KoF XI - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4344 Views )

Ishmael
2171th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 04:20post reply

Because the last thread on the subject has imploded I figured I would start a new thread to mention that the KoFXI site has updated recently. Will Duck King's chick center in the Fatal Fury team's story? Will Shen Woo be a complete character this time out? Only time will tell.

Replies:

talbaineric
6183th Post

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 05:41post reply

quote:
Because the last thread on the subject has imploded I figured I would start a new thread to mention that the KoFXI site has updated recently. Will Duck King's chick center in the Fatal Fury team's story? Will Shen Woo be a complete character this time out? Only time will tell.

Forgive me if I sound redundant, but I will say this again, whoever is doing the art for this game is incredible! Certainly the best KOF art ever IMO.

I'm really loving how the game looks so far. Especially the backgrounds. I like that one whitewashed town with the church stage.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Bata kun
2691th Post

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 10:23post reply

quote:

1. P-chan, the focus of the old "GD" team. That sounds too farfetched.

2. Anything can happen, but he might be.

Moriya
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 12:01post reply

quote:
Forgive me if I sound redundant, but I will say this again, whoever is doing the art for this game is incredible! Certainly the best KOF art ever IMO.

Hiroaki is the man. I've been saying that for years. Hope he keeps doing the illustrations for the next KOFs.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Phoenix
826th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 13:31post reply

So does Ash have braces or what? Hiroaki is my personal fave.

Iggy
7106th Post

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 18:38:post reply

Reminder : even though they gave the job to an artist everybody likes, it doesn't mean the game will be any different.
This is based on 03, remember ?

Also.

Answer from the future to Polly : The fact 03 bored me before I could even try all the new characters mean something to me.
And to say nothing of the animation, the sound, the sprites, the characters, the controls...

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 29 Aug 18:58]

Pollyanna
1353th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 18:50post reply

quote:
Reminder : even though they gave the job to an artist everybody likes, it doesn't mean the game will be any different.

Why do you pick on KOF 03 so much? I mean, it may not exactly be SNK's crowning achievement, but I don't see what makes it worse than any number of other KOFs/SNK games. Maybe I didn't play it long enough and I'm missing something.

Stifu
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 19:11post reply

I think the KoF series has been stagnating for years... They add about as many characters as they remove each time (something that can't be said about SS, for instance), and the game still doesn't look great...
In my opinion, KoF has always favored quantity over quality (quantity in the standards of the past, that is)...
And now, with rosters of only 30+ characters, it's like they're favoring NEITHER quantity or quality... Heh.

Needless to say I'm not really looking forward to this game.

Time Mage
2234th Post

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 19:21post reply

quote:
Why do you pick on KOF 03 so much? I mean, it may not exactly be SNK's crowning achievement, but I don't see what makes it worse than any number of other KOFs/SNK games. Maybe I didn't play it long enough and I'm missing something.

Well, the game is unpolished, and has an alarming lack of animation (much worse than any KOF after '95), but it has some good and interesting ideas thrown around. And that was more than what you can say about '2002, for example, which is '98 but ugly.

talbaineric
6184th Post

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Mon 29 Aug 23:37post reply

quote:

I also liked KOF 2003. Certainly better than 2k2 in my opinion, I had more fun with it. I was further spoiled by the KOF 2k2/2k3 port to PS2.

Altf4
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 00:22:post reply

The fact that the KOF03 engine was based off SVC Chaos already is a bad mark in my books, then theres also the shitty hit sounds and tag system...Hopefully XI will be bit better since it is on a new system, even though its based off the 03 engine as someone mentioned. Lets just hope they screwed up something so it actually plays a bit different.

edit: what simple layouts...reminds me of KOF01.

[this message was edited by Altf4 on Tue 30 Aug 00:29]

Phoenix
828th Post

"XI engine" , posted Tue 30 Aug 04:47post reply

KOF XI has a "refined" 2k3 engine:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~orochinagi/viewtopic.php?t=482

It all sounds really good on paper if you ask me. Hopefully it's even better in real life. I'd quote the translation here except it's really detailed. Many thanks to Perfect Stranger from ON.

aderack
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 05:11post reply

quote:
The fact that the KOF03 engine was based off SVC Chaos already is a bad mark in my books, then theres also the shitty hit sounds and tag system...

I really like the newer sound effects. They sound meaty.

aderack
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 05:14post reply

quote:
Why do you pick on KOF 03 so much?

Because he thinks Ash is ugly and because it suits his agendas?

exodus
2930th Post

"Re(4):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 06:17post reply

I like 2003 - I don't like ash much, but I suck at charge characters. I like it better than 2002, that's fosho!

Amakusa
641th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 14:54post reply

quote:

It's still better than both 2001 and 2002, and anyone who says otherwise is in serious denial and wishes 2002 was half as good as '98 (and I have a rather low opinion of '98 to begin with).

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

D`Cloud
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 16:20post reply

2k3 wasnt based on the svc engine. 2k3 is not a bad game. only duo lon made it look bad.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Iggy
7120th Post

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 17:27post reply

quote:
It's still better than both 2001 and 2002, and anyone who says otherwise is in serious denial and wishes 2002 was half as good as '98 (and I have a rather low opinion of '98 to begin with).

2002 had Shermie.
And none of those terrible, terrible new characters.
Or that system.
Or that engine.
But mostly, it had Shermie.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

NARUTO
3198th Post

"Re(4):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 17:38post reply

IMO KOF 2003 was Meh, due to the tag system.
I hate tag and KOf is deffinitely not a game made for taging... they better should make a good 3 VS 3 again. thanks to the PS2 port who have the option.

And Even if KOF 11 interest me, I already find the backgroud lame, (nice for sure, but so empty and unoriginal) If Elizabeth look nice , Oswald and Momoko looks soooo lame.
Duolon is here, when Lin & Co aren't, and I still didn't have Long as a mid-boss.
Special effect where remade for NGBC not for KOF 11, and like Iggy said shermie isn't in...

Still I'll get the game pley it and try to enjoy it. At least I'm really curious to see the bosses.

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Fygee
1208th Post

"Re(5):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 17:49post reply

The new characters in KOF '03 weren't exactly the bee's knees, but I totally loved the new engine and feel to it. Easily the biggest change in how the game felt since '96, which the series desperately needed. Lots of nice, new sprites as well (though Yuri's was horrible), and the music was an improvement over 2K2 and eons beyond '01 (then again, what isn't?).

D`Cloud
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 18:24post reply

all i hear is blah blah blah im whinning fanboy.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Pollyanna
1359th Post

"Re(7):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 19:17post reply

I mean...there were things that stunk about '03, but, I liked it more than 2000-2002 in just about every aspect. Also, since I've played KOF 98 and 99 to death and anything before 98 isn't worth playing (in my opinion) '03 ends up ranking pretty high. Still, I felt like it had some good potential or was a step forward that didn't quite make it. So...I have high hopes for KOF XI, even though it looks very ugly.

In terms of characters, as Iggy said, 02 DOES have Shermie, but it doesn't have Hinako...so...it evens out. It's missing someone else I use, but I can't remember who...

Anyway, '03 doesn't have Hinako OR Shermie, but I'm hoping Duck King, Jenet and Elizabeth can fill that hole.

And yeah...the NEW new characters in '03 were pretty weak. Ash and Shen were especially (and disappointingly) simplistic. I always try the new characters right off (unless they're ugly), so that's a big deal in a new game.

kofoguz
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:12post reply

Hinako....
I still got a silly hope that they will add females team Hinako and Xiangfei in it. And korean team leading by Jhun.
Ah but i prepared to be dissapointed.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Pollyanna
1363th Post

"Re(9):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:23post reply

quote:
Hinako....
I still got a silly hope that they will add females team Hinako and Xiangfei in it. And korean team leading by Jhun.
Ah but i prepared to be dissapointed.

Crap! I forgot! No Jhun this year, either! Well, I'm REALLY investing a lot in the new characters now. They're missing all of my favorites.

I would say "Xiangfei is too much to hope for EVER", but if they bring Eiji back, anything goes. I'll always hope for Hon Fu to make an appearance, though Duck King is satisfactory.

kofoguz
149th Post

Regular Customer

"BRING BACK XIANG FEI TO THE KING OF FIGHTERS" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:48post reply

quote:
I would say "Xiangfei is too much to hope for EVER", but if they bring Eiji back, anything goes. I'll always hope for Hon Fu to make an appearance, though Duck King is satisfactory.

How about a petition?

BRING BACK XIANG FEI TO THE KING OF FIGHTERS.

I'm sure they'll knee before us after that. Who's with me.
XD

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Iggy
7124th Post

"Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 20:54post reply

Xianfei, like most Garô characters (Yamazaki, especially), gives me the same feeling as CFJ : if you like them, play their original game (that is, RB2).

This is especially true for the MOTW characters in KOF 03.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

kofoguz
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 21:00post reply

quote:
Xianfei, like most Garô characters (Yamazaki, especially), gives me the same feeling as CFJ : if you like them, play their original game (that is, RB2).

This is especially true for the MOTW characters in KOF 03.

Still, she was fun 99. I was joking.(I dont know why ı need to explain?)
Anyway I need Hinako more than Xiangfei. Especially when C+D attack returned and hers rocks.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Stifu
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Tue 30 Aug 21:11post reply

quote:

I really feel that way for good old Terry, Andy and Joe... They look and play so much better in RB2... Their KoF versions are kind of stiff and boring to play.

Iggy, please send a mail to Yuki in Japanese that would roughly translate to: "OMG PLZ MAKE RB3 FOR US!!!1!".
Or not. :p

Bata kun
2697th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 03:04post reply

quote:
Iggy, please send a mail to Yuki in Japanese that would roughly translate to: "OMG PLZ MAKE RB3 FOR US!!!1!".

A "RB III" wouldn't be a bad idea. Too bad not many people would jump for joy about that.

kofoguz
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 08:24post reply

quote:

A "RB III" wouldn't be a bad idea. Too bad not many people would jump for joy about that.

I would jump for joy about every new fighting game from snk or capcom. But youre right.

Ps: I think they should make sequels of the fighting games that transfers character to kof.I guess. Cause were going to see every fatal fury characters in kof soon.
Ps2: I should sleep.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

Nate
669th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 13:51post reply

On a completely unrelated note, I share a birthday with Elizabeth Branctorche.

I don't really know what to think about that.

Thoughts?

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Grave
916th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 14:27post reply

quote:

Thoughts?

I was born on the same day as Freddie Mercury, therefore you will always be my inferior. Those are my thoughts!

Sensenic
1362th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 15:24post reply

quote:

Thoughts?

My thought is that so far I've yet to find some character who was born the 16th of March, being Terry Bogard the closest one, on the 15th.

I was glad to discover Ashley Mizuki Robbins was born the 16th of March... till someone made me notice... >_<{D'oh!
Such an idiot...

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

Fygee
1209th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Thu 1 Sep 19:19post reply

According to 8-1 on SC.com, Gai Tendou is in the game in some form. Can anyone confirm?

ShoMug
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Fri 2 Sep 16:32post reply

quote:
Will Duck King's chick center in the Fatal Fury team's story? Will Shen Woo be a complete character this time out? Only time will tell.

I think the real question is "Will Shingo retain his awesome flame(s) from 2K3?"

I really like the line-up. It seems like a good idea to give some of the veteran characters a break and bring in new blood. I'm mostly glad that Duck King is in which is probably something that I still won't believe, even though the he's confirmed and listed on the site, until I've used him.

Also I hope Eiji fights Zombie Mature in his ending, because that would just be fantastic.

aderack
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Fri 2 Sep 21:40post reply

quote:
According to 8-1 on SC.com, Gai Tendou is in the game in some form. Can anyone confirm?

Sure ain't on the standard roster.

I'm surprised there isn't a Buriki team by now. 2003 would have been a good time for it.

Altf4
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Sat 3 Sep 01:25post reply

on a diff note, looking Hotoko no ken make me depressed how graphically old KOF sprites are...

Shingo The One
629th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Sat 3 Sep 01:37post reply

quote:
on a diff note, looking Hotoko no ken make me depressed how graphically old KOF sprites are...

I dropped by to give you just a small correction my friend. It's Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star). Hope that is cleared for you.

Worth dying for. Worth killing for. Worth going to hell for. Amen.

Fernandeath
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Sat 3 Sep 01:47post reply

quote:

[sarcasm]How can you say that? I just *LOVE* sprites from 1996 and low-res games[/sarcasm]

Now seriously, I remember when SNK announced KOF 98 as the "last KOF for MVS".
That time I was dreaming about a KOF with pretty sprites and nice visual effects.
I canīt believe that we are in 2k5 and this situation havenīt changed YET. =/

Ishmael
2181th Post

"Re(1):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 09:58post reply

I may have missed this in a different thread, but the official KoFXI site has updated with new screenshots and a hysterical select portraits of the AoF team where King looks like nothing more than Ryo in drag.

http://www.snk-capcom.com/htm/videos.htm

snk-capcom.com has a video up as well in case you haven't seen it of Oswald and Eiji kicking much ass, the disturbing looking Dream Cancel feature and what appears to be some guy from Buriki One.

Burning Ranger
1291th Post

"Re(2):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 10:10post reply

quote:

snk-capcom.com has a video up as well in case you haven't seen it of Oswald and Eiji kicking much ass, the disturbing looking Dream Cancel feature and what appears to be some guy from Buriki One.

Wait... GAI IS IN THE GAME!?!? He wasn't announced as far as I knew... but the vids seem to be proof. Wow--just wow.

As for the game itself, the videos are just awesome to look at. It looks like there's a lot of change as far as DMs and moves are concerned. I don't really like the Save Shift thing, since it seems like it will be an abuseable cop-out from combos (it should cost more than 1 stock IMO). Makes things a little interesting though.

Wow, I can't wait until this comes out.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

talbaineric
6187th Post

"Re(3):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 10:48post reply

When's this game coming out? Will it arrive in American on consoles in the form like 2k3 did?

Evenor
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 12:05post reply

Even though I'm not a fan of the tag system from the horrid 03, this game looks great!

I'm already in love with momokos ugliness.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1377th Post

"Re(5):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 14:12post reply

How does this...dream cancel thing work?

JJWE
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 14:42:post reply

quote:
How does this...dream cancel thing work?

As I understand it, it's basically cancelling a super into another super, the catch being that it costs both stock (don't remember how many, two probably?) and you have to have a full "skill" meter (or whatever it was called). It's a meter that gradually fills itself during the course of time, and doing moves and/or hitting doesn't affect it the slightest. So basically it's just a timer.

edit: Polly, your new avatar frightens me.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

[this message was edited by JJWE on Tue 6 Sep 15:07]

Freeter
4316th Post

"Re(7):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 16:57post reply

quote:
As I understand it, it's basically cancelling a super into another super,

I thought it was canceling a DM into a Leader DM...

JJWE
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 16:58post reply

quote:
I thought it was canceling a DM into a Leader DM...

Ah, maybe it is. Basically the same thing, just a little more... selective. :)

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Pollyanna
1378th Post

"Re(7):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 17:39post reply

quote:

edit: Polly, your new avatar frightens me.

I changed to this one, because my other one was making a kissy face, just like my last one. Two kissy faces in a row is too many! I gotta take a month off from kissy faces.

Anyway, that sounds like fun as long as it's not something you can do all the time. I'd hate to have this turn into a crazy combo broken crapfest. But...if it ends up like the exceeds in SvC, then that's yaaaay for me.

Phoenix
836th Post

"Re(8):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 18:27:post reply

quote:

Anyway, that sounds like fun as long as it's not something you can do all the time. I'd hate to have this turn into a crazy combo broken crapfest. But...if it ends up like the exceeds in SvC, then that's yaaaay for me.

I paraphrase/quote PaGaN 3l3m3nts from Orochinagi.com
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~orochinagi/viewtopic.php?t=369

LDM's have replaced SDM's. Cancelling DM's into SDM's has been around for a while now, nd it's no different than that. Having maxed out skill AND power stocks will be a task you'll have to achieve for optimum combos. (meaning during this time you can't use all those things that use stock like CD counter, DM, tag evasion blah blah) We need abbreviations. sS and pS are my terms for skill stocs and power stocks for the remainder of this rant. Now...
A Super Cancel is cancelling a special move to a DM. This costs 1pS (to perform the DM) and 1sS (to perform the cancel). A Dream Cancel is just the same, but uses 2pS since you're doing an LDM instead. Now, with max stocks (that's 2sS and 3pS), it is feasible that you could do a combo into a special move, Super Cancel (using 1sS + 1pS), then Dream Cancel (using 1sS + 2pS). That would be very damaging. BUT. You have to realize that doing this would leave you with no stocks whatsoever, putting you on the defensive. You can't guard evade, you can't guard cancel, you can't tag attack, and you can't tag evade.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Tue 6 Sep 18:35]

Iggy
7171th Post

"Re(9):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 19:17post reply

Not only Gai, Adelhaid is also here.

The esthetics of the game is incredibly nice compared to prior Imoya products, and the combo breaker alone makes the game more interesting than most other games of the series.
I'm worried about the animation, though. MOTW characters still don't do it for me, and I'd like to see if Ash, Shenwu or Heidi have been finished for this game.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

kofoguz
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 22:11post reply

How can dreamcancel be effective for kasumi or b.jenet.
Btw I really like Kasumi's ldm spark comes after she grabs her opponent, not when she perform it.

Also justice system gonna kill turtles imo(I really hope so) I hope it wont turn out otherwise.

Im really excited about this sequel.

PAMUKKALE/COTTON CASTLE

tenguman
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):KoF XI" , posted Tue 6 Sep 23:14post reply

Guess this footage impressed everyone, huh.

But indeed, it "promises" a lot more than the images we've already seen.
It seems to me that they made some good adjustments to the character animations (not for everyone, unfortunately).

The Eiji sprite seems untouched to me. Is that so?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」