Sensenic
1355th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 18:27:post reply

One
Two
Three

Maybe old news, but... Resident Evil (The first one, once again) is coming to the DS. With added features for the touch screen, such as knife fighting (reminds of House of the Dead), puzzle solving and cleaning the blood from the screen after you blow some zombie's head off . Also there might be some... singing? (Dunno, but if it's true, it just doesn't feel right, singing in a Horror game... no?)

Looks... eh... interesting to me, but guess I won't be getting it.

EDIT: linking fixed.

Za Peepaa Yomiko chan! -Nyoooon-

My philosophy professor was a flan Myself

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 24 Aug 18:28]

Replies:

Iggy
7079th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 18:39post reply

Meh.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

NARUTO
3191th Post

"Re(2):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 18:43post reply

quote:
Meh.

Yes, Meh...

We are all mad at some point...

Pollyanna
1333th Post

"Re(3):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 18:54post reply

But it's so pretty! Look at how beautiful it is! I bet it has Dante, too...and a dancing minigame!

No...that's hoping for too much...it's probably a fishing minigame.

This reminds me...in the sea of stupid ports from Capcom, I'd love to see a DS/PSP remake of Gaia Master.

Iggy
7081th Post

"Re(4):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 19:00post reply

quote:
I'd love to see a DS/PSP remake of Gaia Master.

I love your ideas, gentle lady.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Ammadeau
1418th Post

"Re(5):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 20:17post reply

I was thinking of Gaia Master quite recently, as a game I once forced my friends to play until they begged me otherwise. There must be some sort of cosmic alignment going on here. I think an online port to the PSP would make exactly one game I would want the system for.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Radish
2994th Post

"Re(3):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 20:37:post reply

quote:
Meh.

Yes, Meh...

Meh again. I'm too bored with Biohazard to finish playing REmake.

And regarding Capcom ports, where is my new version of Quiz and Dragons (with 90% more baseball questions)??

[this message was edited by Radish on Wed 24 Aug 20:38]

Rid
6794th Post

"Re(4):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 21:05post reply

quote:
This reminds me...in the sea of stupid ports from Capcom, I'd love to see a DS/PSP remake of Gaia Master.

But PS1 Gaia Master, not DC Gaia Master.

Iggy
7082th Post

"Re(5):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 21:17post reply

quote:

Explain, I'm curious.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Time Mage
2229th Post

"Re(1):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 21:24post reply

Totally uninteresting, really. I don't see the point in playing an horror game in a small screen, with the same graphics or worse than the original, specially since there's been a remake much more better than the original not so long ago.

Rid
6797th Post

"Re(6):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 22:27post reply

quote:
Explain, I'm curious.

Capcom guy #1: Hey! Why not make a Dreamcast Gaia Master!
Capcom guy #2: yes, but let's use very basic and ugly 3D for it, it's cheaper!

http://www.tuttoconsole.com/dreamcast/giochi/immagini/gaia/gaia.htm

Mosquiton
1679th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Wed 24 Aug 23:21post reply

quote:

Speaking of strategy board games, I just got the PS2 Culdcept off ebay. Me and my woman are digging it.

Gaia Master looks 'inspired' by Culdcept from what little I've seen on it. I guess the series has never been released in English?

A DS or PSP version of a game like this really would be great.

/ / /

crazymike
1156th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 01:27post reply

Well I think Biohazard/RE 1 is still the best in the series.

And at least this remake adds more than half of the Gameboy Advance library which were straight ports of SNES titles. Now that was meh to me.

Sano
1959th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 02:28post reply

Looks nice enough. Will probably wind up getting it down the line due to a severe lack of interesting games available on the DS and the PSP. Not that this looks even that interesting but it would be nice to play RE on a handheld with a game that's halfway decent.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Grave
912th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 02:31post reply

quote:

And at least this remake adds more than half of the Gameboy Advance library which were straight ports of SNES titles. Now that was meh to me.

Yes! With PSP and DS, the future is now... N64 and PS1 remakes all around!

Except they're porting the wrong ones. I want Jumping Flash! 1&2 and Parappa the Rapper on PSP. This remake I can deal with though, and I will probably buy it, because the first RE is a game I never get tired of in any form. Assuming they can get voiceovers onto the cart, I want the original crappy PS voices. This would make me smile.

I'm starting to feel the PSP boredom lately though... DS has a lot of games I'd really like to play still, but on my PSP, I only play with emulators anymore. Weak. I wish Namco would port Tekken Tag to this thing, that would keep me busy for a very long time.

Pollyanna
1334th Post

"Re(7):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 04:47post reply

Ohmygod. I had no idea that Gaia Master was on DC. THat's the most terrible thing I've ever seen.

And I like the first Biohazard best, too...but that doesn't mean I want to play it again, especially ugly and on a portable system.

Burning Ranger
1278th Post

"Re(2):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 08:19post reply

quote:
Totally uninteresting, really. I don't see the point in playing an horror game in a small screen, with the same graphics or worse than the original, specially since there's been a remake much more better than the original not so long ago.

Exactly how I feel. Hell, it probably won't have the original 'B-movie' FMVs. Now, maybe if it was an RE Prequel, then... (I would like to see a STARS Anti-Terror/Police Shooter).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

Felicia & Morrigan: no explanation necessary.

Radish
3000th Post

"Re(7):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Thu 25 Aug 20:34post reply

quote:

Yes! With PSP and DS, the future is now... N64 and PS1 remakes all around!

Except they're porting the wrong ones. I want Jumping Flash! 1&2 and Parappa the Rapper on PSP. This remake I can deal with though, and I will probably buy it, because the first RE is a game I never get tired of in any form. Assuming they can get voiceovers onto the cart, I want the original crappy PS voices. This would make me smile.

I'm starting to feel the PSP boredom lately though... DS has a lot of games I'd really like to play still, but on my PSP, I only play with emulators anymore. Weak. I wish Namco would port Tekken Tag to this thing, that would keep me busy for a very long time.

Yeah, I'm a big PSP fan and even I'm starting to wonder what the hell is up. You'd think that even lazy developers would be porting interesting titles instead of the blah stuff now.

Personally I think the problem is that both Nintendo and Sony were trying too hard to beat each other to the portable market share and released the systems at least a year too early.

Sensenic
1356th Post

"Re(8):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Fri 26 Aug 05:51post reply

quote:
And I like the first Biohazard best, too...but that doesn't mean I want to play it again, especially ugly and on a portable system.

Well, I don't find it beautiful enough either, but I must point out that apparently this time the scenarios are 3D real time (that's why the first person camera for the knife-cutting), and they look like they have the same level of detail as the original.

kikkoken
957th Post

"Re(9):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silence" , posted Fri 26 Aug 07:13:post reply

makes me wish I had a DS-- but, wait, I DO have a DS! (with no dead pixel hé hé)

[this message was edited by kikkoken on Fri 26 Aug 07:14]

Kikkoken
957th Post

"Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly Silenc" , posted Fri 26 Aug 08:42post reply

Got a DS and a new avatar!

Iggy
7088th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly " , posted Fri 26 Aug 09:04post reply

gross.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

NARUTO
3192th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly " , posted Fri 26 Aug 21:45post reply

quote:

Yes but MY avatar is Hot!
Right Iggy?

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Kikkoken
958th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sat 27 Aug 18:59post reply

quote:

Right Iggy?

If you used real pics of you, it would be so much hotter, and you know it, that's why you modestly use those second-rate studs instead, so as not to cause a stir (and more) among the MMC members.

Iggy
7090th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sat 27 Aug 20:32post reply

quote:
Right Iggy?

No.
Those are his 1P clothes.

ねんがんの 7000をてにいれたぞ!
  そう かんけいないね
=> 殺してでもうばいとる
  ゆずってくれ たのむ!!

Undead Fred
2475th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sun 28 Aug 03:46post reply

quote:

Right Iggy?

If you used real pics of you, it would be so much hotter, and you know it, that's why you modestly use those second-rate studs instead, so as not to cause a stir (and more) among the MMC members.

LOL BUTTSECKS

Have those links in the first post been moved or deleted or something? I couldn't get anything when I clicked on them. So, is the knife going to be more powerful in this version of the game? Because in every RE game (except 4), that knife was a death sentence. I can't imagine how giving us first person would make it work any better.

Sensenic
1359th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sun 28 Aug 06:09post reply

quote:
Have those links in the first post been moved or deleted or something? I couldn't get anything when I clicked on them. So, is the knife going to be more powerful in this version of the game? Because in every RE game (except 4), that knife was a death sentence. I can't imagine how giving us first person would make it work any better.

Yup, they're dead apparently. This's the best I could find for an alternative (not that I searched that much): Ph33r the knife

As for this weapon, I thought the same: if in the first RE knife = game over, then the player ain't gonna use it that much...

Two possibilities: Either the ammount of ammo has been lowered so you have to use the knife more often or the FP camera will also be used for the other weapons, having to "touch" for each shoot instead of slicing.

Or not.

crazymike
1158th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sun 28 Aug 06:40post reply

What I am amazed at is that Capcom actually bothered to save all those 3d models for the mansion's interiors all those years ago.

Suprised the creators of Myst did too...

NARUTO
3194th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Resident Evil/BioHazard: Deadly" , posted Sun 28 Aug 18:31post reply

quote:
Right Iggy?

No.
Those are his 1P clothes.

Well ther no art of his 2P costume so... And this one is made for your imagination... you can think about so many things...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...
Like you I was Like me you'll be...