marvel Nemesis just does not interest me.

No you played long enough... I played the demo at ComicCon 3 or 4 times and that's basically it.

Don't try and play it like a legit fighting game, I was kicking ass and taking names as Spider-man using his simple combo but the guy I was fighting found out how to do Iron Man's lazer and just hide and shot at me.

Later I found out the real way to play the game was to pick stuff up and throw it, throw like there's no tomorrow, grab the exploding shit first and then go after the other stuff, don't bother with combos just use projectiles and throw shit!!!... so really the real 'fun' is having a snow ball fight and acting like an ass instead of actual fighting. (are all characters gonna be able to lift every obstical in the game? The playable Iron Man, Johnny Ohm, 'big generctic EA guy who's name I forgot', Wolverine and Spider-man I can see being strong enough to lift some of the objects but will the human Elektra and DD be tossing exploding water towers around too?

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

ONSLAUGHT
3456th Post

"Baggie!" , posted Wed 31 Aug 14:27:post reply

Sorry to derail this Hulktastic thread, but...
Sorry Baghead, I didn't send your stuff when I said I was going to do it, but I'll send it tomorrow, it'll reach you in a week or two.

Do you still want the Nightwing? I have some spare money and I can get him if you want.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Thu 1 Sep 00:22]